ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[kropotkin thinks...] - Garry McCoy On FB Corse: "The First Year Will Be Tough"

If you enjoyed reading this article, please click here to view it on Kropotkin's site, MotoGP Matters.

-----------------

After the rumored link-up of Garry McCoy and the FB Corse MotoGP team was finalized over the weekend, the details of the deal left plenty of room for questions. We caught up with Garry McCoy at his home in Andorra to put some of those question to him. Here's what he has to say, about his expectations for the 2010 season, when he expects to be racing, and how his previous experience will work to his advantage.

MotoMatters: Are you pleased that you've finally got a deal in place?

Garry McCoy: Yeah, for sure. What can I say? The World Supersport ride [with Triumph] was looking good there for a while up until mid-January, and then I thought I had nothing there for a moment. Then the GP deal popped up with FB Corse.

MM: Did they contact you or were you phoning them?

GM: They were chasing me down. I hadn't contacted them at all.

MM: I understand you were getting getting ready to go back to Australia when the deal happened.

GM: Yeah, I was planning to go out at 9 o'clock in the morning and we were still doing the deal at about 3am.

MM: The deal is for two years, do you know how many races you'll be doing this year?

read more