ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old November 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #1
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Cager lane sharing

Was posted in another forum but the funny thing was the first 10 posts were flaming at the rider to go faster not the cager.

Link to original page on YouTube.

setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
it was the bikes fault. he saw him coming and didn't move. don't cruise in the fast lane like an idiot. the fast lane is for just that. going fast. just because there is a diamond in it doesn't change that fact. if someone behind you wants to go faster, gtfo.

sure the truck was being an idiot but guess what, all people in cages are idiots. its up to the rider to keep themselves out of danger, not other drivers.

Old November 19th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
The first thing that popped up in this video was an ad saying donate your motorcycle. Google, are you ****ing insane?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #4
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

I say if the its to excesive people need to learn how to slow down.

Old November 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #5
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
IMO the cage driver absolutely shouldn't of done that. He put the rider in serious danger.

It looks like the rider should have been going in and out of the fast lane as needed instead of cruising in it, but that mistake in no way justifies the dangerous manoeuvre that the nut-case in the pick-up truck performed.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #6
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i guess the point i'm trying to make is that yes, the truck was retarded and shouldn't have done that, but its a great example of how stupid car drivers are on a daily basis. based on some of the stupid **** i've seen people do, a pass on the shoulder is mild. the point i was trying to make is that the thing that stands out to me in this video isn't another cager doing something stupid, its a biker not preventing himself from having something stupid done to him. he probably though "oh look at this asshole tailgating me, i'm not going to move so i can teach him a lesson"
it's not a car's job to keep you safe, it's your own job. you can see he saw the truck coming up behind him and didn't get out of the way. he had room. it was the bikes fault that the bike was able to be in danger from a passing truck.

Old November 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #7
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Regardless of laws pertaining to the passing lane, if you're going slower than the person behind you, GTFO of the way.

Old November 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #8
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
@alex.s: I gets ya.

Someone on this forum came up with a fantastic metaphor which kinda relates to this.

Would you give the finger to a guy pointing a machine gun at you? No: it's a deadly weapon, you wouldn't risk it. Would you give the finger to a guy driving a car near you? Your answer should also be no as he too is in control of an equally deadly weapon.

Old November 19th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #9
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

We must not be watching the same video... first of all, he's not in the "fast lane" he's in the carpool lane. Secondly, he is traveling faster than the flow of traffic before the idiot in the truck illegally passes him at speeds obviously above the posted speed limit.

Alex... we are boys... but you are definitely wrong on this one. Just because people feel it's their right to speed doesn't make them right. I'm on the bikers side here... he wasn't doing anything wrong and if the truck would have hit him the truck would have been at fault.
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #10
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

Old November 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #11
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
We must not be watching the same video... first of all, he's not in the "fast lane" he's in the carpool lane. Secondly, he is traveling faster than the flow of traffic before the idiot in the truck illegally passes him at speeds obviously above the posted speed limit.

Alex... we are boys... but you are definitely wrong on this one. Just because people feel it's their right to speed doesn't make them right. I'm on the bikers side here... he wasn't doing anything wrong and if the truck would have hit him the truck would have been at fault.
Better to avoid danger than fight it, especially when it comes to motorcycle vs. car.

Look how little traffic is on his side. Whether it was during HOV hours or not (although it seemed like it was, as the sun was just setting, as well as the traffic going the opposite direction), there's not really enough traffic to treat it as such. After he got overtaken by that truck, he seemed to have 'learned his lesson,' as he let the sedan behind him pass by moving over.

For example, I have no issues against cruising in the left lane, but if someone is coming up on me faster than I'm going, I'll move over. On both 2 AND 4 wheels.

Of course I'm not saying the truck isn't in the wrong either, because that was not only very illegal, but VERY dangerous. Both parties should take a lesson from this incident.

Old November 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #12
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i agree with you 100% the truck should not have done that and was putting everyone in danger by doing such and really does deserves a ticket or worse, but at the same time it's a riders duty to keep themselves out of a situation where that can happen. you can see he saw the truck approaching in his right hand mirror (keeps glancing down at it), and doesn't get out of the way even though he has several opportunities.

i agree with you that we don't have the autobahn, but at the same time, we have plenty of signs that say "slower traffic, keep right". i've spoken to a few sheriffs (my brother... well i guess he isn't technically my brother, but ... well, he's a sheriff) and they always say regardless of it being HOV, it's still the fast lane. its never ok to remain in the fast lane. it's only for passing. if traffic is stopped, you're still passing people. you are supposed to go back to a slower lane once you pass the traffic you're trying to get around. like the signs say, slower traffic keep right.

Old November 19th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #13
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i agree with you that we don't have the autobahn, but at the same time, we have plenty of signs that say "slower traffic, keep right". i've spoken to a few sheriffs (my brother... well i guess he isn't technically my brother, but ... well, he's a sheriff) and they always say regardless of it being HOV, it's still the fast lane. its never ok to remain in the fast lane. it's only for passing. if traffic is stopped, you're still passing people. you are supposed to go back to a slower lane once you pass the traffic you're trying to get around. like the signs say, slower traffic keep right.
It's annoying, because it only takes one slow guy puttering along in the fast lane to hold up miles of traffic. I've been caught behind people doing that when the adjacent slower lanes were completely empty. I've been tempted to undertake them, but resisted.

I'm always thinking about the people behind me in their vehicles. I usually find that I ride slower when filtering (lane splitting) than other riders, so I always pull in when they appear behind me to let them filter by.

Old November 19th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #14
infinitethrill
forever a n00b

Name: Billy

Motorcycle(s): 08 ex250J, 78 GL1000, 01 ex250f, 99 VFR800FI

I had pretty much the same thing happen to me a few months ago. I was cruising at posted 45mph on a two lane road with center divider. I was in the #2 lane, over to the right side of it. I vary my position, usually not in the center because thats where the yucky oil is. Anyway I happened to be on the right side of it, and all of a sudden a car passes me in my own lane. I wasn't looking back at the time, and could of easily drifted towards the left side of the lane. Not cool. Is that even legal? I live in CA, and yes I do lane split, but I don't think their is a law specifying which party initiates the lane split. I know I wouldn't want to be on a bike if cars were passing me all the time in my own lane...
infinitethrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #15
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

This forum is wonderful. I left for a day and here I am seeing an amazingly diverse set of responses. I'm with the general concensus that damn that cager is messed up and wrong but also, as a rider, YOU better be watching YOUR OWN rear. Not only at stops and intersections but while you are riding as well.

Sure if something happened, it'd be the cager's fault, BUT you wouldnt be around to yell at him.

Still though, cagers are crazy!
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #16
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
This forum is wonderful. I left for a day and here I am seeing an amazingly diverse set of responses. I'm with the general concensus that damn that cager is messed up and wrong but also, as a rider, YOU better be watching YOUR OWN rear. Not only at stops and intersections but while you are riding as well.

Sure if something happened, it'd be the cager's fault, BUT you wouldnt be around to yell at him.

Still though, cagers are crazy!
After becoming addicted to lane splitting, if I was in my car and there was a bike in front of me going hella slow, I would probably do the same thing....
AFM #676

Old November 20th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #17
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Okay seriously how many people have you all ran into camping out in the fast lane? Every fing day I end up running up on someone in the fast lane more than once, often times going slower than all the other traffic or even well under the speed limit. People don't GTFO even when they know they should. I would be a so thrilled if people would get their slow a**es out of the fast lane, but they almost never do. Heck sometimes when you try to blow by them to get past they all of sudden decide "oh I'll speed up now." Come on...

And is it me or do people get this complex when they see a bike they must go faster like they are thinking "oh a bike, look at me biker I'm so fast in my car aren't I"

I remember getting stuck behind this couple on some cruisers and for some unknown reason they decided to just chill in the fast lane doing about 60 (sometimes less) in a 65mph. The thought of passing them like in that video never crossed my mind. When I was able to I safely went by them in the right lane along with the rest of traffic, since they were not getting over at all. Another thing there are speed limits you can only speed within reason. In any case whenever I see someone going faster than me I always let them go they can be my scapegoat for the cops haha. Sorry for my rant driving 80 miles a day in heavy traffic really sucks, can't wait for it to be over

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast

Last futzed with by 00NissanNinja; November 20th, 2011 at 08:03 PM.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #18
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Beeping?

I've noticed if I give a soft little bump on the horn people get out of the way sometimes.
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM   #19
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Speed limit still applies to the fast lane... But oh well. Yes he could have moved over, but the left lane is for passing traffic. He could have endangered himself by moving into slower traffic as he could have entered someone's blindspot or merged with someone who wasn't paying attention.

I personally would have moved over, but it seems as though he has every right to be in the lane he's in? Just because because people want to go fast doesn't mean you have to.

I don't know, as someone who used to speed on an every day basis (I mean 25+PSL just about anywhere with a mile long straight) in a vehicle that could hold at least 3 Ninjettes inside it, I understood that I'm already endangering my life and others by speeding, tailgating and close calls is just not worth my while. If you have the room, sure, no reason not to, it's my life at stake. Of course, my perspective has changed not long after a fill cost so much I had to complete two transactions before I topped off from near empty.

I suppose this really boils down to 'driver preference.'
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:56 AM   #20
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
Speed limit still applies to the fast lane... But oh well. Yes he could have moved over, but the left lane is for passing traffic. He could have endangered himself by moving into slower traffic as he could have entered someone's blindspot or merged with someone who wasn't paying attention.

I personally would have moved over, but it seems as though he has every right to be in the lane he's in? Just because because people want to go fast doesn't mean you have to.
I agree

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:56 AM   #21
quiksilver_ben3
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2006 R6, 2009 Ninja 250r se

lol The way I've explained it to my mom. On a three lane road 50mph. Number 1 lane (fast/passing)=Atleast 10 over speed limit. Number 2 lane= 5 over Number 3 lane (slow)=speed limit or slower.

like it or not you have to do that for the most part. In order to survive here in SoCal More so down here in San Diego.
quiksilver_ben3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:15 PM   #22
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilver_ben3 View Post
lol The way I've explained it to my mom. On a three lane road 50mph. Number 1 lane (fast/passing)=Atleast 10 over speed limit. Number 2 lane= 5 over Number 3 lane (slow)=speed limit or slower.

like it or not you have to do that for the most part. In order to survive here in SoCal More so down here in San Diego.
AFM #676

Old November 22nd, 2011, 10:49 PM   #23
Ytse Frobozz
Not dead yet!

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

As someone who lives in the lead, follow, or get out of the way world of Massachusetts driving, after the biker clears the Prius, it is time to **** or get off the pot. The guy in the truck is loco fo' shizzle, and should have passed on the right, where he has a whole lane at his disposal, and probably could have given the biker more time to move to the right, but the biker has so much room to safely get out of the left lane after the Prius. What we don't see here is how long the truck has been behind the bike.

I have been in my cage on the Mass Pike, where the speed limit is 55 inside of the 128 belt, and time and time again I've been behind that guy in the left lane doing 63, thinking that is as fast as anyone needs to go, and will not get out of the way, so whatever, I pull into the middle lane to go by him once it's clear, and he accelerates because not only will he not get out of the left lane, but he actively expends extra effort and goes faster than he wants to, just to keep me (or anyone else for that matter) from passing him. What is the point of that? It's not the Indy 500. You don't lose points if someone goes by you on the highway. For all we know, we are witnessing a similar situation here. Notice that after this guy's wake up call, he then gets out of the left lane to let a car go by.

I am in no way excusing that crazy left shoulder pass, but people who camp out in the left lane are disrupting the flow of traffic and causing traffic to get backed up behind them. If someone is going to speed, it's the police's job to stop them, not yours.

I think I'm done ranting now. But yeah, that pass was crazy.
Ytse Frobozz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM   #24
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Looks like the rider probably either wasn't paying attention or thought he'd teach the truck a lesson and got dealt the consequence. Should the truck have done something so drastic and dangerous? No, but the left lane is for passing and if you see someone come up behind you, get over and let them go. At the end of the video, the rider moves over to let a car pass which is why I say he either wasn't paying attention and didn't see the truck behind him or just didn't care.
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #25
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

The rider is a friend, and a safe very long-distance rider. He will hit 6 digits on that Busa in the not too distant future. He says that the truck was behind him for only a moment, had approached quickly, and wasn't held up for more than a moment until he was considering moving over. From the video - it looks like he could have moved over a bit sooner than he did, as he had then noticed the truck behind. Crazy pass, and as has already been stated here, even more encouragement for us to be fully aware of who is near our motorcycles on the road. Especially if they are approaching erratically from behind.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #26
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Crazy cagers like that should lose there license. BTW, did anyone else notice the truck passenger looked a lot like a blow up doll? Anything to ride in the HOV lane I guess.

Old November 24th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #27
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Bottom line: there's a lot of crazy, "foaming at the mouth" style anger out there.

You're not responsible for his crappy childhood, you didn't break up his first, second or third marriage, you didn't make him drop out of high school/college, you didn't force him to smoke the meth that got flagged on his drug test where he used to work..... etc. But you're definitely in line for the payback.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #28
adamjenkum
ninjette.org member

Name: dweezel

Motorcycle(s): ninja250 68 triumphtiger

I'd probly ride right behind him and use him as a shield n see how big his balls are as he speeds up.
adamjenkum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #29
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

In the riders defense, he was passing cars on his right. I usually stay in the fast lane till I pass all the cars on my right that I want to, then move over. An extra 3 seconds of waiting of the person behind me won't make a difference.
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #30
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

"Slower traffic, move right" does not apply when you are moving faster than traffic to the right unless you cruise for far too long. He didn't.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #31
Darling Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Annette

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 ABS

That truck could have exited the carpool to get around the bike, pass him and get back in without a hitch. The line was not double yellow anymore when the truck decided to pass the bike illegally, the line was white and it was broken which means he could have exited and gotten back in.

I do wonder how slow the bike was going. I know that a lot of people want to go 80+ in the diamond lane, and they'll get pizzed if the person in front of them is holding them up. But what the truck did was dangerous and lame.

Old April 11th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #32
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darling Ninja View Post
That truck could have exited the carpool to get around the bike, pass him and get back in without a hitch. The line was not double yellow anymore when the truck decided to pass the bike illegally, the line was white and it was broken which means he could have exited and gotten back in.

I do wonder how slow the bike was going. I know that a lot of people want to go 80+ in the diamond lane, and they'll get pizzed if the person in front of them is holding them up. But what the truck did was dangerous and lame.
Probably couldn't because there were slower moving cars there, which means that, whatever the speed, the 250 was going "fast enough" and the pass was unwarranted barring a life or death situation. Also, passing on the right is usually illegal.

Old April 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #33
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Probably couldn't because there were slower moving cars there, which means that, whatever the speed, the 250 was going "fast enough" and the pass was unwarranted barring a life or death situation. Also, passing on the right is usually illegal.
Don't look like any 250 I've ever seen.

Oh, and dead threads should be left to rest....

Old April 11th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #34
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Don't look like any 250 I've ever seen.
I knew that. Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Oh, and dead threads should be left to rest....
@Darling Ninja doesn't spend as much time on these forums as we do so she usually has some catching up to do. She has a busy schedule of music videos, magazine promos, etc, and we should be more accommodating!