ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 27th, 2009, 06:44 AM   #1
Techno250
bikeless n00b

Name: Woody

Motorcycle(s): None yet. My dream machine is a BLUE 250R.

May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month in Georgia

From the Newnan Times-Herald

Quote:
ABATE of Georgia, Inc. -- or American Bikers Active Toward Education -- rallied Saturday in Coweta County to protect and promote the rights of bikers while advocating for their safety.

One of their mottos is "look twice -- save a life," and this group will take its message all the way to the state capitol.

Coweta motorcyclist Chuck Dodson helped organize this weekend's rally at the Cook House, 2831 Tommy Lee Cook Road, near Palmetto. Saturday evening, Director of the Governor's Office of Highway Safety Bob Dallas was scheduled to read a proclamation on behalf of the governor declaring May Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month.
Sweet!
Techno250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I wish they wore gear but I guess they aren't that kind of group (against helmet laws).

I'm not sure if GA specifically allows it but many state allow you to proceed with caution through a "smart" red light if it cycles twice without detecting you. After the second failure to detect, it's considered a malfunctioning traffic signal which is treated the same as a signal without power... stop and then proceed with caution. That's the way it is in some states at least... I'm not sure if I checked when I was in Newnan.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote