ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 18th, 2015, 08:16 PM   #1
Devita818
ninjette.org member

Name: Eli

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

SportISI

So ive done the impossible and contacted SportISI in Indonesia and successfully purchased two tire huggers and a radiator cover I was told that the two tire huggers were $70 Each the radiator cover was $35 and shipping was like $280 I sent 10 or so emails before I got one in return from the Indonesia side and the American side was helpful after a number of emails where he explained many times that he doesn't carry it yada yada but I believe he encouraged the Indonesia people to contact me. the tire huggers were packed pretty good but not perfect because I didn't want to pay another 100 bucks for crate shipping. I will post pictures later but I have found that the Empire Moto Shop has many more products and they got back to me within hours
Devita818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2015, 12:58 PM   #2
VirtualAndy
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

No love for Canada

I've been trying to message these buggers and same deal no reply. In my eyes the sportisi hugger is literally the nicest design out there and I have yet to see anything that compares. Course living in Canada I feel there's even less of a chance I'll ever be able to get my hands on one of these for my bike.
VirtualAndy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Devita818
ninjette.org member

Hey virtual andy I agree I purchased an ATech rear hugger form Webike Japan for $175 i didnt really like it and it didn't fit with a 140 tire I think that I have established a pretty decent working relationship with SportIsi in Indonesia I don't want to be the organizer of a group buy but if you are serious about buying one despite the shipping cost I believe that I can facilitate the deal and help you get in touch with them.

Old April 19th, 2015, 02:36 PM   #4
VirtualAndy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devita818 View Post
Hey virtual andy I agree I purchased an ATech rear hugger form Webike Japan for $175 i didnt really like it and it didn't fit with a 140 tire I think that I have established a pretty decent working relationship with SportIsi in Indonesia I don't want to be the organizer of a group buy but if you are serious about buying one despite the shipping cost I believe that I can facilitate the deal and help you get in touch with them.
Damn I hate to hear that about the Atech, I had come across it recently and thought it would be my best alternative but it sounds like it's not a decent product for the cost. I very interested in the sportisi, which model did you manage to order? and any idea on what the shipping may be for just the one hugger?

Old April 19th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #5
Devita818
ninjette.org member

Well lets see its alittle complicated so I will just post his reply to me
Hi,
These are photos of the Sportisi V4 hugger... the one that i told you with stiffer arm cover section.... so u must be really careful when installing it.

You can see that it can be installed properly on the bike... the downside if you’re not that careful, usually cracked on the black paint job on the top section near where the cover sit next to the rear shock....

It won’t be visible after installed...but i don’t know if you’re willing to take that risk.

If not, then i suggest the one cheaper model $70 that i told you about and sent pic also to you.--> avail in black.

Sportisi V4 hugger cost $105. à only available in Green colored hugger

The shipping cost for 2 sets would be $250 to main area of delivery in US.

So let me know which one or which combination you want to have...to finalize the amount plus paypal surcharge fee for you to make paypal arrangement. We will ship within 5 working days after payment cleared.

p/s: if you want extra safety, the box could be put into plywood box for shipping.... +$20 packing cost and shipping will be $280 due to volume increasement.

Usually we ship 1 or 2 sets without this, and mostly without any problems... we will put fragile marking in the box also...at least give more warning to the people handling the shipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAndy View Post
Damn I hate to hear that about the Atech, I had come across it recently and thought it would be my best alternative but it sounds like it's not a decent product for the cost. I very interested in the sportisi, which model did you manage to order? and any idea on what the shipping may be for just the one hugger?

Old April 19th, 2015, 06:13 PM   #6
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Maybe give Scotts tire hugger a look https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46546
Pictures on posts #26 and #32...
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2015, 08:24 PM   #7
Devita818
ninjette.org member

These are the pictures that were sent over a couple of emails I hope that they help to clarify the black one is the one that was sent to me. As far as the other tire hugger I believe the guy making them no longer does, and on top of that I like the look of the SportIsI much better the way that the swing arm is covered makes the bike look alittle beefer.

Or you can try this company in INDO I want to make an order as soon as they get the sprocket in that ive been drooling over (http://www.empiremotoshop.com/produc...0R/?o=termahal )
http://www.empiremotoshop.com/produc...ber-Ninja250FI

As for the Atech don't get me wrong it looked good it had decent lines to it but they just didn't match the curves of the bike and it didn't fit my 140 tire(even after I cut it where it was rubbing)
ninja 2.jpg

ninja 3.jpg

ninja 5.jpg

ninja.jpg

Old April 19th, 2015, 09:29 PM   #8
VirtualAndy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
These are the pictures that were sent over a couple of emails I hope that they help to clarify the black one is the one that was sent to me. As far as the other tire hugger I believe the guy making them no longer does, and on top of that I like the look of the SportIsI much better the way that the swing arm is covered makes the bike look alittle beefer.

Or you can try this company in INDO I want to make an order as soon as they get the sprocket in that ive been drooling over (http://www.empiremotoshop.com/produc...0R/?o=termahal )
http://www.empiremotoshop.com/produc...ber-Ninja250FI

As for the Atech don't get me wrong it looked good it had decent lines to it but they just didn't match the curves of the bike and it didn't fit my 140 tire(even after I cut it where it was rubbing)
Attachment 36097

Attachment 36098

Attachment 36099

Attachment 36100
Sorry little confused, are the first picture and the last picture the same item and pictures two and three are the same item. I'm guessing pictures 1 and 4 are the Sportisi v4 which is what I wanted, only I don't want to have to paint it from green to red. I've seen that other site empiremotorsport but have no idea how to even order. everythings in another language

Old April 19th, 2015, 09:36 PM   #9
VirtualAndy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
Maybe give Scotts tire hugger a look https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46546
Pictures on posts #26 and #32...
It's the swingarm, I don't know why but no buddy bothers do design these things so they cover the wimpy looking swing arm. That is my biggest problem with all the different huggers that aren't like Sportisi's

Old April 19th, 2015, 09:49 PM   #10
Devita818
ninjette.org member

Yeah I think so basically I think they are pretty much the same just alittle different material the one I got is stiff and made pretty well not much to complain about
And the Empire Moto Shop just google search "Empire Moto Shop" and to the right of the URL there is the Translate this page Button just hit it and youll get at least half broken English enough to get around and find an email address
Quote:
It's the swingarm, I don't know why but no buddy bothers do design these things so they cover the wimpy looking swing arm. That is my biggest problem with all the different huggers that aren't like Sportisi's

Old April 20th, 2015, 08:22 PM   #11
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kurgan

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Sportisi really needs a permanent representative in the USA since they make some of the cooler looking parts for the 250.

At least give existing stores a way to order parts directly from the source, none of my local stores can order their stuff at all.
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2015, 08:42 PM   #12
Devita818
ninjette.org member

They do have an American counterpart the webite is SportISI US
Sam Wang admin@sportisimotorsport.us
And he got back to pretty quick with the response about 4 different times over a two year period saying that he no longer carries them because of the price of shipping and not enough people will buy them yada yada blah blah i
I had such a hard time getting ahold of the Indo side that I offered to pay the US side his standard markup fee on top of what ever costs for shipping and product if he would just contact them and get me a tire hugger but no help once again didn't even reply to that if its a tire hugger your looking for don't bother with the USA side
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
Sportisi really needs a permanent representative in the USA since they make some of the cooler looking parts for the 250.

At least give existing stores a way to order parts directly from the source, none of my local stores can order their stuff at all.

Old April 20th, 2015, 11:42 PM   #13
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Name: Butch

There have been several people looking for certain Sportisi products that we can no longer get here through Sam.. I was looking to get the headlight cover and a couple of other pieces, but only the undercover exhaust was carried by Sam, and it was a limited supply to choose from..

What we need is a North American company to pop up that makes these items, or makes something similar.. Either that, or find a way to get items shipped from Indonesia a hell of a lot cheaper..
FBR_BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2015, 08:03 AM   #14
Devita818
ninjette.org member

Well when you do the math the price equals itself out
SportISI Hugger $70 plus $125 shipping $195
Atech Webike Japan $140 plus $40 shipping $180
so you end up paying an extra $15 big deal well worth the money for the look.
just do some research and buy multiple items combine shipping and bring your cost down alittle.
As for other SortISI products in the US we cant even get a tire hugger besides Puig. no manufacturer will make these items not a big enough market to mass produce so there is no real profit in it
Im currently in the process of purchasing shipment from Empire Moto Shop a total of 9 different items and the amount that im saving on the Headlight Assembely alone will pay for the shipping of the other 8 products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBR_BDavis View Post
There have been several people looking for certain Sportisi products that we can no longer get here through Sam.. I was looking to get the headlight cover and a couple of other pieces, but only the undercover exhaust was carried by Sam, and it was a limited supply to choose from..

What we need is a North American company to pop up that makes these items, or makes something similar.. Either that, or find a way to get items shipped from Indonesia a hell of a lot cheaper..

Old April 21st, 2015, 10:43 AM   #15
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Well when you do the math the price equals itself out
SportISI Hugger $70 plus $125 shipping $195
Atech Webike Japan $140 plus $40 shipping $180
so you end up paying an extra $15 big deal well worth the money for the look.
just do some research and buy multiple items combine shipping and bring your cost down alittle.
As for other SortISI products in the US we cant even get a tire hugger besides Puig. no manufacturer will make these items not a big enough market to mass produce so there is no real profit in it
Im currently in the process of purchasing shipment from Empire Moto Shop a total of 9 different items and the amount that im saving on the Headlight Assembely alone will pay for the shipping of the other 8 products.
I disagree that there's not a big enough market, the 250R was Kawasaki's biggest selling sportbike world wide, including in the USA.

The market is there, and the shipping costs for those parts are absolutely ridiculous, you would think they're shipping gold bars or something.

I can understand shipping for individual orders to be high, but if they ran the USA division properly they could order large amounts of parts, fill up a large truck-sized shipping container with them, and drastically reduce the shipping cost to the consumer.

The problem with getting these parts now that the 300 is out is the refusal of bike shops to carry stuff for older bikes. They force you to custom order things, which end up on backorder forever and you never get your parts.

Its also very obvious that Sportisi doesn't send out any kind of catalog to bike shops or bike parts distributors. Trust me, I've asked EVERY bike shop in my area about Sportisi and many of them never heard of the company, but when they saw the pics of the parts and full bodykits they wanted them for their own bikes.

Old April 21st, 2015, 02:58 PM   #16
Devita818
ninjette.org member

We will have to agree to disagree with the market size (although its a good size it doesn't warrant the development and manufacturing costs) In my opinion there is a reason why they produce and carry these in INDO ( biggest buyer of 250r)and not the states and yes the problem with the 300Fi only makes it more difficult
We all agree though that there products look great and we all want them.\
As far as sending out catalogs they don't Produce the products they are a larger type motorcycle shop in INDO that happens to carry these parts. they are only the middle men in the whole deal
Empire moto shop and Graffity moto are the same type of business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
I disagree that there's not a big enough market, the 250R was Kawasaki's biggest selling sportbike world wide, including in the USA.

The market is there, and the shipping costs for those parts are absolutely ridiculous, you would think they're shipping gold bars or something.

I can understand shipping for individual orders to be high, but if they ran the USA division properly they could order large amounts of parts, fill up a large truck-sized shipping container with them, and drastically reduce the shipping cost to the consumer.

The problem with getting these parts now that the 300 is out is the refusal of bike shops to carry stuff for older bikes. They force you to custom order things, which end up on backorder forever and you never get your parts.

Its also very obvious that Sportisi doesn't send out any kind of catalog to bike shops or bike parts distributors. Trust me, I've asked EVERY bike shop in my area about Sportisi and many of them never heard of the company, but when they saw the pics of the parts and full bodykits they wanted them for their own bikes.

Old April 21st, 2015, 03:51 PM   #17
Devita818
ninjette.org member

atech rear hugger cut
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0251.JPG (258.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0252.JPG (259.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0253.JPG (278.7 KB, 1 views)

Old April 21st, 2015, 03:55 PM   #18
VirtualAndy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
atech rear hugger cut
I see, from what I can tell you cut a hole in the middle of tire hugger part, I'm guessing for use with a larger tire size?

Old April 21st, 2015, 04:28 PM   #19
Devita818
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I see, from what I can tell you cut a hole in the middle of tire hugger part, I'm guessing for use with a larger tire size?
Yes cut and instead of fixing the problem it caused the sides to then rub it was a major let down but like I said im willing to sell cheap as long as you pay shipping say $30

Old April 21st, 2015, 04:36 PM   #20
VirtualAndy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Yes cut and instead of fixing the problem it caused the sides to then rub it was a major let down but like I said im willing to sell cheap as long as you pay shipping say $30
Thanks for all the info, I appreciate the great offer but I'm going to pass for now and just forget about my hugger dreams. I've spent some money this month already on a new LED tail light and and I'm planning on having all the black plastic pieces like the sides and front dash housing all painted so I better slow down on the spending.

Old April 21st, 2015, 04:41 PM   #21
Devita818
ninjette.org member

good idea just throwing it out there im interested in the painting of the black plastic you should post some pics when you get it done

Old April 21st, 2015, 04:45 PM   #22
VirtualAndy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
good idea just throwing it out there im interested in the painting of the black plastic you should post some pics when you get it done
Ya it's the one thing thats been bugging me for a long time, the side panels I have wrapped in black vinyl wrap right now so they don't look to bad. But the whole front dash piece has always looked so faded and tired to me. I'm probably going to do everything in a gloss black since my undertail from hotbodies is red and I don't want the bike to turn into just one solid red rocket

Old April 22nd, 2015, 05:56 PM   #23
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree with the market size (although its a good size it doesn't warrant the development and manufacturing costs)
Development and manufacturing costs were already figured in when the parts were made in Indonesia, there wouldn't need to be any additional costs just to ship the parts to the USA in a fully loaded shipping container.