ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old August 11th, 2016, 01:58 PM   #1
WaffleTalk
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja EX250R

2009 EX250R Fairings

I got into an accident last night that has me needing new fairings. I was looking at some cheap ones on Ebay but I've heard stories about improper fitment and missing holes for bolts. I've also been told Kawasaki makes their OEM fairings incredibly hard to come by/expensive for whatever reason. Does anybody have any advice as to relatively good aftermarket fairings?

Some things I've been looking at:
http://www.extremefairings.com/kawas...c-260_261.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-ABS-In..._qi=RTM2247627

The first links seems to provide some better quality options, but also has a price increase.

Any advice is much appreciated!
WaffleTalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2016, 05:42 AM   #2
cobra94svt
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r

I've been looking at extreme fairing also. My right front is broke at the turn signal. My local Kawasaki dealer quoted me almost $400 for a red one that would take a week to get. Subscribing to see what you do.
cobra94svt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2016, 02:45 PM   #3
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

One way to kind of get around all this, and potentially painting is to contact @PartsNinja...He generally has a lot of odds and ends for Ninja's. Alwyas worth a try.

Old August 16th, 2016, 04:40 PM   #4
WaffleTalk
ninjette.org newbie

Thanks! I messaged him to see what he has.

To give more details, here are the specifics the parts I'm looking for:

COWLING,UPP (55028-0153-777)
COWLING,SIDE,LH (55053-5275-15R)
COWLING,SIDE,RH (55053-5276-15R)

These are the black/lime green fairings for the 2009 special edition (‘09 EX250K9FA).

Old August 16th, 2016, 04:50 PM   #5
WaffleTalk
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra94svt View Post
I've been looking at extreme fairing also. My right front is broke at the turn signal. My local Kawasaki dealer quoted me almost $400 for a red one that would take a week to get. Subscribing to see what you do.
I've been going over and over it in my head, reading/watching reviews and checking forums. It seems that aftermarket ABS fairings nowadays aren't that bad - you just have to be careful that the holes are pre drilled and it comes with heat shielding for the areas that get hot.

I went back to my mechanic to take another look at my bike, and it's definitely going to be rideable even without replacing the fairings - it just looks like it got a good smack. That being said, I don't think replacing the side fairings and upper cowling with OEM parts for ~$500 each is worth the price.

What I'm thinking now is that this might be a good opportunity to explore modding/customizing and to take this as a learning experience. I've been looking at the aftermarket for fairings and it seems as though that most outlets are selling the same kits - they are just different middleman business that deal with shipping things from the manufacturer to the company.

The two companies I keep coming back to are extremefairings and absfairings. They seem to sell the same kits but absfairings is based out of Florida and they actually answered my email in 12 hours vs extremefairings not answering me at all. They also have videos up on YouTube which helps speak to their willingness to be in the spotlight - which might be a simple marketing tactic or it might mean that the company actually has a good reputation.

I'm currently leaning towards buying a complete abs fairing aftermarket set, and then using plastidip on the tank to match the new color. It's a bit of a risk, but for the same price as ONE OEM fairing I can get an entire new look for my bike. Worth it? Who knows.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 16th, 2016, 08:44 PM   #6
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
All I know is the 09 se is a sweet ride!!!

No experience with fairings, but it sounds like you are on the right track!!!