ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 26th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #1
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Name: Chaos

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ZX-6r, 2010 250r (RIP)

Starting to miss my 250 :(

Man...I'm really starting to miss my ninjette. I had some good times on it and wish I asked the insurance company how much they wanted for it totaled... I've been looking at other 250s thinking about making a nice little street fighter. And teaching my fiance how to ride.

Don't get me wrong, I love riding my zx6r but I'd just like to have something to cruise around town in and still have fun (not a fan of staying in 1st or 2nd gear the whole time). Maybe someday when my bills are paid off I'll go out and buy myself an older 250 and make it a street fighter/touring bike. That's my goal.

::sigh:: lol...just felt the need to share!
ChaosFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #2
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

Thanks for sharing!
I enjoyed the read.
oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 07:39 AM   #3
JLinde1339
Fighterer in Training

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250R

Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking about what I want to do when I'm ready to "move on" past my "starter bike". And I'm really torn between my want for more power and the nimbleness and straight up fun of riding the 250. Seems to me like I'd be feeling like you do. You've almost made up my mind for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
JLinde1339 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #4
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLinde1339 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking about what I want to do when I'm ready to "move on" past my "starter bike". And I'm really torn between my want for more power and the nimbleness and straight up fun of riding the 250. Seems to me like I'd be feeling like you do. You've almost made up my mind for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
lol...honestly my zx6r is as flickable as the 250, and it doesn't weigh that much more either. I'd take my zx6 on the track/twisties any day (with the exception of a lazy day where I dnt wanna go fast)...but i just miss cruising around town on my lil 250, using regular to fill er up, and people constantly asking, is tht a 600? lol

Old August 27th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #5
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

You don't need to stay in first and 2nd...

Get your gf to buy a 250 ahahah

Old August 27th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #6
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
You don't need to stay in first and 2nd...

Get your gf to buy a 250 ahahah
lol ur right i dnt NEED (in fact sometimes i dont when im feeling itchy lol) to but at the same time people in this area really cant drive. they blow stop signs left and right and do K-turns without even looking (how my ninjette got totaled) lol

She actually just recovered from her injuries sustained in tht crash, but her knee still bothers her every now and again...and she cant sit on the zx6r for more than 30-40 min at a time. She also just recently was able to start at a new job (her old one fired her cause of the accident).

Old August 27th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #7
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren13 View Post
gah i'm sorry to hear that. especially in this economy, how can they do that to someone? over an INJURY?
Dont even get me started. I almost wanted to take a road trip to her company's corporate office and give them a piece of my mind. They did EVERYTHING they could to not let her get disability or FMLA (family medical leave act). At first they said "if you can't work in the next 5 days don't bother coming back. Once you heal you're more than welcome to come back but you'll have to go through the application process again, but we can't guarantee you position will still be there." So basically they said shes fired but not, so they covered their asses by doing that. Really made my blood boil. She asked if she could return on limited work duty, just working the cash register they said no you have to be able to perform all job duties. I hate that company more than she does and will NEVER EVER buy a single thing from them EVER. In case your wondering its Dollar General. They treat their employees like **** and give them less than 24 hours notice of their work schedules and threaten to fire them if they take more than 2 days off in a row (even though she gave them a 2 week notice about it). That company really is the scum of the earth. I'm willing to bet the money they collect for "charities" doesn't even go there, prolly goes right into a corporate bank account.

Sorry bout the rant dollar general just pisses me off that much.

Old August 27th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #8
oroboros
GDTRFB

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 - sold 2005 EX500R project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFromAbove View Post
In case your wondering its Dollar General. They treat their employees like ****
I hear ya. That is really ****** and I don't blame you for being upset with that kind of treatment. Does not surprise me though, it's business model is Chinese slave labor. Why should they care any more for employees?

Maybe there is another 250 in your future?

Old August 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #9
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Quote:
Man...I'm really starting to miss my ninjette. I had some good times on it and wish I asked the insurance company how much they wanted for it totaled... I've been looking at other 250s thinking about making a nice little street fighter. And teaching my fiance how to ride.

Don't get me wrong, I love riding my zx6r but I'd just like to have something to cruise around town in and still have fun (not a fan of staying in 1st or 2nd gear the whole time). Maybe someday when my bills are paid off I'll go out and buy myself an older 250 and make it a street fighter/touring bike. That's my goal.

::sigh:: lol...just felt the need to share!
guessed you missed my streetfighter offer.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #10
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
guessed you missed my streetfighter offer.
nah it's gotta be done with my own hands...i dnt like buying already completed projects

Old August 27th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #11
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Wow that sucks about your wife's (previous) job. Glad everything is better now though.
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #12
gophurr
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r SE, 2007 Daytona 675

You should have dropped some "chaos from above" on them. Good to hear shes got a new job. People who drive should be required to take a driving course.

I recently picked up a Triumph Daytona 675, with the intention of selling the ninja. But my brother is getting into motorcycles now and will most likely be buying the ninja from me. I am hoping he will let the ninja go in a few years and I'll buy it back from him. As much as I love riding my Daytona, nothing will ever replace my first love.
gophurr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #13
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
lol ur right i dnt NEED (in fact sometimes i dont when im feeling itchy lol) to but at the same time people in this area really cant drive. they blow stop signs left and right and do K-turns without even looking (how my ninjette got totaled) lol

She actually just recovered from her injuries sustained in tht crash, but her knee still bothers her every now and again...and she cant sit on the zx6r for more than 30-40 min at a time. She also just recently was able to start at a new job (her old one fired her cause of the accident).
Yeah very true! People can't drive anywhere, i believe that about 80% of the American population (U.S.A and Canada) well exclude mexico for various reasons; should be sent to Europe for a few months for driver rehabilitation to learn how to drive and I guarantee that vehicle collisions will be reduced by over 50% LOL!

No, but seriously the way people drive makes the roads less fun for everyone.
And hope she gets better, people are assholes these days!
I find the 600's seating position to be funner, also better due to the seat actually being a seat.
But with the knee injury I know it would kill to sit on the zx for a while!

Old August 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #14
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Yeah very true! People can't drive anywhere, i believe that about 80% of the American population (U.S.A and Canada) well exclude mexico for various reasons; should be sent to Europe for a few months for driver rehabilitation to learn how to drive and I guarantee that vehicle collisions will be reduced by over 50% LOL!

No, but seriously the way people drive makes the roads less fun for everyone.
And hope she gets better, people are assholes these days!
I find the 600's seating position to be funner, also better due to the seat actually being a seat.
But with the knee injury I know it would kill to sit on the zx for a while!
yea...**** sucks...i'm starting to dislike this country more and more everyday to be honest...

Old August 28th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #15
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
i believe that about 80% of the American population (U.S.A and Canada) well exclude mexico for various reasons; should be sent to Europe for a few months for driver rehabilitation to learn how to drive and I guarantee that vehicle collisions will be reduced by over 50%

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote