ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old August 21st, 2017, 02:35 AM   #1
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Near Fatal Accident (no bikes)

I am pretty sure that most of us had our quite fair share on the road with or without our bikes. But have you been involved in an accident, which you were nearly fatally injured?

You were saved not due to your skill (e.g : such as jumping out of a moving car before colliding), but some dumb luck; or you were fated to still walk out of the wreckage with minor cuts or bruise.

Do share. Sometimes these kinds of accidents happen due to our negligence or by others' stupidity. Maybe and just maybe, we were lucky but others might not. At least we have shared on what not to do while we were on the road.

MY EXPERIENCE

I was fourteen years old and was heading back from school. It was a Saturday afternoon and I have just finished my curricular activities. I thought of getting off the bus further from the usual spot I would normally take, since I am also looking for a favourite Hong Kong translated comic book called "Juara Wira" which was published on Saturdays, once a week.

So there I was, walking for about 5 blocks from the bus station, taking a stop on each stores looking the comic book, as it was just recently published, so it was quite hard to find one shop that sells.

At the end of the building, right opposite of the bus station there is a traffic light junction which was red at that time. On my right, there was a twelve wheeled truck waiting for the lights to go green.

I did not really know what was I thinking since I thought that when the light turns green, if I walk beside the truck, should there is any vehicle to run over the lights from my right, it will hit the truck first, therefore I would be saved.

Little did I know that the truck was not going straight. It was turning left. As the light turned green, I walked CASUALLY and I do not give a d*mn of anything from my right and I was having my sight fixed to my left, as I was trying to be aware of the traffic from that side.

Suddenly I felt my head was struck by something, there was an instant pain, like somebody had hit your head so hard with a shovel or something. I felt goosebumps everywhere, I could see the truck's window while unable to move and I could not remember anything!

I felt something cold on my face and I opened up my eyes. I saw these people were crowding me and talking to each other. There is this stinging pain on the right side of my face, hot burning sensation and I felt dizzy instantly. I tried to get up but of the guys which was holding me told me not to. They asked me to sit up and starting asking me weird questions like "Where do I live?" and "How are you going back?" not to forget, "what's your home phone number?"

Puzzled I asked them what was up with all the questions (as I still could not recalled what happened to me) and they said that the truck's left side hit me as I was crossing the road.

I was lucky according to them as when the truck turns, the cargo pivoted when turning and I was right on a path cleared of those big wheels! I was still confused and the crowd was getting louder with people talking as I do not know what they were saying.

One of the crowd who assisted me offered to send me back with a taxi. I refused and still insisted on taking the bus. The reason why I am doing this was because I do not want my parents to know what had happened to me, since I do not them to worry about my conditions.

When I got back home, my house was filled with neighbours as if someone had died in my house. When they saw me, they quickly surrounded me and asked me questions upon questions upon questions up the point where I did not know which one to answer.

My mother quickly covered me with a blanket, apologized to our neighbours and took me to my room where she started asking me if I was okay. Baffled with the situation I asked my mom how did she know about the accident? According to her when I was under the truck, one of my neighbour was driving by and saw everything.

I was fated to be alive. Or some might call it, dumb luck.

Old August 21st, 2017, 10:24 AM   #2
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Glad you're ok!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote