ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 30th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #1
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

Sturgis Rally

Has anyone gone before or planning on going this year? It looks like a chopper-fest and sportbikes look like they'd be out of place, let alone a 250

Anyone know otherwise? I'm trying to plan it into my trip and time it for either Aerosmith or Hinder/Tesla (Aug5-6) but accommodations are either already booked or heavily over budget - unless I drive an hour back to Rapid City (which I am seriously planning)

More importantly, anyone wanna join me?
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2009, 06:26 AM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I've been to Sturgis and it is a small town that gets thousands of bikers for that week. If you go you better have a place to stay or camp before you get there. It is worth going at least once. Sportbikes are gaining visibility there.

Old May 1st, 2009, 08:44 AM   #3
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

I went to Sturgis about ten years ago. Probably 95% harley. A 250 would definatly be an oddity but you will see crazier things there. Prices for everything in that area get jacked up for this event so be prepared to drop some coin. You will have an awesome time up there though. Wish I could go again
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM   #4
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

lol join me then!

But thanks for the posts. Still not sure if I can/want to afford a day or two there just to be an outsider. Hopefully the general biker community > harley vs. crotch rocket sentiment...
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2009, 09:11 AM   #5
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
With so many "Harley guyz" now riding Jap cruisers the whole sigma has changed. You will have fun. You should at least stop by to see it, if only for a day.