ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old November 7th, 2011, 12:42 AM   #1
AlanDog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, 2009 KLX250-SF, 2014 Zero S

Keigwin first day versus 'regular' track days

Keigwin has an intensive 2 day training for novices for $600. Worth the money? Waste of money? Will doing 3-4 'regular' track days as a complete noob give me the same result? http://www.keigwin.com/aboutevents_schools.php

So I guess the comparison would be to doing Pacific Track Time at Thunderhill ($160): http://pacifictracktime.com/ti/ptt/c...first_day.html

How much training/feedback will you get with Pacific track time? It looks like very little... but is the Keigwin thing too intensive for a first timer--would it be better to just get in a few days first, and then see where I am?
AlanDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Dmitriy
voda?

Name: Dmitriy

Motorcycle(s): .... & a Ninja 250 duh

There are always instructors willing to help at most trackdays.

A trackday is what you make of it. Even Keigwins regular days have classroom sessions for C group. 2 day even is just more rigid.

I would recommend going to a regular trackday first and getting help from a different instructor every session (unless you happen to really like one's teaching style) then see if you can work with ones you liked more at future days. Remember bring a notebook and pen to write everything down for future use. Oh and an open mind.
Dmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #3
Jiggyfly
ninjette.org member

Name: Shon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki ninja 250

instructors are just racers with lots of laps, racing.

It depends upon what you want out of it. If you've never done a track day, or raced......I (or any experienced racer!) could give you the instruction you need.
If you're already a 90% guy, but need help with that last 10%, it might be better suited to a group that can follow you with a camera, sit you down, analyze that last 10% you're looking for. Initially, there's so much to learn, I'd just get out there. Read a lot. Take notes, watch other riders, and be a sponge.
Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #4
AlanDog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, 2009 KLX250-SF, 2014 Zero S

Thanks for the info. Yea, all I know is what I read on this forum and from the track day websites, and so it's not really clear for first timers how much is just going out there and riding and figuring it out on your own and how much you get taught. I guess the difference is just the instructor to student ratio...

Watching all the videos gets me psyched to get out there!
AlanDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #5
ratlab
ratlab

Name: reese

Motorcycle(s): gsxr1000,R3x2,RC390,FZ07,XR100

pacific track time is kind of a free for all-keigwins i believe is the better option for a new timer
ratlab is offline   Reply With Quote