Old November 13th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #1
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Police to use off-road motorbikes

BBC Report

I bet they're going to have great fun on them.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #2
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Very cool! I had to write a Proposal as a response to an RFQ once on this. I suggested the BMW F650GS-P and the Buell XB12XP! The advantages to offroad capable motorcycles is huge when it comes to law enforcement and emergencies!
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #3
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

I look to them for the 2-strokers still left at 250cc and under. Agree with you 2 for sure, and love your choices. Always feel bad for Buell never getting credit for accomplishments, and made with a muzzle on in some cases from HD. When I saw my first Kawa 650R, which I bought, I thought of him immediately upon seeing the exhaust. Happy trails for good folks.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #4
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
I look to them for the 2-strokers still left at 250cc and under. Agree with you 2 for sure, and love your choices. Always feel bad for Buell never getting credit for accomplishments, and made with a muzzle on in some cases from HD. When I saw my first Kawa 650R, which I bought, I thought of him immediately upon seeing the exhaust. Happy trails for good folks.
Wrong thread?
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #5
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

San Diego police used them dirt bikes back in the 70's. Ran all us little punk kids with our yz-80's outta the canyons
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
Very cool! I had to write a Proposal as a response to an RFQ once on this. I suggested the BMW F650GS-P and the Buell XB12XP! The advantages to offroad capable motorcycles is huge when it comes to law enforcement and emergencies!

The perfect bike for them.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote