ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old November 19th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Ninjette.org is First Rate

Got up this morning and it was a clear and cold day (34F). The phone rang at 0800 and I was informed that a very special person in my life died at age 98--He was a WWII Veteran who fought in the Phillipines as a Marine. Surely he is in a better place. Anyway, when our soup kitchen was ready to go bankrupt in July, he stepped up to the plate with a large infusion of cash. Others followed his example, and the Belfast Soup Kitchen (which, incidentally puts out between 110 to 120 meals a day ) is in the black and will continue to operate for many many years because of this beautiful person. His wish was to remain anonymous until he died ( I wished he would live forever) Well, we all know how to clear the cobwebs in our mind, deal with issues, etc.) You get on the bike and ride. When the ride is finished, there is a whole different perspective. I put on all my gear (by then it got up to 38F), got on my new NT-700, and rode. It took 100 miles to get myself together (we now have 216miles on the bike since last Wednesday) When I got home, the first thing I did was check out what was happening on Ninjette.org. It is a friendly reassuring net, quite unique in cyberspace. The people are real--even though I have only mey a couple face to face-which further reinforces how many good people we have. Anyway, at the risk of sounding maudlin, thanks for being there--all of you. You have helped me more than you will ever know.

Old November 19th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #2
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

Sorry for your loss - his service, and yours, is appreciated.
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #3
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Sounds like you were lucky to have known him.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Great thread, Alex. You're a key part of what has made this place fun to come back to each day, and we've decided you're not permitted to leave just because your ninjette now looks suspiciously like a Honda.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #5
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Sorry for your loss, especially since it sounds like you two were very close. It's never easy losing someone like that. But think of it this way. He's not dead. He will live forever because the people he touched will remember him. So never forget him and he will never die.

I also agree with your opinion of these bestest forums. I check them daily (ok more then once a day, more like several times lol) to see what's going on in the ninjette world. I've been part of a number of forums and have found this one to be probably my favorite ever. I've done clan forums, gaming forums, and 3 other motorcycle forums. The clan forums were fun while they lasted, the gaming forums were full of immature flaming and soon got old, two of the other motorcycle forums I haven't visited since coming to ninjette (combined they can't even hold a candle to it) and the 3rd motorcycle forum I check every now and then since it's more local to where I am. But this place is kinda like one of those really cool lounges where you can just come in, sit down with a nice refreshment of choice (I don't drink alcohol :P) and just relax.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #6
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
great thread, alex. You're a key part of what has made this place fun to come back to each day, and we've decided you're not permitted to leave just because your ninjette now looks suspiciously like a honda.
+10000000
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #7
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I'm so sorry to hear about your special friend. He did live a full live by your description and you have been blessed to be part of his life. I wish all the best for your soup kitchen and your future plans.

Old November 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #8
Sailariel

Lil one and Alex and Sombo, Thank You. They did not offer the NT-700 in .,although I may just have it painted Green for shock value. I did check out the Nt-700 Forum. It is not something I would be comfortable with. The people seem old and opinionated (just my impression). I did not feel welcome. True, this forum is about Ninjettes, but it is more than that. It is about MOTORCYCLING, which we all enjoy and are adamant about defending. It is about real people and how they feel, about sending good thoughts to people like Jon Broom, Tin, Customs Creations,and others who crashed or had experienced some sort of misfortune. It is, in my view, the penultimate motorcycling forum. Alex, you have done a fantastic job putting this forum together. Your vision has also been shared by Kelly and others too numerous to mention. Thank you for welcoming a Honda owner to your family.

Old November 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #9
wild-bill
seeking twisties

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 650R, '09 250R special edition

Yes there are great folks here. I'm going to meet with Randomwalk101 tomorrow and go riding-can't wait to meet a member of Ninjette.org.

Old November 19th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #10
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Alex, my condolence for your loss. The world has lost a very special person but thanks to you his memory will live on.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #11
Sailariel

Rick, He is in a better place for sure. His last few years were a rapid decline both physically and mentally. It is always sad to lose a friend--but at some point one has to let go. He is at peace in a much better place. Certainly his memory will live on. I will definitely see to that.

Old November 19th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #12
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Alex I want to go a little off topic but on topic...??
As to your loss today I hope my pm"s have conveyed my sadness for your loss

Hear me out here ok?!!

I want to address a little bit of the second part of this topic, Ironically I just asked Alex the Mod to delete my account two day ago, because this place has grown so fast that I felt the core group was gone and I had been coming across some post that haven't exactly been living up to respectful reputation of
What Alex and the members strive for.
Lots of talking, less listening and some mean spirited remarks tossed out.

Hear me out!!

He kind of slowed me down and let me rant. I am soooooooo glad to be reading how you all feel this is a great place. It has restored my faith a bit.
Thank you all for that. And if we can all work to keep the spirt of the place I will be most grateful to stick around !!! With much respect Z

Old November 19th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #13
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Come on Z, what would this place do without you? You're one of those core people that help make it great. If you left that would just take more of the core out. We need to put more in instead of taking it out.

Don't leave because of the direction some of the newer posters have gone in. Stick around and help try to influence them back towards the ninjette you fell in love with. It's like holding on to a heritage, it requires the "elders" to teach the "younglings" about where we all came from and such.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2010, 05:41 PM   #14
Sailariel

Mike, You are right on target. I may no longer be a Ninjette owner--although if my back heals, I may get a ninjette again in addition to my Honda. The other nets are not something I feel comfortable with. Alex said that I can stay on,and I am grateful for that. I hung on to the Ninja to the point where I would be in severe pain everytime I got on the bike. I could not envision me riding while taking Percocet. I can ride the NT without drugs. This winter with PT and all that stuff, I should heal up OK. The NT will be OK but certainly not a Ninja. At any rate, I feel fortunate to have experienced a Ninja for 12000 miles.