ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:56 AM   #41
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Ya the ignore button is there for a reason. Hit it and youll never see a response from that person again. Ignore or block...one of those.

Old May 25th, 2016, 11:02 AM   #42
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16

There are people who will say things you don't agree with or like.

Listen anyway. Learn anyway.

There will be people who will say whatever you want to hear to make you happy or agree with you.

Listen anyway. Learn anyway.

Only you have the power to be upset or not. To learn or not.

Remember this.

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 11:33 AM   #43
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
"fast enough" is a relative term.

I know you are talking about the street, but I've been racing motorcycles for 30 plus years and the 250 Ninja that I have now is the least capable of all the bikes that I've raced, yet one of the funnest. And it's extremely cheap to race. So I really don't care if someone else approves cause it puts a smile on my face.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 01:09 PM   #44
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Well this went downhill rapidly.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #45
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

Fast is a relative term. There is also acceleration, cornering ability, ride stability, and many more aspects that are even hard to list.

a larger displacement bike will have more horsepower, but it will also weigh more, be geared taller, have bigger tires. It is work to corner a 1000cc bike. You have to push harder, lean harder, less forcing and more technique. It also has a much more touchy throttle, more on tap. It will get you into trouble faster, toss you on your head quicker, punish you for your mistakes harder. But when done correctly it will reward you with more blessings and a PhD in "Badassary"

the 250 is much more forgiving, slower to bite, mistakes are taken in stride, ham handed throttle operation is considered acceptable in all but the most extreme cases.

large water cooled engines last longer if taken care of, large water cooled engines can take extended use better... but this is not to say the 250 can't run at 70 all day if need be, just ask NevadaWolf.

I've driven them all, each does what it's designed to do, by sacrificing one of the other aspects of the ride. Play to the strengths, ignore the short comings. I've seen north of a buck 60, fast as i care to go. In fact, I have actually lowered the primary gearing of the TLR because I'm willing to give up 10 mph top speed to increase the wicked off the line torque the TL has. The front comes up effortlessly.

the question then becomes more of a "what do you like" as opposed to "how fast do you need to go".

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 01:26 PM   #46
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
^^^ This, but it still takes some chutzpah and skill to push a little Ninjette to its limits and stay upright. Especially when you're in a pack of similar bikes all with riders going for the win.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 01:29 PM   #47
xorbe
ninjette.org guru

Name: xorbe

Motorcycle(s): N650 (and others)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
Is a Honda Civic not a real car? Speed and power are non-issues in the street.
I tried to make the same point with my a/t Honda Fit that I bought brand new. It wasn't a starter car I paid $$$ to get a shiny new one from the dealer lot, I bought it for ease and economy/utility and for the awesome magic seat system. I have another m/t 2-seater 250hp convertible if I feel the need for speed. But noooo, suddenly logic goes out the window when motorcycles are involved. Every bike must be 0 to over speed limit in 500 ms.
xorbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 01:47 PM   #48
wendyjboss
wendyjboss

Name: wendyjboss

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CBR 500RF (On its way), 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

Moto Life is For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity360 View Post
there are many who get TOO f**king personal. Yes there is a chance for death in everything you do, but to basically tell me they dont want to have to send me flowers? **** off. seriously. I drive the speed limit, I follow 2 car lengths behind people, I dont merge unless there is ALOT of room I am not out here road racing, seriously DONE with this ****. YES I AM SIGNED UP FOR MSF COURSE! But PLENTY of people got riding time in before taking a course! you guys just think you can **** with me because i am a girl who is a beginner.
Amanda,
There are a lot of people here who have tried to be helpful to you. Everything you've said has led most of us to believe that you are a moto accident waiting to happen.

Moto Life is "For Life". We are trying to be helpful.

Do not take it personally. Rather sit back and think, am I taking this too personally. If you don't feel you need the training, then don't tell everyone that you "made a noob mistake" popping a wheelie at an intersection and expect that we're all going to laugh. Rather expect that we're going to council you in how to proceed so that it doesn't happen to you again. Did you buy the tools yet? What about the book, "Proficient Motorcycling". Are you thinking about fixing that possibly broken clutch yet?

We're all alive because we respect the dangers and go forward in an informed manner. We are all trying to share with what we all had to start out with.

Again, this life is 'For Life', and we want you to enjoy it.

Peace. Out.
wendyjboss is offline   Reply With Quote

10 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 02:20 PM   #49
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

ZeroGravity360, if you're still reading this thread, you can choose to hit the ignore on certain users.

Quote:
Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.
And to redirect this back to the conversation...

I've heard that the whole "600s/1000s are where it's at." I don't pay attention to them. Mainly, I just respond that I've already owned two 600s in the past, but I'm trying to learn to corner properly.

I'm pretty slow at the track, but it's still fun to keep pace with supersports at trackdays. If I can, I'm on a 300. If they're faster than me, well, I'm on a 300.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 02:46 PM   #50
wendyjboss
wendyjboss

Name: wendyjboss

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CBR 500RF (On its way), 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

At any rate, I've been riding my bike at higher RPM -- 8-9000 this year. It does seem to like to run up there. As someone said earlier, most new riders keep it in the 4000RPM range, which is what I did most of last year, my first year riding. Now that I have it revving higher, it almost has a different personality. Still super maneuverable, but more responsive acceleration-wise. Very encouraging. I was one of those riders who believed I needed to size up to be able to ride the highway. But each time I went to buy a 650, I kept feeling remorse for my beloved pre-gen. That and someone here said how that higher RPM range is what newer riders need to get on the highway, more time in the saddle and more learning to ride it. So yeah. I love it, and it will go fast.
wendyjboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 02:48 PM   #51
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Nutin is faster in the corners!!!!!

Old May 25th, 2016, 02:49 PM   #52
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
ZeroGravity360, if you're still reading this thread, you can choose to hit the ignore on certain users.

And to redirect this back to the conversation...

I've heard that the whole "600s/1000s are where it's at." I don't pay attention to them. Mainly, I just respond that I've already owned two 600s in the past, but I'm trying to learn to corner properly.

I'm pretty slow at the track, but it's still fun to keep pace with supersports at trackdays. If I can, I'm on a 300. If they're faster than me, well, I'm on a 300.

Thank you. I just did it. I started this thread as a conversation piece over the whole "you're on a 250? You'll get there!" Thing. I know people who have traded in their liter bikes for 250s. There is just this stigma around a 250 being slow.
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 03:07 PM   #53
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
The 250 is slow, that's a fact. Does it being slow make it useless? NO, not at all. I love when people comment on how slow a ninja 250 is because I always say it's like a Geo Metro on two wheels but here I am 85,000 miles later and still using the piss out of my little POS bike as if it was my first love. If someone happens to call me slow along with the bike then the jokes on them and I can continue on with a smile at their expense.

Oh and the 250s aren't the fastest things in the corners. They are just so slow on the straits that seems faster in the corners
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 03:43 PM   #54
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
but this is not to say the 250 can't run at 70 all day if need be, just ask NevadaWolf.
*grin* I had to check if that was a "you" tag trickery.

The only time I've felt the little Ninja wasn't "fast" enough was slogging along on I-80 and I-15 in Utah or I-10 in Texas. But there the speed limit is 80 MPH, and with the Ninja hauling my heavy butt around, I had nothing left. But who cares? There is a "slow" lane for a reason, anyone wanting to speed was welcome to pass.

The other 99% of the time? I can do the speed limit +5 on any road that I've ridden on. I've ridden behind people who gun it out on the straights only to be breathing down their tailpipe because they can't corner worth crap. Sure they have "moar powah!" but their skill sucked.

I had a sales creep tell me that I'd be bored with the 250 within 6 months. It took four years before I even started getting serious about a different bike and I only went up to a 500. Just wanted to be able to pass a semi on I-80 going across Bonneville.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 04:16 PM   #55
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 286, 296, 599, 799

Cornerspeed
Cornerspeed
Cornerspeed!
AwDang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 05:06 PM   #56
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
My .02...
I started riding 5 years ago... I will be 41. Until last Dec. The other rider I ride with had a ZX14 (that's a fast bike). The only time the 250 wasn't fast enough was when it was cold....he would leave me forgetting I had to warm up the bike. I up graded to a 300 so he would stop leaving me when I was sitting still waiting for the bike to warm up. The rest of the time he would wait at the next stop for me, I go my speed my pace.

I joined this forum for info on the bike, learn techniques, meet other riders and suck up as much info as I can.

I did the MSF before I joined and before I bought a bike. The advantage was when I got advice I understood what I was being told and remembered my training.
A couple of track days really helped once I was comfortable at speeds.

I kept my secret from the forum for about a year.... I am a girl, no one knew my age or gender and the other members don't care how old you are or what you are. The advice is purely based on your comments about your skills and your bike.
There is a ton to learn here, have a beer relax, and remember we were all noobs once too.

Oh and many on here race so yes the 250 is fast enough.

Old May 25th, 2016, 05:07 PM   #57
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
So this is the 2nd time I have dropped my bike at less than 3 days after i fixed the turn signal I just broke a month ago.
Quote:
I have dropped my bike once, the other time I ran into the grass because my friend tried to teach me on very narrow side street.
Get your story straight. Is it once or twice?

Old May 25th, 2016, 05:14 PM   #58
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
*grin* I had to check if that was a "you" tag trickery.
nope, I was actually calling the one and only NevadaWolf.

I look at your Avitar and see 94K+ miles on a Ninja 250 and my jaw just drops

I thought 63k+ on an air cooled 750 Kan-o-tuna was excessive. It was beyond what I could keep running and I can keep some stuff running...

and as my grandpa used to say, "run what'cha brung." the bigger bikes are heavy and harder to handle... as some point you cross that line between "fun" and "work"... when you do, sell the GSXCBRR-doubleX-TrippleR9200 and go back across to the "fun" side.

Old May 25th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #59
motoman
ninjette.org member

Name: derrick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 ninja

Love my new gen it is definitely fast enough for our maximum 60 mph speed limits here in Ontario Canada anything else is just going to get me in legal trouble. Besides the funnest part is twisting the throttle and shifting
motoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:10 PM   #60
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Anyone else feel like people who ride "faster" bikes like a 600 or a 1000 dont think a 250 is a "real bike?" It gets a little annoying when I tell people I have a 250 and I LIKE IT, they tell me "oh you'll want something faster" or "You'll get there." Do you really NEED a bigger bike? I dont think so. I got up to 65 in 5th gear, how much faster do you need to go?
I'm usually too busy riding and having fun, so I personally haven't gotten the small bike comments. My small bike is also track exclusive*, so fast (laptimes, not top speed) is kind of the point...and I've never received or heard negative small bike comments at the track. I don't/haven't done bike nights, because if I have free time and clear weather (they tend to cancel when it's rainy), I could be riding. Easy choice.

If a person enjoys riding, any mechanically sound bike can and likely will be fun. If a bike is a social accessory, then I guess the owner needs to accessorize appropriately for their social goals. That might be something for anyone reading this to reflect on if and when they're worried about their bike. I don't think it matters which unfairly limiting category one falls in to, but it's worthwhile to know oneself.

*If I didn't have to strap on street parts, pay for tags, and so on, I'd ride the little bike on the street too. With my luck, I'm the guy who would get stopped by a cop the moment I set out with a plate from another bike..

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:37 PM   #61
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

I rode a 'busa with nitrous....too much for the street.

Every time I tell people about my 250, they say the same shi7 "when are you going to get a real bike?" To that, I simply say "I have one, where's your's?" OR "let's go to the track and really decide who's bike is better?" seems to shut everyone up.
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:27 PM   #62
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTriggaz View Post
Maybe it's beating a dead horse, but she obviously wants to continue riding prior to taking it, thus instilling bad habits that are causing issues and are harder to correct.
Not sure how telling her to stop and take a step back and take the course before she continues is a bad thing.
if you want to help, give advice about the problems. don't suggest quitting. that's -- pardon my politically incorrectness -- retarded.

Quote:
there are many who get TOO f**king personal. Yes there is a chance for death in everything you do, but to basically tell me they dont want to have to send me flowers? **** off. seriously. I drive the speed limit, I follow 2 car lengths behind people, I dont merge unless there is ALOT of room I am not out here road racing, seriously DONE with this ****. YES I AM SIGNED UP FOR MSF COURSE! But PLENTY of people got riding time in before taking a course! you guys just think you can **** with me because i am a girl who is a beginner.
let me give you some advice:

- turning and brakes: no. http://www.stevemunden.com/braking.html
- adjustable levers for small hands: yes. http://shop.the2wheels.com/
- reading about MSF drills and doing them yourself: yes. http://www.bikesafer.com/msf_brc_review_range.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
no one knew my gender
I could tell.

Old May 25th, 2016, 11:42 PM   #63
tfkrocks

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
I've owned a pregen 250, a new Gen 250, and a 300. Still own the 300. I just got a bigger bike almost 7 years later because I never felt that I truly needed more. The only reason for new bike was just because I wanted something new for fun.

The only people who ever gave me crap for getting a 250 for a first bike were a bunch of squids who didn't even have motorcycle licenses and stunted on public roads. Real riders don't give a **** what you're riding.

Old May 26th, 2016, 12:44 AM   #64
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Get used to $hit talkin... It happens everywhere everyday

I used to ride with a national champion, Daytona winner, blah blah blah and all the other folks around here, from busa's and zx14's to every other bike; everyone liked my bike, and everyone talked junk to everyone... It gives you something to do during rest stops at the gas station or local eatery

Oh yea... The point of this post; keep your head up and ride your own ride
next fool that tells you you need some fancy new bigger anything just simply tell em "put ya money where ya mouth is and buy it for me!" Nobody really says much after that

Old May 26th, 2016, 02:34 AM   #65
ZeroGravity360

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
if you want to help, give advice about the problems. don't suggest quitting. that's -- pardon my politically incorrectness -- retarded.

let me give you some advice:

- turning and brakes: no. http://www.stevemunden.com/braking.html
- adjustable levers for small hands: yes. http://shop.the2wheels.com/
- reading about MSF drills and doing them yourself: yes. http://www.bikesafer.com/msf_brc_review_range.html

I could tell.
There is a parking lot 2 blocks from me that they do the license testing at, I spent 2 hours one day practicing the swerve and the emergency stop. It's hard to lock up my ninja 250 brakes. But I spent 4 hours over 2 days in a parking lot before I got on the road. Just constant telling me I'm going to kill my self just got to me and I exploded. I regret going off, it's just hard to get ****ed with in every post because I ask a lot of questions and advice.

Anyway, back on topic. Yeah, I guess it's mainly my squid friends that make fun of my bike. Just sucks, cause no one warns to ride with me or even hang out lol. I really like the 250, and I'm starting to get attached to her. I can't explain it, but I'm starting to bond with my motorcycle lol!

Old May 26th, 2016, 05:12 AM   #66
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjboss View Post
At any rate, I've been riding my bike at higher RPM -- 8-9000 this year. It does seem to like to run up there. As someone said earlier, most new riders keep it in the 4000RPM range, which is what I did most of last year, my first year riding. Now that I have it revving higher, it almost has a different personality. Still super maneuverable, but more responsive acceleration-wise. Very encouraging.

Yes yes yes!!!!

The bike really comes alive up there, doesn't it?

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2016, 05:27 AM   #67
ZeroGravity360

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjboss View Post
At any rate, I've been riding my bike at higher RPM -- 8-9000 this year. It does seem to like to run up there. As someone said earlier, most new riders keep it in the 4000RPM range, which is what I did most of last year, my first year riding. Now that I have it revving higher, it almost has a different personality. Still super maneuverable, but more responsive acceleration-wise. Very encouraging. I was one of those riders who believed I needed to size up to be able to ride the highway. But each time I went to buy a 650, I kept feeling remorse for my beloved pre-gen. That and someone here said how that higher RPM range is what newer riders need to get on the highway, more time in the saddle and more learning to ride it. So yeah. I love it, and it will go fast.
I do this!! haha! I dont know, I have an after market exhaust which seems so loud when I am on the bike! I thought as soon as it hits 9k it sounds like it is struggling. Maybe not!

Old May 26th, 2016, 06:35 AM   #68
verboten1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '75 CB550:.'82 XV920:.'00 KLR650:.'00 EX250:.'08 Ninja 250

MOTM - June '15
Earplugs are a great thing for riding, the wind noise is very fatiguing.

It isn't struggling at 9K, it's just starting to wake up!

Ride more, worry less.
verboten1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2016, 06:41 AM   #69
Bigballsofpaint

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Quote:
I do this!! haha! I dont know, I have an after market exhaust which seems so loud when I am on the bike! I thought as soon as it hits 9k it sounds like it is struggling. Maybe not!
LOL on track, my bike never goes BELOW 8-9k rpm. That's where it NEEDS to be, hell if you ride highway at any decent speed it will be at a constant 10k rpm, no worries, the bikes can take it.

Old May 26th, 2016, 06:42 AM   #70
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Yes!!!! The party starts around 8-9k rpms (many other bikes too). When your ready don't miss out!

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2016, 06:48 AM   #71
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
My bike's done 18k miles

I can't remember the last time I dropped below 8,000 RPM outside of a parking lot. The bike is designed to never leave the powerband

Old May 26th, 2016, 07:16 AM   #72
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
It may need some tuning. When you change the intake or exhaust you often need to make adjustments to the mixture.

That requires carb removal and partial disassembly, but it's worth doing.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2016, 07:24 AM   #73
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
It may need some tuning. When you change the intake or exhaust you often need to make adjustments to the mixture.

That requires carb removal and partial disassembly, but it's worth doing.
If it is a full exhaust yes,
If it is a slip-on then maybe not.

My old 250 had a aftermarket full exhaust but the PO who installed it also did the adjustments to the carburetor.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #74
ZeroGravity360

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
If it is a full exhaust yes,
If it is a slip-on then maybe not.

My old 250 had a aftermarket full exhaust but the PO who installed it also did the adjustments to the carburetor.
It is an after market slip on. The previous owner put it on. Not sure what he did and didnt do to it. I just know its loud. I think its this one
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...lip-on-exhaust

Old May 26th, 2016, 07:53 AM   #75
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
I think it would not have needed anything done to the carbs.
@LittleRedNinjette Terri what do you think.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2016, 07:58 AM   #76
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Even a slip-on needs adjustment. Had to do it with the newgen we put a Danmoto on and we are still playing with my pregen with 2bros set.

*Goes off to read the rest of thread*

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:24 AM   #77
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Holy crap this thread was a rollercoaster!!

Quote:
Anyone else feel like people who ride "faster" bikes like a 600 or a 1000 dont think a 250 is a "real bike?" It gets a little annoying when I tell people I have a 250 and I LIKE IT, they tell me "oh you'll want something faster" or "You'll get there." Do you really NEED a bigger bike? I dont think so. I got up to 65 in 5th gear, how much faster do you need to go?
I had a 2012 and loved it. It was wrecked and we found a 300. LOVE that bike. I got peer pressure from some buddies and my boyfriend to "upgrade" so i got a sportster and was not happy. I regret selling the 300 every day. SO we got a pregen for me to play with for now and sold the sporty. I couldn't be happier to be back on a ninjette.

If you love it don't let ANYONE talk you into "upgrading". You'll know if you want something different in the future.

And on the carb, definitely do some work to it. On my 2012 (Danmoto slip-on) we just shimmed the needles and that was ok. I would recommend jetting though. It's more work but the end result will be worth it.

Raven's Rejuvenation

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old May 26th, 2016, 08:30 AM   #78
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
It costs seven times as much to insure. Food for thought.
Holy hell, My supersport cost me a few bucks less than my old 300.

For insurance.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:38 AM   #79
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
Holy hell, My supersport cost me a few bucks less than my old 300.

For insurance.
Age and coverage may be factors. And years riding too. But 99% of the time a bigger bike will be much more expencive to insure the the 250/300s.

Hell, i'm paying less than $20 a month for full coverage on this bike.

Raven's Rejuvenation

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:44 AM   #80
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
I could cut my insurance into a third of what it is by getting a triumph 675
a cbr600rr is roughly the same

a new supersport costs more but an older one costs less, 300s also are higher risk due to the increased amount of beginner riders who get them

10 year old bikes have good insurance rates