ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old February 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Glowslick
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r.......soon

Best aftermarket exhaust system?

There are so many brands of aftermarket exhausts, so which one is the best?
Glowslick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I haven't used any but as far as looks I'd go full carbon yoshi

Old February 5th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #3
kkim

Area P.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Glowslick
ninjette.org newbie

I was thinking about the Area p, but i cant decide!!

Old February 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #5
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

AreaP all the way. Kerry, the owner is incredibly passionate about making the best exhaust systems and has the best priced fully tested exhaust systems. Do a search for AreaP on the forums and you will find tons of positive reviews on them.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #6
sherjay
ninjette.org member

Name: Xtian

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r SE

AREA P. Best obtainable HP from an exhaust, it sounds good and with option to reduce sound

if preferred. The owner/engineer/ex racer has quality and optimal performance in mind.
sherjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #7
Glowslick
ninjette.org newbie

Thank you!! I'm going with the Area P!

Old February 5th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #8
V2Neal
Bad-ass 250 racer

Name: Neal

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r, ATK 605, Honda CR250R

You won't regret that decision.
CRA #28. Just wave as you go by!
V2Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #9
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Area P all the way.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #10
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

Love my carbon Yosh.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #11
DEXSPEED
2012 is here,let's ride!!

Name: dex

Motorcycle(s): 2009R,'12 suzuki +500

jardine rt5

Old February 6th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #12
Den
ninjette.org member

Name: Denis

Motorcycle(s): '10 250R(sold); '10 ER-6F

Akrapovic - VERY VERY nice
http://www.akrapovic.com/motorcycle-...on-e02a3348fe/

Also consider...

Two Brothers - if you're in the US
http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...50R-SO-08.html
Leo Vince - if you're in the EU
http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-k...008_2010/12823
http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-k...008_2010/13992
Den is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #13
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowslick View Post
I was thinking about the Area p, but i cant decide!!
it depends on what you're looking to get from an exhaust system. I can say, if you're looking for the quietest, high quality, well R&D'd system from a company who stands behind their product 110% before and after the sale, you can do no better than Area P.

it's amazing it itself someone like Kerry Bryant (owner of AP) has taken a real interest in our small displacement bikes, but it is mind blowing that he continues to work to improve (further costs for R&D) upon a highly successful design.

AP has continued support of the system I purchased from him a few years ago with updates and emails on items their company has come out with since. I only wish all companies that I buy products from had the business acumen displayed by Kerry and crew. Needless to say, he has a customer for life.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #14
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

I have the Sportisi VR Black (more Moto-GP styled) exhaust because I like how it sounds and looks over the Area P, but the Area P appears to be a notch or two higher in overal quality (granted, I did pay $285 shipped for my new Sportisi system) and is by far the most thoroughly tested of any of the exhaust, AFAIK.

Definitely can't go wrong with the Area P. And honestly I wouldn't get anything except the new High-Mount, if I were buying from them. It would take a little longer for the look to grow on me, but it is not only about the best-performing exhaust setups we've seen (going by starting HP to end HP), but should still be quieter than most any other high-performance exhaust for the bike.

Old February 7th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #15
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

This thread has started a thought I have had for a while.

Has there been any test by anyone regarding full system exhaust with for example in stock form then jetted then jetted with whatever else to see who's exhaust gets what gains in controlled tests.

It would be nice to see someone do a

I put X exhaust on with no this etc and got a xhp gain. I then put on Y exhaust and it produced xhp etc

I then put on X exhaust with x jetting and got xhp. I then left x jetting in and put on Y exhaust and got xhp gain.
Locksmiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #16
tsiratiug
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Triumph Bonneville T100, 2010 Ninja 250R SE (SOLD), 2002 Honda Rebel

I wish I could find an after market exhaust slip on that gives us all the benefits of better exhaust flow without the increase in sound. I kind of like the quietness of the stock system.... for a reason.

I've noticed the cops around here are drawn to sportbike screams like flies to honey. A friend of mine, who is a local cop in the next county said he absolutely hones in on that. According to him, you can hear a screaming sportbike from a long way off on our twisty country roads. And when he hears it he immediately starts cruising that direction - it's an easy ticket get.
tsiratiug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #17
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

I've tried Yosh it's nice...and I switched to Akrapovic just to try it out..and I love it
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #18
Animal78
ninjette.org member

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250(sold) 2000 Ninja 250 (sold) 2012 Ninja 250r 2020 Harley Sportster (rarely ridden)

I have the Yosh. It's ok. I would switch to something quieter though. I do get tired of listening to it after about a hour.
Animal78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #19
Jaysep
Pinoy

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r, KMX, mio soul

Has anyone tried Leo Vince full exhaust?
Jaysep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #20
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

If I was gonna buy one right now, think it would be that Tyga
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #21
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Area P Quite Core is the way to go. Loud but not too loud.
Stealth I would call it.
Under the police radar for noise if ridden nicely and no sacrifice in horsepower. Plus no headache if you plan to ride for an hour of two.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #22
TedBull
ninjette.org member

Name: Ted

Motorcycle(s): (08 Ninja 250) (07 Suzuki Hayabusa) (08 Suzuki GSXR 1000) (Yamaha dirtbikes)

The best exhaust is the one you think looks the best and can afford. Performance gains between systems on a displacment this small is minimal. People will argue differant but you have to remember the numbers are usually all about peak horsepower and how often are you at peak horsepower on the street? I have had full on $3,000 dollar titanium race systems paired up with multiple fueling and timeing modules. Sure they work for a race bike but are overkill on a streetbike and your MPG and reliability go down. These days I am into slip ons for looks, sound, and weight reduction with minimal fueling adjustments and high MPG in mind.

My vote is the HB growler slip on for value and looks.

Just my opinion, seems like the Area P or TYGA is the favorite on this forum. My all time favorite system on all the bikes I have owned was the Leo Vince dual corsa titanium race system for my 08 GSXR 1000. There quality and design is excellent. Akraprovic is very good as well but expensive. Yoshi is very good and good value also.
TedBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2011, 06:17 AM   #23
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
I've been debating this issue as well. I agree that the performance gains for an aftermaket system are small, and arguably not worth spending any money on for a bike that is less than $4k new. You'll never recoup the money you spend in resale, and the dollars paid per HP gain is huge for the ninjette. This is why many think, quite reasonably, that aftermarket exhaust is a bad idea. However, for me the asthetics and small performance gain are a factor, but I'm really motivated by the hobby/fun aspect of the DIY project. I like the idea of making the little ninjette the best it can be just out of pride and for the joy of turning the wrench on it. I'm interested in the mechanical challenge - if a bit intimidated. (I may have to stalk kkim for advice during the rejetting .)

After a ton of research, I definately like the sound quality of the Vance & Hines exhausts best - something about the tone hides the otherwise awkward note of a parrallel twin, imho one of the worst sounding exhaust notes of any engine configuration. The Leo Vince also sounds good to my ear and has a very good reputation for quality. (Just don't believe the hype that you can get a 5% HP gain, a 12% boost to midrange torque AND won't have to rejet. It just seems impossible as a matter of physics.) I also don't like the obnoxiously loud sound of, say, a Muzzy or Two Brothers -- just too aggressive for my liking.

But all things considered, I will very likely be going with an Area P, probably their quiet core 18 inch. Not only will I be supporting Area P's outstanding R&D and commitment to the ninjette as part of their program, it seems like a really nice group to give my money to. Their reputation for customer service, the results in increased power throughout the power band, and their direct involvment in this forum is too good to pass up.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2011, 06:54 AM   #24
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedBull View Post
The best exhaust is the one you think looks the best and can afford. Performance gains between systems on a displacment this small is minimal. People will argue differant but you have to remember the numbers are usually all about peak horsepower and how often are you at peak horsepower on the street? I have had full on $3,000 dollar titanium race systems paired up with multiple fueling and timeing modules. Sure they work for a race bike but are overkill on a streetbike and your MPG and reliability go down. These days I am into slip ons for looks, sound, and weight reduction with minimal fueling adjustments and high MPG in mind.

My vote is the HB growler slip on for value and looks.

Just my opinion, seems like the Area P or TYGA is the favorite on this forum. My all time favorite system on all the bikes I have owned was the Leo Vince dual corsa titanium race system for my 08 GSXR 1000. There quality and design is excellent. Akraprovic is very good as well but expensive. Yoshi is very good and good value also.
If you look at the curve on the AreaP systems, nothing could be further from the truth about the peak power comment. It truely reshapes the powerband for the better across the entire range, giving more grunt down low and extending the powerband far further than OEM. I don't own a ninjette personally, let alone own an AreaP system for one - but if I did you better believe I would have one on my bike. I wish they made a full system for my 6R or F2.

Comments about the price of most race grade full systems are spot on though.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2011, 10:43 PM   #25
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Name: Saint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 KAW Ninja250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEXSPEED View Post
jardine rt5
Jardine RT5 here also.

It really depends on if you park your bike next to your neighbors's pillow and how sensitive the local police and soccer moms hearing is. If you're looking for straight performance reasons and it's not a strictly track bike then any full exhaust is almost the same (slight performance increase). Let's keep the reality button in the on position here....it's a 250...and... it's about the sound and how many heads you can turn. Que the safety aspect for the hard sell (PPL can hear me so they won't hit me).

To quote Digital Underground... "Do whatcha like".
SaintJPN is offline   Reply With Quote