ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM   #1
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Next bike for sure!

Once I completely turn my 250 into a track only bike, within the next few years. I will have enough riding experience to move up a few cc's. I want to take my time not rush things.

So until then, or I see something else. I think I would get this.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...on/#more-11404

For street use.

$9500 for a brand new 0 mile 100% custom, very few people will even know what it is, sick ass tough looking ride.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Nice looking bike. Good choice.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

That is sweet. I wouldn't worry too much about the power, the single is still only going to produce a modest increase. If you have the money, I suggest getting it sooner before too many others get built so you can enjoy the uniqueness.

Wish I had the money.

I wonder if the rules on vintage racing might be bent enough to allow something like this???
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM   #4
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I love the rear drum brake.

Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
I wonder if the rules on vintage racing might be bent enough to allow something like this???
I did some research into race requirements. I contemplated(might still do it in the future) rebuilding a cb350, so I wanted to do it right from the start. They have a lot of requirements, a whole rule books worth. The frame needs to be welded as well as the swing arm(factory cold press) so you have to basically start from the ground up. It would be a lot of work, but it could be done. You'd have to safety wire everything and add an oil catch pan. Thats just getting on track. You'd have to mess with that engine a lot if you want to be competitive.
There are some antique monsters out there.

Here are some of my plans, all the parts are either OEM or aftermarket, the frame has been tweaked. I made this in C4D. It's concept so it's not 100% accurate.

Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Anteraan
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
That is sweet. I wouldn't worry too much about the power, the single is still only going to produce a modest increase.
Agreed, in the comments section, I believe it was the creator of the bike that indicated it was ~30hp - nothing to worry about there.
Anteraan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2010, 05:59 PM   #7
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

That's what I thought, so a fairly modest increase of a couple HP, if the frame is lighter then it might be impressive compared to the 250. Anyone that has the ability to control their right hand should never be concerned about going to a more powerful cycle. If you have decent clutch control and low speed throttle control, then you are more than fine. If you can't keep yourself from running it at redline in top gear, then you really shouldn't be allowed to drive anyway (or maybe limited to a 50cc)
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote