ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 13th, 2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Name: Luis

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja 250, 2005 R6, 2002 Ducati Monster S4

Pregen Harness to track Harness... miss the track

Hey guys,

As if I don't have enough work to do on my bike while getting her ready for the track here is a new project....

I got a cheap $7.50 harness that seems in decent shape for this experiment; I still have the one I was using. The plan is to minimize this harness from turn signals, tail and head light and gauge cluster...and any other stuff if possible or recommended.

So when I have identified the wires, I will then
a) just cut and close/the wires not needed

or

b) open up the harness and get rid of unnecessary wires and then button her up with the appropriate heat wrap / wire wrap

I prefer method b.

Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2015, 08:11 PM   #2
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
To each their own, but what's the point of this? To save a few grams on weight? Try taking a dump before getting on the bike. It'll be more effective.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2015, 03:47 AM   #3
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
To each their own, but what's the point of this? To save a few grams on weight? Try taking a dump before getting on the bike. It'll be more effective.
LOL

not for weight... did not even think of that..
and yeah I take a dump before the beginning of the track day and also during lunch lol

to not have useless wires hanging out.. make the bike cleaner. The biggest obstacle to all these little projects is that I spend less time at the track but in the end the bike will be in excellent shape. I had not realized how mistreated she was from previous owner. She was safe to run but not clean how i like it.

Last futzed with by Qomomoko; May 14th, 2015 at 09:20 AM.

Old May 14th, 2015, 04:00 AM   #4
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

@Qomomoko with option b you're right

@MrAtom, if you really wanna save weight then you better take silver-wire (but with this option take care about your bank account)
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2015, 04:45 AM   #5
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Pics from friends to ID wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
@Qomomoko with option b you're right

@MrAtom, if you really wanna save weight then you better take silver-wire (but with this option take care about your bank account)
The branches with blue tape are needed and have been Identified
The branches in red tape are not needed but not completely identified
the branches without tape I hope to ID after a friend sends pics of his pregen and pics of connections to verify where they go..

Old May 14th, 2015, 09:15 AM   #6
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
I can appreciate that, then. Have fun! :-)
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2015, 03:19 PM   #7
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
http://imageshack.com/i/5hg1rep is a color wiring diagram (from the sticky at the top of this section). All you have to do is figure out which circuits you don't need anymore, and get rid of the appropriately-colored wires.

Based on the diagram, it looks like the PreGen's ignition switch doesn't have the Park mode, but it sort of looks like the bike is wired for it. Park adds some complexity to the system, so that some of the lighting circuits can also work when it's in P.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2015, 03:50 PM   #8
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
http://imageshack.com/i/5hg1rep is a color wiring diagram (from the sticky at the top of this section). All you have to do is figure out which circuits you don't need anymore, and get rid of the appropriately-colored wires.

Based on the diagram, it looks like the PreGen's ignition switch doesn't have the Park mode, but it sort of looks like the bike is wired for it. Park adds some complexity to the system, so that some of the lighting circuits can also work when it's in P.
thanks man..

awwwhh the link is not working lol