ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 23rd, 2014, 03:04 AM   #41
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingels View Post
So would you recommend the 67mm version with a set of (much lighter and higher quality) zx-6r pistons? I would imagine from what you said that would be the best of both worlds. I'd be down for this mod in about a year if it: 1) gets the kinks sorted out or 2) some one sorts the kinks out and re-sells kits.
yes I prefer the 67mm kit as easier to work with
the ZX-6R pistons will need a bit of work on the crown too to fit the 250/300 chamber properly and will have reduced CR compared to this kit but much less to study than the kit's and it is tested, piston pins fit and about 10grams less weight...
glad to give guidelines to anyone when getting down to it

Old September 23rd, 2014, 03:13 AM   #42
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mania View Post
Just saw this as have not been on forums much lately

Well as you said you get what you pay for I guess
For these types of things better to go with a well known name brand.

To tell you the truth Indo is not far from here for postage etc. but I have never bought anything from that country as I was always afraid of fake brands & also doing business with them always seemed hard. One time I wanted a brake caliper they had but they only accepted bank transfers in their currency & at the end of the day it was just not worth the hassle & for a unknown product

I think their plastic parts that some sell on Ebay may be ok but machined parts I would be hesitant....same as the USD forks they were selling at various Indo shops.
Just dont know the quality
I said that their quality is good but when compared to JE, wiseco or other known brands they are inferior, mostly because pistons are cast and not forged and they are not a factory's product...only annoying thing about them is wrong valve relief angles, the rest can be easily worked out, even extra weight...
clearances and straightness has been checked and is as good as any well-known brand's
two issues are what is being left to consider
1. it is not a bolt-on thing, takes a lot of study, knowledge and work to improve and bring to almost-perfect specifications
2. if anyone needs a part (a gasket for example) I don't think there will be after sales support for it unless one purchases a whole kit again
to be totally honest I haven't tried contacting seller asking about that but on my original order I had asked for an extra head gasket and how much more I would have to pay to get it along with the kit and there was no answer whatsoever about that....

Old September 23rd, 2014, 04:14 AM   #43
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
The stock block can be bored to 66mm but leaves the sleeve dangerously thin. .050 thou
67 would not work without sleeving the block.
At 66 mm there is no chamfer to help with installing the rings.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:12 AM   #44
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
The stock block can be bored to 66mm but leaves the sleeve dangerously thin. .050 thou
67 would not work without sleeving the block.
At 66 mm there is no chamfer to help with installing the rings.
Eric have you been watching this thread or what ??
What sleeves are you taking about ?
This is a kit offering a recasted, totally modified close deck ALL ALUMINUM block with alumil coating...

Old September 23rd, 2014, 02:03 PM   #45
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I have been. But thought the conversation was back to boring. I was talking about putting the sleeve in the stock block . Cast Pistons are junk. And the block made of aluminum that is coated wth anything is not anything I want.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 03:58 PM   #46
bruce71198
ninjette.org sage

Name: bruce

Motorcycle(s): Race bikes:08 Ninja 250,11 R6,16 ZX6,SV650.3 HD-1947,2-2003,2010. 1946 Indian and a lot of dirt bikes.2

Are you saying this is a boring conversation?
bruce71198 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #47
corksil

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

I found this conversation quite interesting because the mad scientist in greece seems to very much know what he is talking about.

I found it very interesting because I was considering buying one of these kits. Now I see that perhaps there is much enthusiasm driving the production of these kits, yet perhaps not as much research and development involved.

I don't really find the conversation interesting anymore because I'm no longer interested in getting one of the 300 conversion kits. Not just because of the kit imperfections, but to the changes in engine geometry as well.