ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old April 21st, 2015, 05:46 AM   #1
chancethomas65
chancethomas

Name: Chance

Motorcycle(s): none yet

so i was looking at some bikes and i found a 2012 250 with 80 miles on the bike. Up front the guy told me it was bought for his girl and she droped it at a light witch holds up when you look at the faring but my consurne is the 80 miles could there be something wrong with this bike?
chancethomas65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2015, 06:03 AM   #2
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
there is always a chance. If you are not comfortable looking over used bikes find someone who knows what to look, listen, feel and smell for... I don't suggest taste.

odds are against it, it has such low miles, but it will still need work after sitting for so long, new fluids, checking nuts and bolts and lots of lube

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2015, 06:05 AM   #3
chancethomas65
chancethomas

the bike runs great from what the guy said hes keept the chain oiled and started it up ever cupple of day but it hasnt been rode in a month or two

Old April 21st, 2015, 06:37 AM   #4
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Off top of my head, aside from new fluids and a good check over, will need the initial break in done. Varying engine idle speeds over the next 500 miles while keeping the RPMs down below 6k (I believe?). This helps set the valves and seats. If you can get it for a good deal, it seems to be a good find. Also, consider the environment it's been stored in over the last couple of years. Rubber in general, tires, seals, covers, etc can degrade when exposed to environment over time. Maybe see if you can have it checked out at a shop prior to purchase.

I personally am always a little lerious of things like this. But that's my nature.

Old April 21st, 2015, 06:51 AM   #5
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancethomas65 View Post
the bike runs great from what the guy said hes keept the chain oiled and started it up ever cupple of day but it hasnt been rode in a month or two
do you believe everything a salesman tells you

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2015, 06:55 AM   #6
chancethomas65
chancethomas

lol no i dont thats why im lerious im going to look at the bike friday i hope if the bank comes through with them money but the bike all in all looks extreamly clean and well taken care of