ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old September 1st, 2015, 06:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Jack Miller I want to say sorry to Crutchlow

LCR HONDA'S Jack Miller has apologized to his team-mate Cal Crutchlow after he crashed taking out the Brit at the British Grand Prix on Sunday.

Heavy rain led to a delay to proceedings on Sunday at Silverstone as it was declared a wet race at the very last minute. Miller, on his Open Honda, was determined to make the most of it as a wet race tends to come down to rider skill rather than the machinery.

This proved to be true in the case of the Australian as he found himself battling with the factory riders and for a potential podium position until disaster struck.

Attempting to keep Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Pol Espargaro at bay, Miller went too deep, crashing out of the race, but also taking down his team-mate Cal Crutchlow at the same time at his home race.

The incident has since been investigated by Race Direction and Miller has been given a penalty point as a result. The 20-year-old hasn’t had an easy year after stepping up from the Moto3 World Championship with crashes a plenty.

“I’m happy with the weekend, but of course not happy with the result of the race,” explained Miller after the race.

“I want to say a big sorry to Cal for taking him out, but we were both pushing hard. I didn’t actually mean to overtake him, I was just trying to hold Espargaro off on the brakes and accidently went too deep and touched him. It was an accident, but all in all it was a good weekend as we found some settings with the bike.

“We became more comfortable with it and I’m looking forward to Misano. Misano is a good track for me, I like it a lot. It will be a new surface this year so I look forward to seeing what the grip level is like as last year was quite low, but it should be interesting.”

One thing Miller did demonstrate at the British Grand Prix is that he still has a lot to learn, but luckily the LCR Honda team have still been able to continue improving the setting of their bike and are confident for the next round in Misano.

Related Content

Miller to join LCR Honda in MotoGP
Miller comments on move up to MotoGP
Crutchlow disappointed with CoTA result
Crutchlow: 'I’d like to thank the people that wrote me off'
Crutchlow: 'I'm really rusty from the winter off'

Click here for full story...