ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 12th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #1
OCMagnum
ninjette.org member

Name: OC

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, 2012 Ducati Monster 696 (sold), 2012 Ninja 250 (sold)

Good items for autograph??

OK guys, need some ideas here, but please keep it with the realm of "normal" (i.e. no body parts )....

Looks like I will be able to attend a session (pictures/autographs) with some Yahama MotoGP riders . I am especially thrilled to meet the guy that was once sposored by an imaginary chicken and rode a victory lap with a blow up doll , but also the guy who likes to race with a broken collarbone. Not a big fan of his, but man does he get a lot of respect from me for that ride a couple weeks back.

So I need some ideas of what I could bring to get signed (limited to one item). First I was thinking about the seat cowl of my Ducati, but I guess the signatures would wear off from rain/washing the bike. So right now I'm kind of stuck with the usual posters, shirts, etc.

Anybody have any great ideas?

Thanks!
OCMagnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Buy a cheaper or used helmet and get it signed
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Helmet, seat cowl whatever you want that can be clear coated over. A good clear coat will protect the sigs for as long as it's maintained.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Helmet, seat cowl whatever you want that can be clear coated over. A good clear coat will protect the sigs for as long as it's maintained.
This.

Also I vote for a helmet and/or your forehead.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #5
OCMagnum
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, 2012 Ducati Monster 696 (sold), 2012 Ninja 250 (sold)

Guys, appreciate the responses. Unfortunately I just heard that they had about double the sign ups than usual for this kind of "family & friends" event, so they pulled the autograph session. But should still have the photo op piece, as well a review of Assen with the riders.

So excited!!!!

PS Wonder if Lorenzo is actually going to make it since he had another off in practice today...

Old July 12th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #6
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
well that's lame, I was going to suggest a forehead. Then you could go straight to a tattoo artist your trust to have them go right over it in ink so you could have that forever.

choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #7
OCMagnum
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
well that's lame, I was going to suggest a forehead. Then you could go straight to a tattoo artist your trust to have them go right over it in ink so you could have that forever.

I have some tats, and I have seen the results of some folks doing just what you suggest .....I think I pass on his one

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 12th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #8
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I hate carrying things around with me so I go with have them sign your ticket, pit pass, or program,