ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:39 AM   #1
kkim

What Do You All Do to Support Your Habit?

In the New Members section, we read about people's backgrounds and history, but I was curious as to what you all do for a living?

We seem to have a very diverse group here and wondered maybe if some of us are in fields related to one another and could possibly help other forum members through networking.

So....

I'm the site manager for a radiotelescope on Kauai doing a series of experiments for NASA. I've been at this location, doing this job, since 1977.

The site itself is located within a state park in a pristine native forest reserve at the top of a mountain. Not far off is Mt. Waialeale, the wettest spot on earth with an average annual rainfall of over 450 inches of rain per year.

The road to get to work is a winding mountain road who's route is said to have been laid out by olden day pack mules used to haul supplies up and down the mountain before there were any roads. Needless to say, it winds and switches back on itself... a perfect 13 mile road to flick the 250R on my commute.

I hope you guys/gals won't be shy and will share what it is you do to support your motorcycle riding habit.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:03 AM   #2
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

I'm still in school so my money comes from my summer jobs. I'm currently employed by BAE Systems. I worked there last summer and will again this upcoming summer. The Manassas, VA location makes electronics for space, which mainly consists of computers/chips for satellites that need to be designed and made for the high levels of radiation.

Alot of products for NASA are made there, most notably being the computers that are currently controlling both Mars rovers.
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 05:28 AM   #3
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

military

Army, for 20 yrs. Will be starting my transition leave right after Christmas and will be civilian again in Apr. I am now looking for a job that will allow me to stay in Hawaii for a little while longer, hopefully something with the military. As a sidenote, I have 1 more class and I will have my masters degree. (yeah, I know, shameless plug)

NB
ninjabrewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #4
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabrewer View Post
Army, for 20 yrs. Will be starting my transition leave right after Christmas and will be civilian again in Apr. I am now looking for a job that will allow me to stay in Hawaii for a little while longer, hopefully something with the military. As a sidenote, I have 1 more class and I will have my masters degree. (yeah, I know, shameless plug)

NB
Aloha, Chris. What field are you in with the Army? Also, what is your major in school?

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:51 PM   #5
camaroz1985
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

I graduated from college in 2007 with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a minor in Aerospace Engineering. I am currently employed as a development engineer by Tyco Electronics in their automotive division.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #6
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
I graduated from college in 2007 with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a minor in Aerospace Engineering. I am currently employed as a development engineer by Tyco Electronics in their automotive division.
currently working on what?

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #7
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Well I could tell you but....

Its really not that exciting. We make electrical connectors and terminals
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 11:33 PM   #8
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Aloha, Chris. What field are you in with the Army? Also, what is your major in school?
I am an aircraft electrician, the last 3 years I have been managing a avionics shop, about 17 people. Although, the last year or so since we got back, I haven't done much of anything except act like I am retired. My degrees, an AS in Industrial electronics, from the local tech school back home (Spartanburg, SC) BS in Professional Aeronautics with a minor in Aviation Safety, and my MAS will, as soon as I get the GRP done, will be the same.

I start my transition leave 27 Dec and will be a civilian again on 1 Apr.

NB

Old November 25th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #9
kkim

have you considered checking with the Hawaii Air National Guard? They have a need for full time air techs, but I honestly can't tell you if there are openings right now.

Old November 26th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #10
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Quote:
have you considered checking with the Hawaii Air National Guard? They have a need for full time air techs, but I honestly can't tell you if there are openings right now.
That I have, a friend of ours sister is a recruiter for the HNG, I haven't talked to her yet but that is on my short list of places to try for.

Thanks

NB

Old November 26th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #11
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

I am an old guy (67) Got a BA in 1966 in English Lit. Joined the Army in 1967 to avoid the draft, and went Airborne, Ranger, Medic. Served in Vietnam as a Combat Medic with the 173Rd Airborne Brigade 69-70. Bought into a motorcycle dealership in 71--We had Norton, Benelli, and Jawa/CZ. Also went back to college and got a masters degree in Social Work. Worked for the state as a Psychiatric Social Worker till I retired in 1991. Wife and I bought a sailboat and went cruising till 2004. We lived on the boat full time and logged over 80,000 nautical miles. We cruised the Great Lakes, East Coast, Florida, Bahamas, and the Caribbean. In 2004 I was diagnosed with cancer secondary to Agent Orange exposure. I am currently in remission. We moved ashore and bought a house--added an in-law apartment and bike shop. I got into bicycles after I got the cancer--riding a super light road racer on the back roads of scenic Maine helps clear the mind. I also got heavily into bicycle mechanics. Last June, I decided to get back into motorcycles (we have several members of our bicycle club who also ride sportbikes) Anyway, gives me someone to ride with. My wife is terrified of motorcycles because her first husband bought a bike and then proceeded to pop wheelies with her on the back on her first ride. She should have divorced the jerk right then and there. We still have the boat and sail together when we are not caring for her 86 year old father.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #12
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Allmayer Beck View Post
I am an old guy (67) Got a BA in 1966 in English Lit. Joined the Army in 1967 to avoid the draft, and went Airborne, Ranger, Medic. Served in Vietnam as a Combat Medic with the 173Rd Airborne Brigade 69-70. Bought into a motorcycle dealership in 71--We had Norton, Benelli, and Jawa/CZ. Also went back to college and got a masters degree in Social Work. Worked for the state as a Psychiatric Social Worker till I retired in 1991. Wife and I bought a sailboat and went cruising till 2004. We lived on the boat full time and logged over 80,000 nautical miles. We cruised the Great Lakes, East Coast, Florida, Bahamas, and the Caribbean. In 2004 I was diagnosed with cancer secondary to Agent Orange exposure. I am currently in remission. We moved ashore and bought a house--added an in-law apartment and bike shop. I got into bicycles after I got the cancer--riding a super light road racer on the back roads of scenic Maine helps clear the mind. I also got heavily into bicycle mechanics. Last June, I decided to get back into motorcycles (we have several members of our bicycle club who also ride sportbikes) Anyway, gives me someone to ride with. My wife is terrified of motorcycles because her first husband bought a bike and then proceeded to pop wheelies with her on the back on her first ride. She should have divorced the jerk right then and there. We still have the boat and sail together when we are not caring for her 86 year old father.

Geez, you have done a lot of what I have either done or wanted to. In my younger years I rode road bikes alot, even raced a little and I used to work in a bike shop. I had knee surgery my sr yr of HS and lost interest in racing, but I still rode a lot till I enlisted in the Army at 22. I know what you mean about riding the back roads clearing your head, I still would enjoy it, but the traffic here on Oahu scares the living hell out of me, esp since it seems the paper has bikers being hit and injured or killed all too frequently. A few years back, I got this crazy idea to sell everything, move on a boat and sail around. So I learned to sail, moved to Hawaii, (although the Army had something to do with that) went to Iraq, come home and wife has lost interest in the boating thing, primarily because of the cost. I may still go sailing but it will probably be on small sailboats that are meant for just around the harbor. I got into motorcycles because of the price of gas and the upcoming need for a 3rd vehicle. A friend of mine got the ninja that I now have new, and I bought it when he decided on a Harley. So I took the MSF course, got licensed and here I am.

One more thing, thank you for your service in Vietnam, esp as a medic. I didn't see any combat other than a few mortars hitting on the same base as I was, but I worked with and supported the medics/crews with Dustoff.

NB

Old November 26th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #13
Ken
"Is that the Ninjer 1000?

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Quarter Liter Kawi

I support my habit via the volatile stock market
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM   #14
Sailariel

N B, Thank you for your service in Iraq. A lot of the guys and gals from here served there as part of the 133Rd Engineers (3 Deployments) Most of them came back really hard of hearing. At least in Nam we had the jungle which absorbed a lot of decibels when things went BOOM. You guys really had some tough duty. I couldn`t have done it. Sand is not my thing. Dust-off is super important. I would not be typing away on this computer were it not for a ballsey Dust-off pilot who plunked himself into a hot LZ to extract me. Great bunch of guys--loved their Scotch. Glad you made it back OK and I hope you find a good avionics job in Hawaii.

Old November 26th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #15
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

First thanks to NB for his recent service to our country and to Alex for his service during "our" war.

Currently I’m a Telecommunications Analyst with the Nebraska Public Service Commission and have the good fortune of working with a great group of people; more like family than work sometimes. My primary responsibility is for the numbering resources in Nebraska’s two area codes and I continue to try stretching the life of our 402 Code. I represent one of our Commissioners on an FCC advisory council, co-chair a couple of national sub-committees, and in general have fun.

As it became obvious that school wasn't going to be for me and my draft number kept getting lower I decided I'd better make the decision on my future instead of the Army. Served in the US Navy from 1963 through 1974 (figured 3 hots and flop or nothing was better than mud); seven patrols on an FBM submarine and four years as an instructor at a Nuclear Prototype School in Idaho. Another twenty years in the commercial nuclear power industry, some time with a commercial fire alarm and security company here in Nebraska, and five years with a telecommunications test equipment company before coming to the Commission.

Along the way picked up an Amateur Radio Operators license, enjoyed radio controlled planes for several years, and got into mountain biking and road bikes about ten years ago. I got involved with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society seven years ago and became the cycling coach here in Lincoln for the Team In Training Program training people over a 16 week program how to ride 100 miles in one day.

February of 2007 I was diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer and underwent radiation therapy, removal of the upper lobe on my right lung, and a round of chemo. Two weeks ago was my the end of my first year in remission. Don’t have my 100 mile legs under me yet so got the Ninja as a way of still being able to train people and take them out on the long rides (hey that’s my story and I’m sticking to it).

Happy to say that Kelly became my mentor during the bike purchase process and found he is one special person (I just love to embarrass him this way).

Old November 26th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #16
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I'm an information security guy. Worked as an infosec consultant for two of the Big 4 accounting/consulting firms for a little over a decade. Left the Big 4 two years back to head up infosec for a regional bank here in the bay area. Was great fun having a 20 minute local commute instead of cross-country (or global) plane rides to get to where I needed to be. The last year before leaving EY, I put on over 200k air miles. My bank was swallowed up by one of the big guys earlier this year, and much of the management team was given, uh, the opportunity to explore other opportunities. So I've been off since early this year, riding motorcycles, playing with our little one (he's 14 months right now), and playing on the web. Gives me plenty of time to work on sites like this.

While I'd like to continue the same-old same-old for another X years, it's not feasible long term and I'll hopefully be back at a similar gig sometime next year. But in the meantime, there's plenty of time and energy left to help keep this site humming right along!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #17
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

geez, you all are real smart
I am a Realtor here in WA state . Associate Broker ( could have my own office and flock if I wanted but don't want to babysit.)
Top Producer #1 out of 40 agents last year.
Lost my home as a teen and so I love hooking up folks with homes.
Unique sales approach... no pressure. Just educate and serve.

I refer top Lenders, etc... so folks are again, educated and prepared to make good choices. I am glad lending is changing back to the old school ways.
Documentation and good credit. Just makes sense.

This year is a tragic comedy haha! but holding my own. Looking forward to the upturn..
But , we had lots of weekends to ride this last summer so there was a funny plus to being slow

Past lives... More Sales, Accounting clerk, Woodworker 15 years, Self employed Gardener...
My Husband has been in the auto parts business for years but now is a Supply Chain Analyst for The Big B. ( Boeing)
zartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #18
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
Lost my home as a teen and so I love hooking up folks with homes.
sorry, I know there's a great/tragic story buried in there waiting to be shared?

Quote:
This year is a tragic comedy haha! but holding my own. Looking forward to the upturn..
But , we had lots of weekends to ride this last summer so there was a funny plus to being slow
I have a lemon tree in my back yard... I love making lemonade.

my GF was caught up in the financial debacle (mortgage underwriter). Good thing is she had the chance to take a break and decided to move over to Kauai to live after a 10 year, long distance relationship between islands. Like I said ...lemonade.

Old November 26th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #19
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Quote:
sorry, I know there's a great/tragic story buried in there waiting to be shared?

I have a lemon tree in my back yard... I love making lemonade.

my GF was caught up in the financial debacle (mortgage underwriter). Good thing is she had the chance to take a break and decided to move over to Kauai to live after a 10 year, long distance relationship between islands. Like I said ...lemonade.

Yep everyone has a story.

Yep Lemons have opportunity properties !

So, your GF and I both have huge knots on our heads from banging them on our desks. Haha!

Alex, you have the best set of smilies!!
zartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2008, 01:22 AM   #20
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Alex, you have the best set of smilies!!
Thx Zartan! I had a decent collection going, and Kelly suggested a few more to round 'em out. If you have some on other boards that you can't live without here, shoot me a note.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old November 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #21
Sailariel

Old Man, Glad to hear that your cancer is in remission. Mine has been for four years so far. It is not surprising that so many motorcyclists are also into bicycles. The bicycle forum I participate in also has a lot of Vets and lots of motorcyclists. I have four bikes; a 2004 Eddie Merckx Scandium road bike, an Aluminum Fuji TT bike, a 30 year old Univega Comp. I restored, and a Touring bike I built from a Nashbar Frameset. I built all my bikes up from framesets. Went to Barnett school for bicycle mechanics. I will be looking for a motorcycle mechanics school or try to do an apprenticeship at a local shop. I like schools. Last winter I took a carpentry course at our vocational school. This winter I will learn welding. Got to keep the mind from getting stale.

Old November 27th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #22
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

I sit on the corner with my tin cup, just your average begger

Really thou, have only worked a few jobs over the years. Electronics/Auto Mechanic/US Navy (IC)/DoD Army Comm & now DoD USAF Comm.

http://www.hurlburt.af.mil/library/f...et.asp?id=3522
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #23
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Allmayer Beck View Post
Old Man, Glad to hear that your cancer is in remission. Mine has been for four years so far. It is not surprising that so many motorcyclists are also into bicycles. The bicycle forum I participate in also has a lot of Vets and lots of motorcyclists. I have four bikes; a 2004 Eddie Merckx Scandium road bike, an Aluminum Fuji TT bike, a 30 year old Univega Comp. I restored, and a Touring bike I built from a Nashbar Frameset. I built all my bikes up from framesets. Went to Barnett school for bicycle mechanics. I will be looking for a motorcycle mechanics school or try to do an apprenticeship at a local shop. I like schools. Last winter I took a carpentry course at our vocational school. This winter I will learn welding. Got to keep the mind from getting stale.
Speaking of bikes, I have a early/mid 80's Pinarello, Record Equipe frame, with the Campagnolo Record group, exc fr deraileur, which is a S. Record because it is braze on. Haven't rode it much lately but I really used to ride ALOT. Tanned from mid thigh down, farmers tan on arms ex. hands, white with brown circles on the backs. But I haven't rode much since I enlisted and I do miss it. I could ride around the base I live on, but that would get boring after about 20 minutes or so. Going off base is iffy, I not in good riding shape, and either direction is downhill, and a rather steep hill coming home.

Glad to hear you are in remission. I have some experience with it myself. My father passed in 2000, 4 months after I got back from Korea. He had smoked for 33 yrs but had been quit for about 18. One of his brothers passed with it several years before him. I agree about keeping the mind busy, I try to do the same.

Later

NB

Old November 27th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #24
Sailariel

Old Man, One of my fantasies is that some day I will stumble upon a 56cm Pinarello with Campy Grouppo. Right now I am happy to learn everything I can about the Ninja. Some of the DIY posts from Kelly and others are fantastic. When I get my new computer, I will compile it all on a CD and send it to interested folks on the forum. Kelly does some incredible photography while working on his bike--a real talent. Right now I am working with a Winbook XL with a 400mb CPU,164RAM,4GB drive, and WIN98SE OS.--a real dinasaur. It worked fine for Nav functions on the sailboat and doing Email. I need to get something more modern, take a computer course, and buy a digital camera. I also need to bone up on my motorcycle mechanics. This Ninja is technologically light years ahead of the Norton I used to ride. I have a lot to learn.

Old November 27th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #25
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

I know what you mean, I am trying to learn as much as I can about this bike also riding and turning wrenches. Photography has long been one of my other hobbies, I have most of the equipment to set up my dark room, but I have never been in one place and had the right circumstances to set it up. On one of the other forums, there is a link for a mount for a camera that goes on the tank. I am, sometime, going to make that but I wouldn't put a expensive camera on it.

As for computers, I have a macbook at the moment, been using apples for about 6 yrs or so now and, except for some websites don't work with them, I like using them better than windows.

One thing I need to get is some stands. I have a bad habit of getting a new toy and take it apart to what makes it tick. I think I'll tinker with the carbs while its apart.

Later

NB

PS My Pinarello is a 55cm

Ok 'nough 'bout pedal power, twist the throttle and lets dry hop this b---h.

oops wrong forum.

Old November 28th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #26
OldGuy
Live Life

Alex the thing I am finding from the people on this forum is that they are more than just Ninja junkies. The more we "talk" the more I'm convinced that this forum will be come the virtual neighborhood bar from Boston made famous in the TV series (whose name just left me, ugh hate that when it happens). All we have to do is start assign character names to the members.

I started my cycling life on a Specialized Hardrock, traded that in on a FSR (which I still have), and then got an Allez. Put about 6,000 miles on it and gave into the temptation and got a Serotta. Colorado steel frame, full Ultrega, Chris King head set, Mavic Ksyriu wheel set, and a Fizk saddle for the butt. Did the full assembly and set up myself and have always wrenched my own bikes.

Any way, hope you had a good Thanksgiving and get some more rides in before the snow flies.

Alex thanks for hosting this forum. It is great how everyone respects each other.

Later all

Old November 28th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #27
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Alex the thing I am finding from the people on this forum is that they are more than just Ninja junkies. The more we "talk" the more I'm convinced that this forum will be come the virtual neighborhood bar from Boston made famous in the TV series (whose name just left me, ugh hate that when it happens). All we have to do is start assign character names to the members.

I started my cycling life on a Specialized Hardrock, traded that in on a FSR (which I still have), and then got an Allez. Put about 6,000 miles on it and gave into the temptation and got a Serotta. Colorado steel frame, full Ultrega, Chris King head set, Mavic Ksyriu wheel set, and a Fizk saddle for the butt. Did the full assembly and set up myself and have always wrenched my own bikes.

Any way, hope you had a good Thanksgiving and get some more rides in before the snow flies.

Alex thanks for hosting this forum. It is great how everyone respects each other.

Later all

Cheers!!

Old November 28th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #28
Ducati916Senna
ninjette.org member

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250R, 00 Yamaha WR400F, 98 Ducati 916 Senna #233, 94 ZZR400

Quote:
the back roads of scenic Maine
Hey, that's where I grew up! A little town called Passadumkeag about 30 miles north of Bangor. Nice to see a fellow mainah. Wicked good.

Oh, back to the post, I'm a grease monkey. Very luxurious. Never went to any type of schooling for it. Just kinda picked it up. Was originally going to school for law(long story). But, I can say, I'm my own boss and I make over six figures if that counts for anything. Just in the right place at the right time. I can say God has truely blessed me. And to Him, I give all the glory.
Ducati916Senna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2008, 10:12 PM   #29
OldGuy
Live Life

Quote:

Cheers!!
I knew there was another old fart out there that would remember the name of the series. Now, which character shall we assign to you

Old November 28th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #30
kkim

Quote:
I knew there was another old fart out there that would remember the name of the series. Now, which character shall we assign to you
Kato from the Green Hornet, of course.

oops, wrong series.

and you, sir?

Old November 28th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #31
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Alex thanks for hosting this forum.
You're very welcome, thanks for the kind thoughts!

Old December 3rd, 2008, 10:32 PM   #32
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

Hey guys. Im currently a 20 year old college student in the great state of NJ(although i live in florida). Double major in economics and political science...so courses so far this year have been very interesting and exciting. Hope to go to law school after I graduate...to become part of the solution hopefully not the problem haha. I fund my ninja habit by working part time at a BMW dealership. All the kids I work with were big into their cars and always on forums so I decided to find some ninja forums...and thats what brought me here.
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2008, 02:30 AM   #33
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

I'm also currently 20 (almost 21) and going to school here for Aerospace Engineering. I have about 2 more years for that, and then probably on for a masters and possibly a masters in business management as well. I would like to work for NASA, but I hear they have horible budgeting issues, so maybe Boeing, JPL, Aerojet or something along that line.

I support my ninja habit by being a Math/Chem tutor at the local Community College (started out there) and by not driving the cage unless I have to.

I'm kinda starting to get into bicycling. I have an old All-Pro road bike that I'm semi restoring (need it in useable condition), then I'll customize it. I have no clue about the size or anything, but it fits me good and I can lift it with my little finger. I got tubes at Kmart and now I just need tires, and to redo the front brakes (or remove, that could work too), then to clean and greese everything that needs it, and then do some riding. Maybe someone can give me tips on the front brake? Or overall how good the brand is?

As for smilies, as long as I have my good 'ol massive grin I'm good!

Travis

Old December 4th, 2008, 02:43 AM   #34
Felix
ninjette.org member

Name: Felix

Motorcycle(s): 08 ZX6R

Let me see, in no order...

Computer sales
Property maintenance
Landscaper
Assistant cook
Cardboard printer
Abattoir worker
Car salesman
Pizza delivery boy
Qualified Park Ranger

Currently… just finishing my apprenticeship as a Sparky.

Enjoy it heaps, looking at heading to the mines next year, and then into renewable energies.

Felix
Felix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #35
Sailariel

Ducati, Funny how things turn out. I wanted to stay in the Army and have them send me to medical school under the Bootstrap Program. Two problems: One, the Army was downsizing after Nam, and two, they did not want to keep aomeone who got shot up pretty good--even though I got accepted in med school. I left the army and figured I would go the civilian route--problem was that there was a four year waiting list. I was pushing thirty and needed to work at something somewhat sedantary while I was healing--so I went back to school. I really should have become a mechanic. I am one of the better bicycle mechanics around here and have only been at it for four years. Maybe I can talk to our local shop-who specializes in Ducati and any other good sportbike, into taking me as an apprentice. I would even sign an agreement that I would not open a shop within 100mi.

Old December 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM   #36
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

I'm a computer admin/programmer. This year I celebrated my 25th anniversary with my employer, Northrop Grumman. I work at Los Angeles AFB.

I want to thank Kelly again for introducing me such a great site!
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #37
kkim

Glad you like it, sir.

Old December 5th, 2008, 12:31 AM   #38
Felix
ninjette.org member

I should modify my first post there, my company went into liqudation today, so I'm out of a job 2 weeks before xmas, with 5 months superannuation and 4 weeks holidays owed... yeah yeah.

Current job: Unemployed

Felix

Old December 5th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #39
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix View Post
I should modify my first post there, my company went into liqudation today, so I'm out of a job 2 weeks before xmas, with 5 months superannuation and 4 weeks holidays owed... yeah yeah.

Current job: Unemployed

Felix
Wow! Very sorry to hear this, Felix. Is this the same company you were thinking of going to the mines with?

Man, I thought the economic woes were mainly confined to the US. Guess it sucks there, too?

At least there's some sort of compensation...

Have one on me , buddy... in fact, have a few!!

Old December 5th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #40
Felix
ninjette.org member

No its a different company, but still, 2 weeks before xmas, and so close to finishing my apprenticeship off. It has nothing to do with the global econ either, which annoys me, over here, sparks are run off their feet with work. The company was run VERY badly, thats all. Their own fault.

Heading out for a beer now, so i'll do that

Felix