Sixringz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #42
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
Now to be a devil's advocate and start a heated debate - is there a point to this question? Like is my dick bigger than yours, are my balls bigger than yours?

Yes. No. No.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 07:39 AM   #43
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Not sure but I know I have maxed it out a few times, Wot open road 6th gear cruising. I never look at my speedo though, engine was screaming though lol.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #44
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Quote:
Now to be a devil's advocate and start a heated debate - is there a point to this question? Like is my dick bigger than yours, are my balls bigger than yours?
Am I so much of a better rider than you 'cause I can go really fast and live to brag about it?
What's the point of riding that fast on a road? Take it to the track if you want to show off. Then you'll only kill or hurt yourself, not someone else, and you are potentiating the squid image which really helps all those on a bike.
I just don't see the point in establishing bragging rights for something like that.
See you in the ER if you make it that far. See the thread on medic opinions above.
I don't think that's what this thread is about. We're not talkin about liter bikes here where there's a "I have the balls to find out how fast it goes" mentality. These bikes won't get out of their own way off the line and the top speed is barely more than some of the local posted speed limits and some of the "flow of traffic" speeds I've been in.

Old May 10th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #45
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

For what it's worth, I've noticed my speedo is almost exctly 10% high, whatever the speed. 100mph indicated = 90mph "true speed, 50 indicated = 45 true, 20 indicated = 18 true. So in essence it's closer to accurate at lower speeds.

Not that it matters, but over the weekend on the way back from the Kentucky Derby with a 40-lb tail bag on board (and 140lb me + full gear) I wound it up to 105mph indicated, wouldn't go any higher, probably from the wind drag.

Old May 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #46
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Am I so much of a better rider than you 'cause I can go really fast and live to brag about it?
What's the point of riding that fast on a road? Take it to the track if you want to show off. Then you'll only kill or hurt yourself, not someone else, and you are potentiating the squid image which really helps all those on a bike.
I just don't see the point in establishing bragging rights for something like that.
See you in the ER if you make it that far. See the thread on medic opinions above.
That’s not the point of this thread. If I wanted it to be I would have stated "How fast have you gone in your life?" I just wanted to know what people were able to top there bike at and see what it’s capable of. Look at it this way... There is a thread on "Post the best pic of you baby" you could take that as oh my bike looks better, meaning my dicks bigger. No one is trying to brag, we like to know things about each other, and it’s intriguing to see what people have done to their bike, or to see what’s it’s capable of: thumbup:
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #47
aldenso
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): Red 2010 250r

Lol!!! I also never saw this as anything but sharing how fast we have gotten our bikes to. I never saw this as a competition. Just sharing info.
And I know you don't either cuz you're playing the devils advocate.
aldenso is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #48
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
You must know me!

Old May 10th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #49
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #50
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

Just thought I'd stir up a little discussion, and I did.
And yes, I go fast too, just not looking to top out the bike to see how fast the engine will scream. I don't see the point to that, but you can if you want to.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #51
MrBrownTX
ninjette.org member

Name: Brown

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja EX250

It's probably a useful thread for people considering buying a 250 ninja. People want to know what the possible top speed is whether they plan on ever trying to hit it or not. I definitely google that on every bike I have considered buying. Not because I want to be crazy but I want to get a good idea of what a bike is capable of.

This thread might snag some traffic from google, I don't know how that works...
MrBrownTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #52
Azhyen
ninjette.org Pirate

Name: Seph

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Per the speedo, 90-95mph. I live in San Diego, and people here drive an easy 70-80mph when there's no traffic...

Old May 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #53
scotty

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

I've been to 90MPH before on mine. Seemed like it still have some more room to go. Thats pretty fast considering I did it on the high way, I was passing cars fairly quickly.

Old May 10th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #54
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Part of the reason I do what I do is so you don't have to. I have made or done everything to go fast . But I do it on the track. I don't want people giting killed. It takes a long time to get up to the top speed. You put your self at a greater risk the longer you spend at full throttle. Just be careful out there and try to keep it on the track
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #55
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Going fast in a straight line isn't much fun IMO. There are plenty of other machine that are better suited for straight line speed than a Ninja 250.

I much rather see a supersport rider's face when he rolls up behind me after I pass him in the twisties on my Ninja and tell him: yeah, it's a 250... wanna race?

I'd keep it on the track if I still have a job.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #56
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Going fast in a straight line isn't much fun IMO. There are plenty of other machine that are better suited for straight line speed than a Ninja 250.

I much rather see a supersport rider's face when he rolls up behind me after I pass him in the twisties on my Ninja and tell him: yeah, it's a 250... wanna race?

I'd keep it on the track if I still have a job.
What is a supersport? Do you really pass them in the twisties?

Old May 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #57
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
What is a supersport? Do you really pass them in the twisties?
When it's twisty enough.. hp means little when you can't ride the damn thing.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #58
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
about 550mph!

in the 747 that delivered it...

Old May 11th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #59
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

On my way back from Glendale, I was going downhill on the freeway. Without realizing, I hit around 110mph and the RPM was at the redline. Oops. On flat, the bike tops out around 95mph.
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #60
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Been at 110 indicated and accelerating a few times before realizing and backing off. 15:41 sprockets, both flat and downhill conditions.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #61
Rebel M9tn11
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja 250, 08 Ninja Zx6r

112 indicated happens pretty often.. Thats my brick wall..

On the same highway the needle once read around 116-117 and I was hitting the rev limiter.. Tail wind of possible 5mph steady. That was also an attempt at hitting top speed and I was running open headers, 114 jets, open carbs and about 2 miles of 'beyond redline' running to get from 13k to limiter..

So I have no idea how fast it actually was, but w/e it was was the fastest the stock gearing was going to let it be..
Rebel M9tn11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #62
Doerrman
ninjette.org newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

I've hit 110 on the freeway and still had headroom on the RPMs. Just not enough open road to let it loose.
Also, I've noticed that if I add some weight to the rear of the bike, but don't wear my jacket, I can hit the same 110 at less RPMs. Drag and traction seem to make quite a difference.
Oh, and a side note to those who mentioned the 250 to some of the bigger bikes: whenever I pull up to some R6 or GSXR(whatever the size), they always ask if I'm riding a 500. It makes me smile when I reply 250 and they widen their eyes in amazement. I even let a friend ride the other day and he couldn't believe it was only a 250. These Ninjas have more spunk than we credit them for!
Doerrman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #63
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doerrman View Post
I've hit 110 on the freeway and still had headroom on the RPMs. Just not enough open road to let it loose.
Also, I've noticed that if I add some weight to the rear of the bike, but don't wear my jacket, I can hit the same 110 at less RPMs. Drag and traction seem to make quite a difference.
Oh, and a side note to those who mentioned the 250 to some of the bigger bikes: whenever I pull up to some R6 or GSXR(whatever the size), they always ask if I'm riding a 500. It makes me smile when I reply 250 and they widen their eyes in amazement. I even let a friend ride the other day and he couldn't believe it was only a 250. These Ninjas have more spunk than we credit them for!
The RPMs in a particular gear are lock-step synced with tire rotation. Unless your tire is spinning in lubricant or something, additional weight would only affect rear tire traction during acceleration ever-so-slightly (imperceptably). The variance you are seeing is almost certainly due to a heat-sensitive CDI.

Last futzed with by CZroe; May 21st, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #64
Doerrman
ninjette.org newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
The RPMs in a particular gear or lock-step synced with tire rotation. Unless your tire is spinning in lubricant or something, additional weight would only affect rear tire traction during acceleration ever-so-slightly (imperceptably). The variance you are seeing is almost certainly due to a heat-sensitive CDI.
Very possible. I was just noticing that the increased weight affected the RPMs and speed.
And now that I have new tires, slightly larger than the stock ones, I get even more out of less. Haven't pushed the bike yet though.

You can't learn less.
Doerrman is offline   Reply With Quote