ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old April 22nd, 2024, 04:54 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoGP: Acosta Looking Forward To Home Race At Jerez

EUROPEAN TOUR ON! RED BULL GASGAS TECH3 HEADS TO ICONIC JEREZ CIRCUIT FOR SPANISH GRAND PRIX It is time for the 2024 MotoGP™ World Championship to start its European tour, […]

The post MotoGP: Acosta Looking Forward To Home Race At Jerez appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

EUROPEAN TOUR ON! RED BULL GASGAS TECH3 HEADS TO ICONIC JEREZ CIRCUIT FOR SPANISH GRAND PRIX

It is time for the 2024 MotoGP World Championship to start its European tour, and the first stop of Red Bull GASGAS Tech3 will be nowhere else than at the iconic Circuito de Jerez – Ángel Nieto, which will host the Gran Premio de España, the fourth round of an already thrilling 2024 campaign.

Already making history in the premier class after he became in Austin the youngest ever rider to take back-to-back podiums at 19 years old and 325 days, a big round awaits rookie star Pedro Acosta this week in Jerez as he is set to race for the first time in MotoGP on home soil. One thing is sure, there will be many Spanish fans eager to witness the little wonder do his things on track, after three first rounds more than impressive,as the Shark already counts two podiums on Sunday and a front row start. Pierer Mobility will aim high this weekend, knowing that Brad Binder and Jack Miller were on the podium in both sprint and race in 2023. In addition, the test team including Dani Pedrosa and Pol Espargaro have been working hard since the start of the season in Andalusia, and all this put together will give extra confidence to Pedro Acosta as he heads to a circuit where he finished second last season in Moto2 .

On the other side, Augusto Fernandez will be looking forward to heading back to Europe on layouts he knows much more, starting with Jerez. After a difficult start to his season, the number 37 has tried to change a few things in Austin, changes which he hopes will turn into decent progress in Jerez, a track that he enjoys a lot. Texas was tricky and challenging, but he still managed to bring home points with a fourteenth place on Sunday. In 2023, the Spaniard took the thirteenth place, a result that he will be looking to improve, knowing that the bike performs well in Jerez.

Don’t miss out on another action-packed weekend as MotoGP stops for the first time of the season in Spain. Our full Spanish line up will hit the track on Friday with Free Practice at 10:45 local time (GMT+2), followed in the afternoon by the one hour Practice at 15:00. Very quickly, Super Saturday will be just around the corner with the qualifying sessions at 10:50, shortly after Free Practice 2. Pedro Acosta and Augusto Fernandez will then line up on the grid for the fourth Tissot Sprint of 2024 at 15:00. Finally, big points will be at stake again as the premier class lines up on Sunday for the main race of the Gran Premio de España, at 14:00.

Pedro Acosta

Championship: 4th

“The first race at home arrives and it comes at a very good time. We have just made two podiums in a row and I am looking forward to racing in Jerez. I have no pressure, what I have is the desire to go out on the track in front of what are probably the best fans in the world. Our objectives for this weekend remain the same as always, to enjoy ourselves to the fullest and try to continue with this work dynamic. It is true that Jerez is one of my favorite circuits, and in addition, our test team has trained here a lot so I am sure that the bike will do well. We also know as a fact that the RC16 does well in Jerez looking at 2023 results, and it motivates me even more to go out and give it my all since Friday in the first session. We’ll see what happens, I’ll see you all there!”

Augusto Fernandez

Championship: 16th

“Austin was a difficult weekend, because even though we scored points, we wanted much more, so I am looking forward to a new race week in Jerez. We have in mind that our bike works well on this track, and our test team has been working a lot, with positive results, so it is an extra boost for us. We are back racing in Europe, in front of our Spanish fans, which I am really excited about. Jerez is one of my favorite weekends of the calendar, so let’s try to enjoy and get a bit closer to the top guys.”

Nicolas Goyon

Team Manager

“It is now time for us to start the main European part of the MotoGP World Championship, as we are heading to the famous Circuito de Jerez – Ángel Nieto, for the Gran Premio de España. This Andalusian layout is very well known by all riders, as there is always a lot of testing going on at this track. Pierer Mobility will have high expectations, after we saw Brad Binder and Jack Miller take the podium in both sprint and race last year, so we know that the RC16 is working well there. From the Red Bull GASGAS Tech3 side, Pedro Acosta has been doing an excellent start of the season, with already two podiums and a front row start, and it is now quite clear that he is already riding at a high level in the premier class. Last season in Moto2, he was on the podium, so it is a layout that he enjoys, and we are excited to see what he can do this week on home soil. Augusto Fernandez has initiated some changes in his working method in Austin, and even if the results did not come right away, I am sure that the sun will start to shine in Spain for him. Expectations are high for the Red Bull GASGAS Tech3 squad, and we are excited for a new weekend full of action and excitement.”

The post MotoGP: Acosta Looking Forward To Home Race At Jerez appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.