ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old March 18th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #1
spencerkro
ninjette.org member

Name: United States

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

License Plate Light- legal issues, wiring help

So, I just bought my 250 a couple months ago and tonight noticed that I have no license plate light. The person I bought it from put on a fender eliminator kit and possibly forgot to install the light?? I'm not sure... but anyways, the tailight does light it up quite a bit but I'm guessing you have to have a designated, white, license plate light to be legal? Anyone know the laws on that? Also, I'm looking on ebay at a generic kawasaki license plate lights and was wondering how I would wire these in to my bike. I saw a black wiring "terminal" a few inches away from the tail light that had nothing hooked to it, is this what I wire the light to? The link to the ebay light is below. Also, if you have suggestions on other lights, or an oem one that would work, please let me know. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Licen...#ht_3586wt_939
spencerkro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #2
Kitdog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kit

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 1996 Yahmaha YZ 125... Both in Blue the coolest color

Tail lights are a state by state issue, I know most guys here in New Mexico have their plates WAY tucked under, with no plate lights at all, but I am of the mind why give the police a reason to pull you over, I got some led License plate bolts that light my plate nicely, they were very similar to what you looked up. I have no problem with them at all.

Old March 19th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #3
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

I just picked up a spare fender so I can chop it up for a homeade fender eliminator. I also bought a pair of white LED license plate bolt lights to light the plate up at night.

I would probably suggest LEDs just because they should last longer than incan bulbs. I also plan on connecting them with posi-locks just so I can detach them easily in case i need to remove the plate for some reason.

I would suggest having a plate light just so there's no reason to pull you over, like what Kitdog said.
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #4
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

Another option is an led strip. You can just stick it under the tail section. This is a pic of a gsxr with one on, but it will give you an idea of how it looks.

Old March 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #5
killerkay3
=°°=

Name: Imran

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Yamaha R6 / 2008 Green Ninja 250 (Sold)

of you could get something like this:

http://www.d2moto.com/p-5575-silver-...hts-bolts.aspx

Old March 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #6
spencerkro
ninjette.org member

Name: United States

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Thank you for the suggestions. Any idea of what wires I would need to wire the light(s) into?
spencerkro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #7
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

You should just have to splice them into the stock tail light wiring. I can't remember which ones they are, but if you have everything else hooked up back there, there should only be 2 loose wires.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote