ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old November 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I really need to stick with it

I have been on and off of drawing since I was a kid. I am pretty good. Of course any professional can just own me in a contest, but I do enjoy it.

Since my wife has been out of town, I have spent the last several days drawing every night. Just with that routine practice, it seems a lot easier to get in my groove now. Normally I'm hit and miss with my "eye". Yet the more a draw, the easier it is to get a hit that night.

I spent enough money on the house, a repair for my car, for my wife's car and just buying groceries. I have been sticking with hobbies that don't cost much to do. So cycling and art have been my go-to hobbies. I also occasionally log into X-box live to play some Forza 4.

I'd post up a few of my drawings, but yeah, this is a family forum and nudity isn't a good thing for some underage forum members.

Oh, I would post up another drawing jam, but the limited participation last time around kept me from doing another one. If you want me to post up another one (with more options to choose from), just let me know.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #2
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Wazup Apex? Being an artist myself (digital artist) I always find it quite inspiring and beneficial to look and share with other artists. Do you happen to have a deviantART (DA) account? If so, then I would be honored to have the opportunity to take a look at your work. If you don't have a DA account, then I recommend you take a look and possibly create yourself one.

Here is a link to my profile on DA: http://ammocan.deviantart.com/

Old November 8th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Not all drawings on there are good because I stopped caring about details. I just drew and didn't care what the outcome was. As you can see, some of the later additions have became more detailed. None of my drawings are what I would call perfect (proportional/symmetrical) because I'm still trying to find my style...but I'll get there.

WW on the link...
http://03mustang.deviantart.com

Old November 9th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

I forgot, if you are not a member, you can't see anything that is age protected.

Old November 9th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #5
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

I just drew this. Took about 30 minutes to get the rough detail down, and about another 15 to finish it off.

http://03mustang.deviantart.com/#/d4fmvyf

Old November 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #6
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Thanx for the link to your DA account. I enjoyed looking at your work. I definitely can see your flirtation with art itself. Keep up the good work. You have far more patience than I when it comes to the drawing medium. Drawing holds such an important place within all forms of art, but it is something I struggle with all the time regardless of the countless times I have practiced and studied it, which is why I am a digital artist and not a fine art artist.

For me, it is imperative that I get the creative vision in my head out on to a medium perfectly. Using a digital media platform I am able to achieve this a lot more effectively, than if I was to attempt to do so using any other medium. I do find it a bit frustrating, that I am unable to simply sketch something out whether it be an idea, storyboard, etc. without being highly critical of it. However, I have learned to just except who I am and go with works for me, rather than to fight it and try to become something I am not. As helpful as drawing/sketching might be for some artists, for me it is just nothing more than a distraction.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Old November 9th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #7
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Thanks.

I used to get very frustrated. I wanted what I saw to come out like I took a photograph, or used a Xerox machine to copy what I was seeing. The problem with that is I was a perfectionist. It took me years to realize my style of art is no more perfect than any one of us are. People always strive for perfection and human nature just does not allow for that to ever happen. We are all flawed in our own ways. As time has passed, I discovered that all I really needed to work on was proportions. If I could dial those in more, the imperfections just add character to the art and help it evolve into something a bit more.

For me, often my sketches are no better than a newbie to art. I just layout a rough and totally whacked out sketch that a true artist would puke over. The whole point of a sketch is to get the idea out there so you can reference back to it later.

For instance, this is a sketch to me:
http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/img/ba.../gestures.jpeg

While many others feel that what I posted up today is a sketch.

To me a sketch is something that does not take any longer than maybe 5 to 10-min to get the whole idea onto paper. Anything longer than that and it is no longer a sketch, it is a drawing. That is my opinion though, and we all have a different one of those.

Just doodle in your spare time for 5-20 min a day, but have a purpose for it. Focus on maybe eyes, or noses or something like that. As time passes, you will be surprised how you have evolved as an artist. The key is to not get mad at the paper and pencil; but instead just realize that, as with any discipline, it takes time. We didn't all just hop on a motorcycle and instantly knew how to be fluid and what each lever did. We had to train, practice, and after a while it becomes second nature.