ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old July 26th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #1
Obey Reaper
Candy Lime Green

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Here's all the changes I've made to my bike in the last 2 months :)

First thing I changed out was the front and back sprockets.

Went from a 14 tooth to a 15 tooth on the front.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I dropped it down from a 45 to a 42 on the back.

Overall I'm very happy with the difference. It took me a bit to get used to the range of the gears again. (Mainly just having to really rev going from a complete stop) but it's great. My RPMs are lower. Roughly around 7000 rpms at 65 mph. The whole thing is generally a smoother ride.

Had a low side fall on the left side about a month after I got her, resulting in some scrapped up metal (clutch lever and bar ends) and a crack in my plastic.

Damage is pretty hard to notice unless your up close and looking right at it. Still pisses me off but I don't think I'm willing to shell out $250+ for a new piece of plastic just yet... :/

I replaced the bar ends and levers. I went with the black/red finish on the levers after seeing you got the green ones. I think they're a pretty sweet accent to the bike.

Shorty Levers

Bar Ends

I got the green and black hand grips from one of the local bike shops.

It's kind of hard to see the Ninja logo on the bar ends from my picture but they look great in person!

Next was a new tail light with built in sequencing turn signals...I also took this opportunity to grab a Yoshimura Fender Eliminator kit and knock out two things at once.

Tail Light

Fender Eliminator Kit

Also grabbed a Nelson Rigg tailbag so I'm not boned in the event that I go for a drive without my backpack. Was able to hook the straps up directly underneath the passenger seat with a few bolts and locking nuts from the hardware store. That way the ugly straps wouldn't be covering up my nice clean new back end!

Tail Light is bright as hell and flashes whenever you first press on the brakes so people are going to see your ass from a mile away.

Just got my hard plate a few days ago. I was very happy that it fit perfectly into the yoshimura frame. And the kit allowed me to still keep the utility hooks and rear reflectors (I actually like them there lol)

I still need to grab some reflective green rim tape and an LED kit. I figure since I already have a Candy Green bike I'm just gonna go for obnoxiously noticeable haha.

On top of all that I picked up 2 additional things.

A black windshield (it was only like 30 bucks I figured it would be dumb not to)

(Yes I know I order on Amazon a lot. Well I aint payin for prime for nothin!)

Can't really see through it but it looks badass lol. Besides, who actually looks through their windshield anyway?

I guess you might count the tank protector thingy but I mean what the hell. Most bikes seem to come with these on em anyway and it only cost like 20 bucks.

And last but not least is the new seat. Hated the stock one. Always had a sore butt after 30 minutes of riding. Although I'm still in the break-in period, this thing is definitely way more comfortable than the stock seat.

http://www.nicecycle.com/Honda-CBR-2.../0810-1031.htm

And it just looks awesome.

All in all I've probably put like $600-700 into her since I got her like 2 months ago but what the hell...

I'm saving money on loan payments and insurance anyway so **** it lol.

(And sorry for the long ass reply. Just seemed appropriate since we have the same bike and all)

Should probably start own thread...
Obey Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #2
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Are the bar ends the same weight? She looks great I love the seat.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #3
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Nice tailbag. I've been thinking about one recently and will add it to my list to look into. Also looking in the Kawasaki oem one as well.

I like the fender eliminator. Yoshimura is the brand I always buy for my bikes too. My 300 and 6R both have them. Isn't the new license plate light super nice? I'm very impressed with the leds it has.

Great job on your bike so far. Any other plans on the horizon?
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Obey Reaper
Candy Lime Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
Are the bar ends the same weight? She looks great I love the seat.
I would say the bar ends way a good bit less than the heavy stock ones. Not sure exactly by how much.

I did actually consider weighing them just for fun but didn't end up doing it haha.

Old July 26th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #5
Obey Reaper
Candy Lime Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dog View Post
Nice tailbag. I've been thinking about one recently and will add it to my list to look into. Also looking in the Kawasaki oem one as well.

I like the fender eliminator. Yoshimura is the brand I always buy for my bikes too. My 300 and 6R both have them. Isn't the new license plate light super nice? I'm very impressed with the leds it has.

Great job on your bike so far. Any other plans on the horizon?
Well I've been saving the most expensive ones for last...

I still need to replace my ugly stock exhaust and get this thing sounding like an actual bike and not a lawnmower. Was thinking about getting a Yoshimura TRC Carbon Slip on. I've heard good things about them and I think the all carbon finish would go great with the way the rest of the bike looks.

Other than that I just want to replace the stock tires at some point with some slightly larger ones with better grip.

I thought about the possibility of getting my rims powder coated green but I'd be skeptical about the paint job holding up like the factory one. So I'll probably just stick with some nice reflective rim tape.

Not sure what else I would do to it...I know there's all kinds of work I could do to the engine but not sure if it's really worth it...

Maybe I need someone else's 250 to blow mine out of the water for inspiration lol

Old July 26th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #6
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Reaper View Post
Well I've been saving the most expensive ones for last...

I still need to replace my ugly stock exhaust and get this thing sounding like an actual bike and not a lawnmower. Was thinking about getting a Yoshimura TRC Carbon Slip on. I've heard good things about them and I think the all carbon finish would go great with the way the rest of the bike looks.

Other than that I just want to replace the stock tires at some point with some slightly larger ones with better grip.
Cool. I'm getting some Michelin Street radials for my 300 when they are back in stock. I want to get a full Yoshimura exhaust also. They look really nice.

I think tires will be a really big change for the 250/300. Going with radials saves like 3-4 lbs I think.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #7
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

@Obey Reaper

Hey! Nice looking bike!

How hard was it to install the fender eliminator kit? I like it and bookmarked it for future purchase.

I like how you added the links to where you bought stuff, makes it super easy. I'm also a big fan of amazon.

Old July 27th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #8
Obey Reaper
Candy Lime Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
@Obey Reaper

Hey! Nice looking bike!

How hard was it to install the fender eliminator kit? I like it and bookmarked it for future purchase.

I like how you added the links to where you bought stuff, makes it super easy. I'm also a big fan of amazon.
Out of all the changes I've made that one was definitely the biggest pain lol.

You may notice when you actually click the link it shows you an image of a totally different bike and model of fender kit. The image provided is WRONG, even though it's showing a different bike and fender kit it actually is the correct one you need for your 2012 Ninja 250R. I thought I had bought the wrong one (a couple times while actually trying to install it lol). Turns out I was just overlooking a couple things.

But I can tell you now that the instructions are next to useless. Other than 1 or 2 helpful "hints" I had to pretty much figure it all out. Took me probably 2 hours to take everything apart and get it all set up and back together. I also took that time to mess with the housing for the tail light. Idk about your bike but I'm assuming all 250s are just made with a pretty cheap back end because mine was never totally straight. It was slightly crooked and the black plastic around it didn't even line up. It looked ******. When I put my new tail light in I also torqued the plastic a bit and then super glued it in place. Now I can't jiggle my tail light, it's in there much more secure.

And I'll tell you hwat else Bobby, those integrated LED turn signals are definitely brighter and more noticeable than OEM turn signals. I've done multiple side by side comparisons.

P.S. What area are you located? I'm sure we're probably far away but it would be awesome to go riding sometime if that were a possibility haha.

Old July 27th, 2014, 09:01 AM   #9
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Good work... Keep it up

Old July 27th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #10
Obey Reaper
Candy Lime Green

I know this isn't really related but just a helpful tip of advice.

If you ever get around to wanting to change your bar ends or hand grips, those bolts are ****ing locked in there with some heavy duty locktite. I ended up needing a big ass socket wrench for leverage and a Size 3 Philips driver bit. And I actually broke one of my size 3 bits in half just trying to get that sucker to budge. (Luckily I bought a 2 pack from the store that day) And I do highly recommend getting new bar ends if you ever change your hand grips because it is virtually impossible to remove those bolts without totally ****ing the bolt head. And new bar ends will come with Alan slots instead of philips (SOOO much better!) Plus they're stainless steel and not just painted black...Those stock bolts really suck balls...

Old July 27th, 2014, 09:55 AM   #11
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Reaper View Post
Out of all the changes I've made that one was definitely the biggest pain lol.

You may notice when you actually click the link it shows you an image of a totally different bike and model of fender kit. The image provided is WRONG, even though it's showing a different bike and fender kit it actually is the correct one you need for your 2012 Ninja 250R. I thought I had bought the wrong one (a couple times while actually trying to install it lol). Turns out I was just overlooking a couple things.

But I can tell you now that the instructions are next to useless. Other than 1 or 2 helpful "hints" I had to pretty much figure it all out. Took me probably 2 hours to take everything apart and get it all set up and back together. I also took that time to mess with the housing for the tail light. Idk about your bike but I'm assuming all 250s are just made with a pretty cheap back end because mine was never totally straight. It was slightly crooked and the black plastic around it didn't even line up. It looked ******. When I put my new tail light in I also torqued the plastic a bit and then super glued it in place. Now I can't jiggle my tail light, it's in there much more secure.

And I'll tell you hwat else Bobby, those integrated LED turn signals are definitely brighter and more noticeable than OEM turn signals. I've done multiple side by side comparisons.

P.S. What area are you located? I'm sure we're probably far away but it would be awesome to go riding sometime if that were a possibility haha.
I'm located in MA (assuming you are asking me) which is on the other side of America lol.

That stinks about the fender eliminator, if I do go around to buying it, I'll probably bother you with questions lol.

How's the seat? Looks comfortable. My stock seat hurts my butt every time, Some times when I get off my bike my glute muscle is actually slightly pulled and I have to limp... It's so annoying, I am not over weight or anything either, I'm fairly fit, I do squats, etc. But this seat still hurts my butt

Old July 27th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #12
Obey Reaper
Candy Lime Green

Yes that was directed towards you Hero Danny and I'm located in Maryland, not California lol.

So meeting up for a ride isn't completely impossible haha. We'd just have to make a decent road trip out of it.

I would personally say the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit was definitely worth the money. Even if it was a little obnoxious to set up. I compared a lot of different kinds and most of them used ****** adhesive pads to hold them together or looked all wonky. This one looked sleek, allowed me to keep my hooks and small red reflectors, came with an awesome LED strip light for the license plate, and the frame for the plate looks really nice in my opinion as well.

If you do end up buying I'm not opposed to helping you out if you hit a snag. I would have loved to have someone else's insight when installing mine. Luckily my dad was helping me and together we can normally figure out even the most frustrating of problems.

Seat is great. I got it less than a week ago and the memory foam is supposed to "break-in" and become more comfortable over a few hundred miles. It already feels better than stock right now so I'm pretty happy with it. I was also tired of my butt getting sore. It's distracting as all hell...

Do you use boxers or cotton underwear?

One thing I noticed was mine were always riding up and bunching which made it like twice as bad.

If you don't already use, try switching to some Adidas Flexible Performance Underwear.

They made a HUGE difference for me. It's like a $20 pair of underwear but they're really worth it. (I bought mine at Kohls and they were Buy one Get one 1/2 off).

Nothing beats a comfy butt.