Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old November 6th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #1
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Name: Paulie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

need help for brothers bike Yamaha 250

hey guys,

I had an old Yamaha 250 Zeal i brought off someone 4 years i know who's 60 and who brought it to get back into riding after a very bad accident he had 20 years ago ( almost lost both legs at the shins and was in hospital for 9 months) and he needed money and got for a steal so anyway after been in the shed for 4 years my brother brought off me and has been doing it up as he recently go his learners. anyway he had to get new rear shocks and he purchased from a bike shop online now the bottom hole it too small for the bolt( not sure what called as brain not working ). cant remove bolt and have machined as attached .. is it safe to remove metal insert and have just the rubber touching the mounting bolt? as looks like rubber will get bent out of shape .. any ideas how to mod this shock to fit, i think it needs to be 15mm in diameter..
paulforaname is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #2
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Holy run-on sentence Batman!

And no, the sleeve in there keeps the rubber from being eaten away by the shock rotating on the bolt, wearing a V into the rubber. They also may have issued the wrong part. Do the part numbers match up?

Possible to have a smaller sleeve manufactured?

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #3
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Name: Paulie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

yeah not sure if part #'s match as dont have those details at hand, he was telling me over the phone last night. when had a few drinks etc under my belt,I thought i'd ask the question without much info. i spoke to him this morning and reason old shock needed to be replaced as the old shock had the sleeve removed ?? he knows an engineering firm and going to see if they can make him one to fit..
paulforaname is offline   Reply With Quote