ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

New gear I am thinking about getting

So I am comming into some money and wanted to upgrade my gear. My priorities are price per preformace. What I mean is I don't worry about re cost provided the extra cost is worth it. After looking around this is what I came up with.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/...Textile-Jacket
I like this one as it has massive functionality with 0 loss in protection I also like the looks of it and with bonded seams looks pretty durable

http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/...f-Textile-Pant

Matching pants, hot,cold,rain looks like they can do
it all like the jacket and it matches the jacket.

Boots either
http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/...i-Fusion-Boots
Or
http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/...s-S-MX-5-Boots not sure yet

I just got new gloves I got A*'s sp2 gauntlets. I got a sweet deal on them at my local cycle gear. The rubber logo was half off so I got them to take 20% off. Damn thing would have come off in normal use and the gloves look better with them off anyway lol.

So what do you think of my shopping trip ?
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:26 AM   #2
yudi250r
ninjette.org member

Name: bambang

Motorcycle(s): Red Ninja 250r 2009

Niceeee.....

Nice gear dude........look fashionable..........
yudi250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

If you're looking into high quality, highly versatile gear, I recommend looking into Scorpion's XDR line. I have their XDR Shock jacket and it is such an amazing jacket. I also recommend the matching 'Awe' pants. Both are made with very thick textile with cordura and leather patches all over the place. The only reason I don't wear my pants is because they no longer fit. If you have a local dealer that sells this stuff, it definitely warrants a look.

Regarding boots: Dianese Torques. Easily the best bang for the buck out there. Protection, low profile looks (particularly the Torque In models when hidden under pants), and they're water resistant.

I've got no experience with S & S so I can't speak to how they compare. Scorpion's stuff has never disappointed me so I'll speak to what I know.

Edit: Oh while I"m in here, I might as well recommend that you get some back protection. Either get a separately wearable back & spine protector, or at least upgrade the back insert armor in your jacket. The Scoprion gear I"ve mentioned above comes with CE approved SAS-Tec armor, but only come with a flimsy piece of foam in the back. I've since upgraded to a Forcfield Tpro insert. Knox, SAS-Tec, Forcefield are all top of the line armour makers.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:40 AM   #4
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
If you're looking into high quality, highly versatile gear, I recommend looking into Scorpion's XDR line. I have their XDR Shock jacket and it is such an amazing jacket. I also recommend the matching 'Awe' pants. Both are made with very thick textile with cordura and leather patches all over the place. The only reason I don't wear my pants is because they no longer fit. If you have a local dealer that sells this stuff, it definitely warrants a look.

Regarding boots: Dianese Torques. Easily the best bang for the buck out there. Protection, low profile looks (particularly the Torque In models when hidden under pants), and they're water resistant.

I've got no experience with S & S so I can't speak to how they compare. Scorpion's stuff has never disappointed me so I'll speak to what I know.

Edit: Oh while I"m in here, I might as well recommend that you get some back protection. Either get a separately wearable back & spine protector, or at least upgrade the back insert armor in your jacket. The
Scoprion gear I"ve mentioned above comes with CE approved SAS-Tec armor, but only come with a flimsy piece of foam in the back. I've since upgraded to a Forcfield Tpro insert. Knox, SAS-Tec, Forcefield are all top of the line armour makers.
Thanks for the suggestions I'll look into them. My only issue I have with scorp gear is they love to plaster them with huge ass logos and since I am not a pro and not getting paid I am not fond of being a billboard lol. Though if the gear is better and worth buying I can deal with that.

I agree about the spine protector and either jacket I get I will get and upgraded ce rated one for it.

Safty first, comfort second looks third is how I look at gear.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:58 AM   #5
Havok
Internet Slut

Oh I just looked up the boots you suggested, good call on them! They are at the top of the boot list now

Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:20 AM   #6
kkim

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9694
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:53 AM   #7
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I saw that thread but didn't post as it is not gear in my closet that I have. Was looking for advice on what people thought about it.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:55 PM   #8
Flashmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Thanks for the suggestions I'll look into them. My only issue I have with scorp gear is they love to plaster them with huge ass logos and since I am not a pro and not getting paid I am not fond of being a billboard lol. Though if the gear is better and worth buying I can deal with that.
LOL I know exactly what you're talking about! Their XDR line is a little more low key, though. I guess they're appealing to the touring demographic, which tends to be the older, more mature rider...so they definitely toned the logos wayyyy the hell down. Here's a pick of their Shock jacket:

Old September 25th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #9
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
LOL I know exactly what you're talking about! Their XDR line is a little more low key, though. I guess they're appealing to the touring demographic, which tends to be the older, more mature rider...so they definitely toned the logos wayyyy the hell down. Here's a pick of their Shock jacket:

That jacket looks way better then most of there gear I'll look into it.

I was going to go with the dainese boots but a local place had a end of year sale today and I was able to pick up the smx-5 a*'s for 175 and I couldn't pass it up. All I can say is what a difference a good pair of boots make! I feel so much more stable on the bike!

Old September 25th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #10
Flashmonkey

^^Congrats! A sale is the best time to get boots. I'm lucky in that the local Dainese dealer in my parts has sales on their gear pretty often. In fact, that's how I ended up with my current pair.

Old September 27th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #11
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
^^Congrats! A sale is the best time to get boots. I'm lucky in that the local Dainese dealer in my parts has sales on their gear pretty often. In fact, that's how I ended up with my current pair.
nice, i cant lie the dainese looked pretty sweet.

Well i ordered the gear, I Went with the Coast is clear jacket and the hell and back pants. cant wait till they get here lol.