ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #1
JaeL
Bike Thrasher

Name: JaeL

Motorcycle(s): 2008 EX250r

M80 Exhaust

http://www.maicomfg.com/Parts.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzx4_...er_profilepage

Reaction Please

Old August 10th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #2
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

I'm not sure how I feel about the look of it. Doesn't really appeal to me but I do like being able to see the back wheel more.
The sound isn't too bad, youtube vids don't always have accurate audio though.
It says it increases performance, and its cheap,... not bad.

Theres my reaction for FWIW

Old August 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #3
sofo
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

"Has a nice "CRACK" without being to BELLIGERENT!!!"

No other aftermarket exhaust will ever... EVER compare to that.
sofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #4
JaeL
Bike Thrasher

Name: JaeL

Motorcycle(s): 2008 EX250r

I doubt it increases performance. And yes Youtube/handheld audio quality can't be trusted. I just wanna know if anyone thinks this will damage my engine and of course for someone to tell me I will still need to reject.

Old August 10th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #5
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeL View Post
I doubt it increases performance. And yes Youtube/handheld audio quality can't be trusted. I just wanna know if anyone thinks this will damage my engine and of course for someone to tell me I will still need to reject.
I can't help you in that case not enough experience as a rider but as a buyer I can only say "you get what you pay for". Not saying that this is worthless, just saying that I've seen this quote to be proven true many times.

So regardless of what it says on the web page, you probably "get what you pay for". That's about as much help I can offer,... i tried

Old August 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #6
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Partiort mini universal mufflers are $15 and accomplish the same feat only they sound better. I can get video if someone desperately needs it.

Old August 10th, 2009, 09:22 PM   #7
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

Sounds like a weed whacker to me. And as bad as the stocker looks...i think that just horrible. If your not looking to increase performance than to me the only other reason to buy an exhaust is for better looks and sound...which is totally fine. I think for that kinda money I'd paint your muffler flat black(especially with a sexy white bike) and just pull the snorkel for a throatier sound.

Would you have to reject...probably as most people have the feeling that you should anyways haha. And will it cause damage? I know with a N/A motor (assuming you haven't boosted your JaeL haha) you need some back pressure. Now if the stock cats provide enough of that I do not know but that little dinker is taking away any you had with a muffler.

Old August 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #8
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Looks pretty bad in my opinion. Looks like it would lean it out a lot, definitely would need a rejet.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote