ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old June 17th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

SF Bay Area to Cherry Lake 6/5/2008

Earlier this month I took the ninjette on its longest trip to date, a little over 400 miles in a day. She was up for it! Here's what the GPS track looked like at the end of the day:

I rode out with 6 other motorcyclists, not a single one with less than 4 times the Ninjette's horsepower. Even though some of them were fans of the bike, seeing a well-known local rider tear up the santa cruz mountains for years on a 250, they were somewhat skeptical that this little mount would be comfortable enough and capable enough for me to have a good time all the way out to Cherry Lake. Not only was it a decent length ride, but there are such elevation changes that the motor was sure to be taxed.

But I had a great time! Zero issues keeping up with the fastest members of the group, in all aspects of the ride except for a very small number of long, steep, climbs where those on literbikes motored past the baby ninja with me giving her all she's got. In the twisties, as we all know, the handling of this bike is pretty impressive. But even aside from the capabilities of the bike, it's just a whole pile of fun. I was smiling the entire ride. And more than one of the other motorcyclists came up near the end of the day with a new respect for what the little 250 is truly capable of.

Now that it's wired for GPS and heated clothing, there isn't anywhere I can't take this bike, and I'll certainly be sure to post up about it in this forum when I do.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2008, 09:19 AM   #2
SV-Mark
Never enough time

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 690sm, ex250, kdx200, nc50, z50

I know this is a little late, nice report, 400 miles... good deal, I knew it was capable, My ninjette will fill the role of commuter/sport tourer

Thanks for posting
Mark