ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #1
djpharoah
\m/

Name: Mesh

Motorcycle(s): CBR600F3 Smokin Joes

Searching for my next bike is tiring - Blog

So its official - my brother is going for his MSF course in 2 weeks and will be inheriting my EX250. He is really stoked to get such a nice bike as his first one and he knows I've really taken good care of it.

Now starting this weekend I've been on the look out for my bike which will be a 600cc bike. Had in mind Kawasaki ZX6-R, ZZR600s but they are ridiculously hard to find on Craigslist. I'd love to stay with Kawi as they were my first brand but I'm not specifically hunting for them.

The other bikes I'm looking at are the Honda F4, F4i series bikes. Fuel injected + digital gas gauge has me GASsing for one but who knows.

So I went to LA yesterday to take a look at a 2001 Kawi ZX6-R in kawi green. Dear god - I got there and that green just screamed out to me. After spending like 20 min talking to the guy I decided to get serious and got cracking on my inspection of the bike. It was in great condish and he was the original owner with like 13k miles on it.

I would have like to put down a deposit but I promised my folks that I'd look at atleast 5-6 bikes before I buy one.

Anyways I walked away from a great bike and kinda feel sad - hoping its still there in a while but highly doubtful.

Thanks for listening
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Mista Bob
Über n00b

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Triumph TT600, Honda NS50F, Kawasaki ZZR-250 (sold)

I know that feeling all to well.
Just wanted to get a bike ASAP while I was looking around.
Only thing that made me look around more was not having money for another 2 weeks.
But yeah, definitely don't wanna rush things.
Mista Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #3
djpharoah
\m/

Name: Mesh

Motorcycle(s): CBR600F3 Smokin Joes

Thanks Bob. I'm constantly browsing Craigslist for a nice deal but honestly till I go and check out atleast 5 bikes I'm not buying anything - unless the bike is really dead mint/amazing/etc.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote