ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old December 20th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #1
CmichRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

Front fairing bolts for pre-gen

Hey guys, if anyone has a set of all the bolts needed to attach the front fairing correctly, I'd like to take them off your hands! I bought a front fairing off ebay a while back, and now that my bike is in winter storage, I'd like to install the fairing. Let me know what's up!
CmichRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Here's the diagram of what you're looking at. clicky

The part you want is part 92150-1553 ($5.17). That's the bolt, which appears to be an M6 that is 18 mm long. Don't get any that are longer than that!

You're probably also going to want part number 92143-1226 ($7.29). That's the collar for the bolt.

check a local hardware store to see if you can get the bolt cheaper.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

The part you want is part 92150-1553 ($5.17). That's the bolt, which appears to be an M6 that is 18 mm long. Don't get any that are longer than that!
Yeah....I think I paid 7 cents each at Ace Hardware and True Value hardware.
Quote:
You're probably also going to want part number 92143-1226 ($7.29). That's the collar for the bolt.

check a local hardware store to see if you can get the bolt cheaper.
This could be trickier to buy...but you can make them yourself for pennies each if you have one. Find a washer the right size diameter. Just cover the one you have in vaseline, and press it into Bondo or putty or whatever to make a mold. Remove it when the bondo has set, drop in the washer, and pour in some epoxy. I do this kind of stuff all the time. Works great. I also cast rubber parts with hot glue.

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #4
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Here you go:..course, it doesn't help if you don't have one already. I might have a spare somewhere.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=93072

Old December 21st, 2011, 07:16 PM   #5
CmichRider
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
Here you go:..course, it doesn't help if you don't have one already. I might have a spare somewhere.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=93072
Isn't that for the rubber pieces the gas tank lays onto? I hadn't realized that the only extra bolts I needed are the ones that go "into" the gas tank. I don't have the side fairings, or the bottom, on the bike right now, so it's been a while really since I saw what was needed. I've been running nekkid for a while .

Thanks for the help though guys! I'll be sure to run out to the hardware store and grab a bolt that fits for cheap. I bought a blue fairing to go on a green bike...so one or the other, or both, will be painted. I'll post up some pictures once the project gets started!

Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

I was just explaining the process I use to cast stuff, if you wanted to make new collars.
Posted via Mobile Device
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:41 PM   #7
CmichRider
ninjette.org member

Ah I see. Seems pretty simple really, compared to how difficult you could have made it.