ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 26th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Joe83420
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010

Crazy cager encounter!!

Last night I'm coming home from work and I'm having fun while endangering my life by swerving around cars and such, all in a controled matter of course but still stupid from my part.

Anyways, everything is dandy untill this cager feels like he needs to burst my bubble. I guess he didin't like the way I was driving and decided to let me know about his disaprooval. He speeds up to my side on the other lane and is making irratic and agitated gestures. I could read his lips saying "Your ****ing insane!" This guy looked like he was on meth or something.

So this guy decides to get right in front of me and brake check me. I'm thinking alright, I can take responsibility for endangering my life but in no way am I going to let anybody else put me in a dangerous situation. So I just brake along and stay behind him. I let the guy get ahead and when he was one mile ahead I decided to proceed back to my usual driving habit.

So I gun it down and about 3 minutes later, this guy is coming back at me and is tailgating me while I'm at 145 km/h. I swear this guy was beaming me so close it was scary. It was actually the first time that I felt my life was in danger on the bike. Now I'm getting pissed, I get back in my lane and slow down as I'm being chased by this moron and I'm thinking how much a 1000cc would have been much appreciated in this situation. I wanted this guy to eat my dust but my little ninja woudn't let me. After having him go back in front of me I then proceeded with a late exit before things got out of hand.

Crazy people I tell ya!
Joe83420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #2
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Road rage is scary. Sometimes erratic driving can augment those stereotypes cagers have against us, so be careful driving like that often.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #3
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250 (sold); 2008 Plasma Blue Ninja 250

I'm sorry but from your other post it does sound like you are sort of bringing these situations upon yourself. People suggested numerous ways to get yourself in check or satisfy this need to be dangerous without doing it on public roads. Driving the way you described that you like to is going to continue to piss off more and more people and yet you wonder why people seem to have a disliking towards people on motorcycles.

Be careful and please read the other thread you posted and try to take some of their suggestions.
drowe531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #4
demp
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2015 V-Star 950 Tourer (Deep Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe531 View Post
I'm sorry but from your other post it does sound like you are sort of bringing these situations upon yourself. People suggested numerous ways to get yourself in check or satisfy this need to be dangerous without doing it on public roads. Driving the way you described that you like to is going to continue to piss off more and more people and yet you wonder why people seem to have a disliking towards people on motorcycles.

Be careful and please read the other thread you posted and try to take some of their suggestions.
I'd argue with this. Riding 2-up with my gf on the back I have the same retards trying to screw with the supersport (250) and do all sorts of dangerous things, even when I've done absolutely nothing to piss them off in any way shape or form.

Sure, his riding habbits may have attracted attention to that particular individual, but we have it happen on a regular basis (when I have a passenger, I try to ride very carefully)

A few weeks ago we had some civic out of the blue start swerving INTO our lane as if trying to hit the bike, he did it a number of times, and it was REALLY starting to make me angry, the cager then took off hammering the gas onto a highway onramp.
demp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #5
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

O i have no doubt that there is people out there that will try to cut you off or do dangerous things to you even when you aren't encouraging it, but read his other thread. He is doing actions that a very dangerous and drawing numerous amounts of attention. He even said in this post that the guy was most likely not happy with what he was doing. We are very vulnerable to cars and as people have said need to drive like we are invisible, not do foolish things to draw attention to ourselves to further anger some cagers.

Old August 27th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #6
demp
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe531 View Post
O i have no doubt that there is people out there that will try to cut you off or do dangerous things to you even when you aren't encouraging it, but read his other thread. He is doing actions that a very dangerous and drawing numerous amounts of attention. He even said in this post that the guy was most likely not happy with what he was doing. We are very vulnerable to cars and as people have said need to drive like we are invisible, not do foolish things to draw attention to ourselves to further anger some cagers.
I didn't mean to be-little his actions, I just have it in for cagers that drive like this. He won't last long riding like that, don't worry, he won't be ruining our image for long. (sounds mean, but it's true)

Old August 27th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #7
demp
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsketch View Post
People like that need the sh*t beat out of them.
I now understand why the bikers in that F&F movie carried Uzis.

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #8
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I would pull over and call the police with the guy's plate number. Just tell them you witnessed a driver driving dangerously (brake checks and tailgating). You suspect the driver could possibly be drunk.

That should get a positive response.

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #9
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I agree with David to a certain point. If you knew your driving was causing someone to get pissed off, why would you continue doing that? You did say that you gave yourself a mile distance from the goon and then you continued to ride in you natural bad habit manner. At the same time, people need to mind their own business and stop thinking that taking the law into their own hands is necessary.

If you had pulled over and called the cops, what would you have said "ya I was riding like an a-hole and some guy in a car made it be known that I was" ?? You both are at fault in this situation.
Blackwidow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #10
MikeCG23
Ride this!

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I had some dude in a little miata convertible cut me off, just the other day, cuz he saw I was cutting in and out of cars, making GOOD time. I had to jump into the middle lane to avoid him side swiping me. He even checked over his shoulder before he switched lanes so I KNOW he saw me. It was like he didn't want me to get the "better lane position". After that I just stayed behind him and proceeded to turn on my brights that sat right in his rear view I wish I had HID
MikeCG23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #11
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

You should've back flipped onto his hood and kung fu'd his face. That's what I woulda done. The ladies would, like, be totally into it.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #12
demp
ninjette.org sage

I've got another I just remembered, last weekend, on the way to my mom's we go south on allen road to get onto the 401 and there's this one right lane that ends some time before the entrance to the highway. I'm behind a suv, with a hyundai coupe behind us, I guess we weren't going quite fast enough for him? He gets in the right lane (by this time he has about 6 feet of lane left), and forces his way infront of us (If I didn't move he'd of hit us). I knew what he was doing, and left enough room, but given the chance I'd of loved to beat the **** out of him, impatient moron.

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #13
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

Ya there are jacka$$es here that like to use the merge lane of on ramps to gun in past 2-3 cars. Its like did you really save that much time by getting ahead 2 cars but being a giant douche bag in the process.

Old August 27th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #14
demp
ninjette.org sage

I wouldn't have a real problem with it, if he had used the lane... by the time he got up next to us he was on the shoulder

Old August 27th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #15
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

I guess I have a problem with it because its a lane not designed to be used to pass (passing on the right) but instead it is used for cars getting on the highway to get up to speed to merge safely.

Old August 27th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #16
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe83420 View Post
Last night I'm coming home from work and I'm having fun while endangering my life by swerving around cars and such, all in a controled matter of course but still stupid from my part.
I didn't see how you were riding so it's hard to comment, but if you ride in a way that attracts attention, you shouldn't be surprised when you get it.

Quote:
I guess he didin't like the way I was driving and decided to let me know about his disaprooval.
Sounds like he was a nosey old body who somehow felt he had to put you in your place. As others have said, the best move is to get away from the crazy cager ASAP and call the cops to report a drunk/stoned driver.

Not to give a lecture, but if you had been riding in a more 'sedate' manner, you probably wouldn't have attracted his attention. I'd recommend leaving the stunting for quiet back roads with no traffic, or better yet, a track.

Old August 27th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #17
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Somewhere on a car board, there's a corresponding thread titled "Crazy Motorcycle Encounter!!"...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #18
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post

Not to give a lecture, but if you had been riding in a more 'sedate' manner, you probably wouldn't have attracted his attention.
This is much to similar to the "she brought the rape upon herself because of the way she was dressed" defense, also known as "blame the victim". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaming_the_victim Regardless of how one person acts, the other person's actions are wholly their own. So, if a driver does something to a rider, such as using their car as a weapon to threaten or harm that rider, that's a crime regardless of how the rider was riding. Another way to look at it: In what way could a rider possibly ride that would justify you using your car to kill or injure them? Many cagers apparently think that there's a legitimate answer to that question, so more of us die every year.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #19
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

I agree with you that the actions the driver took were his choice and his alone, but there are a lot of people out there with serious road rage and hatred towards motorcycles. Doing actions that amplifies this is probably not the best choice to be making and riding in a stupid manner draws unnecessary attention to yourself and can amplify these feelings of resent and hatred. But in the end of the day people are going to do what they want to do, I just hope in this case the OP takes some time to get a clear head and truly think about the way he rides before something serious makes him think about it.

Old August 27th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #20
Blackwidow

I could be totally off here, but i don't blame the driver in this scenerio. He obviously tried to let the rider know that he's being irresponsible. he backed off by letting the rider stay behind a mile...then the rider goes back to his own bad habits and pretty much taunts the driver by continuing what he was doing. its a cat and mouse game here. really stupid!!! obviously the rider doesn't know that in a fight with a bike vrs a car, he'd lose big time...but he continued to fight.

Old August 27th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #21
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Near me is this woman. Whenever I am on my bike behind her in hercar she accelerates to get away from me. When I am in front of her she passes me and to get away from me. I pull into the garage behind her and I ask her why she always blasts down the highway when I am on my bike and she is in my car. She says she gets nervous being near me on my bike and by getting spaced further apart she doesn't worry abuot me as much. My wife, I think I'll keep her.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #22
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

i would've hit my throttle and never looked back but thats on a 600

Old August 27th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #23
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Rose

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
Near me is this woman. Whenever I am on my bike behind her in hercar she accelerates to get away from me. When I am in front of her she passes me and to get away from me. I pull into the garage behind her and I ask her why she always blasts down the highway when I am on my bike and she is in my car. She says she gets nervous being near me on my bike and by getting spaced further apart she doesn't worry abuot me as much. My wife, I think I'll keep her.
I like how she thinks
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #24
backinthesaddleagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvninja View Post
i would've hit my throttle and never looked back but thats on a 600
I know my jeep's speedo is spot on with my GPS. So when I see her on the road I try to get up on the side of her to check the speedo on my CBR. Guess I'll have to search for one of those PD speed things when no cars are around and compare my speedo to that.

Old August 27th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #25
Blackwidow

i think this guy just wants reactions from us, not just the drivers on the street.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53393

Old August 27th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #26
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

I get nuts near me all the time. Its like they see "ninja" on the side and automatically assume I want to pop wheelies and race them.

9-of-10 times its some poser in a ricer at a stoplight. The light turns green, they floor it and all 2 cubic inches of Honda, with that retarded fart muffler roars down the street at 20mph.

I just laugh under my well soundproofed helmet, and ride off as normal.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #27
backinthesaddleagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavison View Post
I get nuts near me all the time. Its like they see "ninja" on the side and automatically assume I want to pop wheelies and race them.

9-of-10 times its some poser in a ricer at a stoplight. The light turns green, they floor it and all 2 cubic inches of Honda, with that retarded fart muffler roars down the street at 20mph.

I just laugh under my well soundproofed helmet, and ride off as normal.
Is it a muffler or a grenade launcher. I cant imagine that any more flow is given with that size muffler than a muffler 1/2 to 3/4 its size due to the engine size.

Old August 27th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #28
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
This is much to similar to the "she brought the rape upon herself because of the way she was dressed" defense, also known as "blame the victim".
WTF?

You have seriously distorted the clear intent of what I wrote.

Old August 27th, 2010, 02:27 PM   #29
Chubbs032
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 250r

start knocking some side mirrors off....if and only if you can get away
Chubbs032 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #30
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
WTF?

You have seriously distorted the clear intent of what I wrote.
You said:

Quote:
...but if you ride in a way that attracts attention, you shouldn't be surprised when you get it.

...but if you had been riding in a more 'sedate' manner, you probably wouldn't have attracted his attention.
I could change a couple of words to say it this way:

"...but if you dress in a way that attracts attention, you shouldn't be surprised when you get it."

"...but if you had been dressed in a more 'sedate' manner, you probably wouldn't have attracted his attention."

Both statements made by you seem to say that to some extent the original rider brought the cager's negative actions on him by the way he was riding. If you intended to say something different, you should have been more clear about it because the meaning that your previous words have is pretty specific. You can see by my analysis above how what you wrote seemed to say what I interpreted it to mean.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #31
killerkay3
=°°=

Name: Imran

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Yamaha R6 / 2008 Green Ninja 250 (Sold)

i dont why, but almost everytime im out on the freeway, people are constantly passing me and then cutting me off, theres no traffic or anything and theres plenty of room. people are just assholes

Old August 27th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #32
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Some ppl think they are bad asses when they "fly past a motorcycle". Dolts.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #33
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
i think this guy just wants reactions from us, not just the drivers on the street.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53393
I agree... I smell a troll.

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #34
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I smell BS

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #35
Joe83420
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010

Well, opinions vary alot from one another. Some people feels like I'm the a-hole, others think it's the cager and there are even some users that need to read my original post thoroughly before laying down their opinions as some of the replies does not make much sense to me. Anyhow, I'm sensing a bit of ambiguity towards some users. Now don't get me wrong I respect every ones opinions even the ones I don't agree with, but If I may ask, what does make me a troll just out of curiosity? I though a troll was someone that came in with off topic posts and is just looking for an emotional response?

I know that controversy doesn't fit right with the mere mortals but I don't recall asking any feedback or laying any bait for one to take on this thread. All I am doing is venting here. I'm a loner and have no riding buddies to accompany and keep me from doing stupid stuff. I though this forum was all about sharing stories and experience. The fact that I'm sharing obscure or different thoughts on here shoudn't label me as a troll. Or should it?

All in all, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one faced with road rage! To all riders. God bless and stay safe!
Joe83420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #36
kkim

my troll comment was based on you making this stuff up to get a reaction.

if you're not a troll and are serious, seek professional help before you end up killing some innocent person with your uncontrollable thrill seeking.

if you want obstacles in your way, try riding a dirt bike... you can crash as much as you want and not hurt anyone else.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #37
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
my troll comment was based on you making this stuff up to get a reaction.

if you're not a troll and are serious, seek professional help before you end up killing some innocent person with your uncontrollable thrill seeking.

if you want obstacles in your way, try riding a dirt bike... you can crash as much as you want and not hurt anyone else.
I still think he's a troll. Maybe just a part-time troll haha.

Anyway, kung fu back-flip FTW
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2010, 06:41 AM   #38
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Joe, you need to find a track. It is more fun, and safer, than a casket.

Old August 28th, 2010, 06:50 AM   #39
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
You can see by my analysis above how what you wrote seemed to say what I interpreted it to mean.
Er, sure...

Old August 28th, 2010, 07:02 AM   #40
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Joe, you need to find a track. It is more fun, and safer, than a casket.
Why does the highway have to be a battlefield? This "I-Thou" thing gets a bit old and hurts everyone. Thrill seeking belongs on the track and has no place on a public road--no exceptions.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote