ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 17th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #1
SMman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danger

Motorcycle(s): 15 CBR300R, 14 BWS50, 09 FZ1, 09 Ninja 250, 06 CRF450R Motard, 03 ZX-6R

NEW Honda VTR250F V-twin (Japan)

This looks like a great bike which we will probably never see. I have always loved v-twins and enjoyed their sound and character. A friend of mine started on a late 80's VTR250F and I wondered why Honda stopped offering it in North Amerca. The v-twin would certainly be more entertaining compared to the single cylinder in the CBR250. Unfortunately, naked and half-faired motorcycles never seem to sell well in North America. Here's hoping Honda will someday slip that engine in the CBR250. For now, enjoy the artile and pictures of this Japanese only motorcycle.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...pan/22329.html

"HONDA’S VTR250 has been around in various forms for donkeys’ years and has long been one of those Japan-only bikes that you might have thought would do OK over here too.

Now there’s an even more intriguing version, the VTR-F, complete with the headlight from a CBR250R and a half-fairing with more than a hint of FireStorm about it.

In case you’re not familiar with the VTR250, it’s been made for years, starting as the VT250F back in 1982. It went through various forms, gaining an ‘R’ for the Interceptor VTR250 in 1988 – a kind of mini-VFR750 in terms of appearance – before disappearing in1990. After a hiatus, the bike re-emerged in 1997 with looks that were either ‘inspired by’ or ‘ripped off from’ the Ducati Monster, depending on your point of view. A facelift in 2009 created the latest version.

All versions have made around 30bhp from a 249cc, four-valve-per-cylinder, water-cooled V-twin which gained fuel injection for the latest iteration. And the new one is no exception, making a claimed 30PS (around 29bhp).

Despite some interest, Honda has never sold the latest style VTR250 in Europe, and it’s unlikely to bring the F version here either. Part of the problem is price, as in Japan it’s a clear 30% more expensive than the better looking and nearly-as-powerful single-cylinder CBR250R.

The bike’s appearance comes just days after we revealed that Honda was planning a new sports bike launch in February 2013. Is this it? We don’t think so, as that mystery new bike rumour comes via Honda in America, and this is very much an Asian-market bike."

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...#ixzz2LCgSltAN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 54888.jpg (49.8 KB, 12 views)

Old February 17th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Very nice looking bike. I lke it.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

It's a Honda. What's not to like?
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #4
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

Our Naked version has been a winner for many years.

Overpriced now that the cbr is $2000 cheaper, and ii never needed a bikini but,

Its a Honda, it will be bulletproof.
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #5
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
It's a Honda. What's not to like?
It's appearance...

Whoever sits down & draws these things thinking they look good needs their crayons taken away!
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #6
soggybottom
Aimless

Name: rory

Motorcycle(s): 01 ninja 250

I had an 89 vtr250. Wish I never sold it. In my opinion it was a better bike than the ninja 250. Better handling, better torque, easier to work on, better build quality, and better looking, in my opinion, than the pregen ninja. Only downside was how rare it was. Hard to find parts. Also the brakes left some to be desired. If Honda brought back an updated version in the US I would be first in line at the dealer.

There are a lot of cool, small bikes out there that we don't get in the US. It's a real shame. But things are starting to look a little better with the new small displacement bikes from honda, kawasaki, and suzuki.