ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old March 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #1
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

"Hook" turn signals

I bought my bike in september and have recently started messing around with some custimization. I saw a video on youtube a few months ago and the guy had turn signals that looked like hooks. I know it will be hard to explain but if you took your finger and made a hook, then imagine that coming out and pointing right toward your knee from the turn signal mount. they were clear plastic with LEDs. for the life of me, I can't find them anywhere and now I can't even find the video to ask the guy directly. anyone seen anything like this?
kwykoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #2
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Dang, this was my first post in this forum and I was really hoping it would work out. No one has any ideas?

Old March 29th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #3
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Can't find anything that fits that...best idea I got is this:
Take arrow shaped turn signals and take a heat gun to them to bend it to shape you wanted.
I seen em do something like that on Orange County choppers to a straight LED taillight and shape it to fit in fender.

Not sure exactly how it would work.. I would probably buy a few sets to practice on @ $20 a pop
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Sig.../dp/B005VA740I
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #4
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

You can't really take just any LED signal and do that. It really needs to be made of a thermoplastic for that to be possible. then you have to consider the electronics. If it's all mounted on a chip that is the precise shape of the housing, you won't have much luck with heat.

As for the signal itself, I have no idea. I haven't heard/seen anything like it.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #5
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

I thought about trying that, but I'm pretty sure the stretch of bending them would haze the plastic (it's a pretty sharp bend I'm wanting) and it would pull the led's out of alignment.

Old March 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #6
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Hmmm was think of a slight bend to it, so it could be seen from the side better.
I got nothing else that would really work.
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Luvninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Gabriela

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250

I say you find the YouTube video and post it. Maybe then we would have more luck at finding it.
Luvninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #8
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

I would LOVE to find that video, I've been searching for it for a couple weeks. I swear as soon as I do find it it will go right in this thread. I really feel like if more ppl saw these they would want them too. I like flushmounts somewhat but these were way better looking, I think.

Old March 29th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #9
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Name: Katherine

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwykoff View Post
I would LOVE to find that video, I've been searching for it for a couple weeks. I swear as soon as I do find it it will go right in this thread. I really feel like if more ppl saw these they would want them too. I like flushmounts somewhat but these were way better looking, I think.
Do you have a youtube account? If so, did you watch the video while logged in? You can bring up your history and try to find it that way. Do you remember what kind of motorcycle it was? Try to remember things about the video that will help you google it.
Kstorm21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #10
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

These are kind of cool....

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old March 30th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #11
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstorm21 View Post
Do you have a youtube account? If so, did you watch the video while logged in? You can bring up your history and try to find it that way. Do you remember what kind of motorcycle it was? Try to remember things about the video that will help you google it.

I tried all of that, I wasn't signed in apparently. I wanna say it was a 2009 and was green. I'll keep searching until I find it because I'm set on getting them.

Old March 30th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #12
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwykoff View Post
I tried all of that, I wasn't signed in apparently. I wanna say it was a 2009 and was green. I'll keep searching until I find it because I'm set on getting them.
Oh, so it was a Ninja 250? Maybe you can sketch us something for a better idea of what it looks like.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:49 AM   #13
CalvinAmI
ninjette.org member

Name: CalvinAmI

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r [RED] & '06 Ninja 250 [WHITE]

I searched ebay for: hook led signals
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hook leds.jpg (57.5 KB, 7 views)
CalvinAmI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM   #14
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinAmI View Post
I searched ebay for: hook led signals
Intredasting. I'd love to get something like with a rubber, conformable base with the leads coming out of the inside of the hook so that I could mount them to the very front of the side fairing like the current 650R.

Edit:
The latest 650R, ZX6R, ZX10R, etc have those flush blinkers that occupy the front edge and side of the fairing. I'd want to use these similarly, but they don't look like they really light up on the side. Anyone have any lit side pics? The auctions all neglect that one shot! I hope the little stalk can be removed and the wire can be discretely routed behind.

Fitting them at the front of this fairing is what I want to do.
Note: There are no holes for regular blinkers. If I can't remove the stalk and route the wires underneath, I would be routing the wires from the front, where the stalks protruding toward the area in front of the radiator will just look weird.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 2nd, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote