Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Cargo Space

Old October 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #41
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250rr View Post
You may be having a moment, but I wasn't clear.

It could all be in my mind, but it seems that cager-maniacs are ever so slightly less likely to tailgate me when I have flowers on my pack. Maybe because they think I'm a girl, maybe because if they realize I'm a guy I must be ok 'cause obviously some sweet and/or hot chick gave me flowers.

Now,I admit this could all be in my head. Or, maybe I secretly like flowers on my pack and I use the anti-cager ruse as my cover. In which case, you will never know! Yay flowers!
Heehee, love the explanation either way. I'm a horticulturist so I have a bias :-)

I find if I tuck in my hair, I don't get tailgated as much as if I leave my hair out. I was under the impression that some rednecks are just freaked out when it's a "girl on a bike!!!" and that was why they have to crawl up my tail pipes.

Maybe the rednecks think you prefer gentlemen and homophobs think they can catch the "gay-bug" so they give you space?. LOL!
My very manly friend wears a pink helmet at the track because it distracts the other riders.

I like the idea that some hottie gave them to you. Perhaps it will make more men buy bikes.
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #42
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
Heehee, love the explanation either way. I'm a horticulturist so I have a bias :-)

I find if I tuck in my hair, I don't get tailgated as much as if I leave my hair out. I was under the impression that some rednecks are just freaked out when it's a "girl on a bike!!!" and that was why they have to crawl up my tail pipes.

Maybe the rednecks think you prefer gentlemen and homophobs think they can catch the "gay-bug" so they give you space?. LOL!
My very manly friend wears a pink helmet at the track because it distracts the other riders.

I like the idea that some hottie gave them to you. Perhaps it will make more men buy bikes.
I actually like the idea that a hottie gave them to me as well. Only, they're plastic. So if it was a hottie, it was a cheap azz hottie. Wait. That's my favorite kind!
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #43
250rr

Also interesting about your hair. Sorta counter-intuitive as well.

Old October 10th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #44
chef
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 1965 Honda S90 , 2010 Ninja 250,2012 Vespa LX 150(Yes,a vespa!)

I keep anything i dont want my wife to find in my pack
A pair of sweaty gloves in there also so no chance she will ever open it.
Currently using 10 year old STM laptop bag,fantastic quality,Rivet tank bag & thinking of ordering a Kreiga pack soon.
chef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #45
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jo

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:

You know, about the hair thing, I was just talking to my husband about this a couple weeks ago. He mentioned that when we are out riding together, he noticed the cars will part like the red sea and move out of my way, or kind of move over away from the lane I'm in to give me more space (as if I'm so big.) It came up in conversation because I asked him if he can tell I'm a girl rider or if I just look like a little boy. I usually wear my hair down...my hair is kind of long and blows in the wind and gets horrible knots in it but when I take off my helmet actually looks a lot better and less "helmet hair"-like. He said that sometimes they smile...maybe because they see I'm a girl? Maybe because my Hello Kitty backpack is smiling back at them? Who knows.

Old October 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #46
Asspire
Fix It Till Ya Break It

Name: Asspyre

Motorcycle(s): 08 250RRrrrr

Quote:

doesn't matter if you have your hair down, Toronto drivers get extra points for swiping motorcyclists off the road, saw a BMW level up after cutting off a bike, true story.

Updated bag with ideas from others:

Zip ties
Duck tape
Tire plug kit
Heet packs (its cold up here, we even get this white flakes that fall from the sky)
Lemon pledge ( **** works wonders )
Ball bearings ( for tail gaters)
Energy bars/5 hour energy (for those long days)

And still had room left to pick up take-out with. Bags heavy as f@#$, but worth it.
Asspire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #47
rjones91
Pro Newbie

Name: Shanii

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Honda CBR 250r......2007 Ninja 250R (sold)

Today....Work shoes, eye glasses (just in case of a freak accident and my contacts rip as they've done before), keys, zip lock bag, pair of shades, brush, meds and tire gauge.
rjones91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #48
burningscooter
clutch

Name: nameless

Motorcycle(s): L1 GSXR600

Alpinestars Range

I dont carry diddly squat in this bag except my phones, a notepad, and an umbrella. Pretty roomy bag for a "motorcycle" bag.
burningscooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #49
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250rr View Post
Also interesting about your hair. Sorta counter-intuitive as well.
I think it may just be that guys here just want to get a close up when they realize it's a girl on a bike, 'cos all girls on bikes are hot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
You know, about the hair thing, I was just talking to my husband about this a couple weeks ago. He mentioned that when we are out riding together, he noticed the cars will part like the red sea and move out of my way, or kind of move over away from the lane I'm in to give me more space (as if I'm so big.) It came up in conversation because I asked him if he can tell I'm a girl rider or if I just look like a little boy. I usually wear my hair down...my hair is kind of long and blows in the wind and gets horrible knots in it but when I take off my helmet actually looks a lot better and less "helmet hair"-like. He said that sometimes they smile...maybe because they see I'm a girl? Maybe because my Hello Kitty backpack is smiling back at them? Who knows.
Haha, I've heard that before. Make the wife go first so traffic is less. I'm pretty sure you can tell that you're female since I thought I looked like a fat black snowman with my gear on and a few people piped up an assured me that I still look very female (thank you Mrs. Hips). Maybe we just ride in a more feminine position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asspire View Post
doesn't matter if you have your hair down, Toronto drivers get extra points for swiping motorcyclists off the road, saw a BMW level up after cutting off a bike, true story.

Updated bag with ideas from others:

Zip ties
Duck tape
Tire plug kit
Heet packs (its cold up here, we even get this white flakes that fall from the sky)
Lemon pledge ( **** works wonders )
Ball bearings ( for tail gaters)
Energy bars/5 hour energy (for those long days)

And still had room left to pick up take-out with. Bags heavy as f@#$, but worth it.
I'd rather ride in India than Toronto! But there was so fantastic giant signs over the 401 warning people to make space for motorcycles...wow. That was really cool to see.
Zip ties..god's gift to creative minded people.
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #50
250rr

Quote:
I think it may just be that guys here just want to get a close up when they realize it's a girl on a bike, 'cos all girls on bikes are hot..
Girls on bikes are hot. Proven fact of science.

Old October 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #51
jmisto
ninjette.org member

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:

I agree. If I'll be driving in heavy traffic in town, I tuck my hair into my jacket. Drivers will nearly come over into my lane, tailgate, and ride side-by-side to me if my hair is flying in the wind.

I stopped using my pink backpack and use a green one for this reason too. I just use a little drawstring backpack most of the time. If I do any long rides, my husband and all of my friends have plenty of storage space on their bikes.

Although, sometimes people are more courteous that I'm a girl. They'll let me go first at a 4-way or they'll let me over if I put my blinker on.
jmisto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:44 PM   #52
CheapFuneral
ninjette.org member

Name: Rex

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

MM back pack not water proof :/ but its got mesh on the back part which is cool in fl heat.
Mostly I keep school stuff a lap top a camera my ear buds a gerber knife a multi tool I have a flash light on my phone so no need for the extra weight. I also carry a sigp250 but I keep it on my hip or ankle to hard to get to in the pack.
CheapFuneral is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:46 PM   #53
CheapFuneral
ninjette.org member

Name: Rex

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Forgot the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (22.3 KB, 196 views)
CheapFuneral is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:13 AM   #54
ChrisMKV
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250, 2015 F800R

I have my old and faithful Deuter GoGo which has accompanied me trough the ages... thing must have 10 years and is still holding together

I only use a pack when commuting, so it generally contains my Laptop and the Work Clothes (Hard to wear a Business Suit under the Leathers!).

I'm gonna invest in a tailback someday too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pack.JPG (19.2 KB, 1 views)
ChrisMKV is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:29 AM   #55
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Here's my backpack. Yes, it is huge and repurposed. Unless it is really full, I don't notice it if I clip the shoulder straps together at the chest. I don't really use it unless I know I need to truck something anyway. It fits an insane amount of stuff.

Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #56
Roca
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ex250f

Medium alice pack. Mainly a get home bag with a tool kit.
Roca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM   #57
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

Ogio Bandit 17
work stuff is in it right now

Old November 1st, 2013, 02:31 PM   #58
chugs
Schönen Tag noch

Name: c

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250 race bike, 02 gixxer 600 telefonica

Marmot gunnison fits all my books and laptop. The straps on the side keep it nice and tight to prevent movement.

chugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #59
mahalostunt
ninjette.org member

Name: Martin

Motorcycle(s): 09' 250

Ogioo
mahalostunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #60
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Army issue
UNC TarHeels

Depends on the day as to what's in it!

Old December 13th, 2013, 03:17 AM   #61
hpav13
ninjette.org member

Name: Heather

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r

A backpack hurts my shoulders so I have a waterproof dive bag that I use. I also have a cargo net on the passenger seat. I throw in my phone, purse, iPad mini, makeup, occasional workout clothes, my karate gi , bottle openers (i am a bartender by night), some paperwork for my day job (nurse). I will put other random stuff as needed. I like the waterproof bag because here on guam you never know when it will shower on ya
hpav13 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #62
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
I love that you're working both the supply and demand side of the business.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #63
hpav13
ninjette.org member

Name: Heather

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I love that you're working both the supply and demand side of the business.

hpav13 is offline   Reply With Quote