ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old October 25th, 2017, 10:28 AM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Knee/PCL surgery

Has anyone undergone this procedure or known anyone who has?

Looking for a little insight. The particular type is PCL reconstruction, I think it's referred to as double-bundle reconstruction.

It's the procedure involves that cutting the smaller hamstring tendon to use as a graph, looping it through a turn-buckle/anchor, drilling a few holes in the bones, and securing it between the tibia and femur.

My PCL is 100% torn as result of a bike accident back in April. Knee has been getting progressively more unstable and this seems to be my only option.

The operation is scheduled for a month from now.

Old October 25th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #2
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
My brother had this done back in the '90s due to football injury. Do you have any family in Europe?

Look up much more advanced arthroscopic procedure used in Switzerland with carbon-fibre. Don't have to slice your entire leg open, no removal of any existing material. You're in and out hospital same day. Recovery is very quick since there's less trauma to tissues. This was 20-years ago, I bet they have even better process now.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #3
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Had ACL (anterior, rather than posterior) re-done in a similar fashion this last December (along with some meniscus repair).

Glad I got it done! Stability is back, recovery was quick, scaring was minimal.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2017, 05:40 PM   #4
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
No advice but I hope it does the trick for you!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 27th, 2017, 08:55 AM   #5
t-cab12
Needs a riding buddy.

Name: Taylor

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 1986 Honda Elite 80

I had ACL instead of PCL - just tiny little scars from the endoscopic ports, and one scar a little over an inch long. Ask for a nerve block. I was a college athlete when I had my surgery and they opted out of the nerve block so I could start rehab that day...waking up from surgery without the nerve block is unbelievably painful.

Also - I thought the hamstring graft slowed down my recovery instead of using a cadaver. Not only do you have to rehab your knee, you have to rehab your hammy.

Other than that, just do your physical therapy and you'll be good. I've got full functionality in my knee and haven't slowed down.
t-cab12 is offline   Reply With Quote