ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 25th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #1
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninjette

What to do about rear blinkers?

This isn't my bike.. But it's missing the rear fender just like mine:

No rear fender, no rear blinkers, no license plate mount. There's nothing below the seat or above the rear tire.

I've researched and think I may relocate the blinkers into the empty sockets, only because the local law cares 0% about the nitty gritty. However, I have no idea how to mount the license plate. I've read threads where guys chop the rear fender, but maintain the license plate/light mount.

Is there a common product or bracket that's commercially available, or am I left with A. invention or B. buying the stock rear fender?

Roark

Old August 25th, 2014, 10:14 AM   #2
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelGuy View Post
Just hack off your fender, make a license plate bracket by bending a piece of scrap metal, put your turn signals into the pods. Lots of threads on how to do it all and the result will be better and no more difficult than an expensive kit.

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43177

I think it's worth experimenting with to figure out how to make a license plate bracket yourself. I mean, it looks way sexier without the rear fender. Plus if you've already got some tools (or maybe even a friend with some), it costs you basically nothing.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote