Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old November 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #1
emoyer
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Honda VFR800

SE PA: possible manayunk/vf/lansdale loop

hello philly area ninjetters --

i am hoping to ride tomorrow (11 nov) afternoon, and am thinking of doing a loop from my home near doylestown down to manayunk then out 23 to valley forge park & back to lansdale on 363.

is there anyone interested in such a thing? or in riding along for whatever part works for you?

i would probably be heading out around 1pm or maybe a little earlier.

--eric
emoyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #2
LT505
ninjette.org member

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

I am a new rider from the area, I might be up for something like this in the summer after I take the MSF course and become a more confident rider.

Cool to see some other people on this site in the area!
LT505 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #3
emoyer
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT505 View Post
I am a new rider from the area, I might be up for something like this in the summer after I take the MSF course and become a more confident rider.

Cool to see some other people on this site in the area!
bob -- where are you at and how much have you ridden? i would be happy to do a less ambitious ride with you, or even just work on things in a parking lot or something, if you would like that. the only thing is, i googled the zip code in your profile and it looks like center city, and i dont wanna ride there myself, so we would have to meet somewhere less busy.

would you be comfortable getting to manayunk? or bala cynwyd? we could stick to quieter roads & take it slow. if not tomorrow then maybe some other time. let me know. but yeah you should definitely take the msf asap.

--eric

Old November 10th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #4
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

If only I had a bike haha though that would be a bit of a far ride just to get there I suppose. Would definitely be willing to do a ride in the future once I'm not bikeless though. What's some extra travel time to make new riding friends right? lol

Old November 10th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #5
LT505
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoyer View Post
bob -- where are you at and how much have you ridden? i would be happy to do a less ambitious ride with you, or even just work on things in a parking lot or something, if you would like that. the only thing is, i googled the zip code in your profile and it looks like center city, and i dont wanna ride there myself, so we would have to meet somewhere less busy.

would you be comfortable getting to manayunk? or bala cynwyd? we could stick to quieter roads & take it slow. if not tomorrow then maybe some other time. let me know. but yeah you should definitely take the msf asap.

--eric
Yeah they stopped the MSF course until March now so I have to wait until then.

Thats not my real zip in my profile, not sure why I did that honestly lol. I live about 15 minutes away from valley forge.

Old November 11th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #6
emoyer
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT505 View Post
I live about 15 minutes away from valley forge.
i dont know much about valley forge proper but i usually come out 363 & pawlings rd to get to the park. i will check this thread around 11:00 today so let me know if you want to set something up. if not thats totally ok too.

Old November 11th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #7
Rudiger
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r(Sold) 2012 Ninja 1000 ABS

I'm over in Lancaster PA. It'd be cool to ride with some 250's. My roommate has a 1000rr and isn't very fun trying to play catch-up riding with him. We should defiantly ride this summer. I need more highway experience; i have just been riding around the Lancaster-manheim area since i got my bike in July. I have seen a few 2012's in the area up dont think they are on the forum.
@himynameisjoe Where is Lancaster are you at? I am out towards Penn Manor, right outside of Millersville.
Rudiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #8
LT505
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoyer View Post
i dont know much about valley forge proper but i usually come out 363 & pawlings rd to get to the park. i will check this thread around 11:00 today so let me know if you want to set something up. if not thats totally ok too.
I still dont feel comfortable enough to even get it there but this summer after I take the MSF course I will be interested in meeting up with some of you guys for sure!

Old November 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #9
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
I'm over in Lancaster PA. It'd be cool to ride with some 250's. My roommate has a 1000rr and isn't very fun trying to play catch-up riding with him. We should defiantly ride this summer. I need more highway experience; i have just been riding around the Lancaster-manheim area since i got my bike in July. I have seen a few 2012's in the area up dont think they are on the forum.
@himynameisjoe Where is Lancaster are you at? I am out towards Penn Manor, right outside of Millersville.
Yeah that would definitely be awesome! I'm Marietta, but I spend most of my time in Mt Joy at my other's house. So pretty close to you! @Rudiger

Old November 11th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #10
Rudiger
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r(Sold) 2012 Ninja 1000 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisjoe View Post
Yeah that would definitely be awesome! I'm Marietta, but I spend most of my time in Mt Joy at my other's house. So pretty close to you! @Rudiger
Cool. I got out and rode some more today. I defiantly wanna meet up with some people in the area next summer.
Rudiger is offline   Reply With Quote