ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old December 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #1
mapolley07
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 95 Kawasaki ex250f

pre-gen aftermarket exhaust

I would like to do something to make my bike sound a little less like a sewing machine. Just seeing if anyone has an aftermarket exhaust they'd like to get rid of

Slip-ons are fine, would love a 2-1 system though. Let me know what you've got
mapolley07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
if you're just looking for noise and aren't really worried about weight loss, I would suggest doing this and shimming, or going to the K&N R-0990 and rejetting. Both are cheaper, and personally, intake growl sounds better than exhaust noise in my opinion. Either way you go, you should at least shim the needles while you're at it. If you want a full system, hit up Kerry from Area P. They have great quality products and Kerry really takes his time to make sure that you get what you need.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

I got in on the area-P group buy a few months ago. I really like the exhaust, and it cuts the weight down a lot. It shoulds like a 2 stroke 4 wheeler, but its better than a sewing machine like you said. As for performance, cant really tell a difference. I think if I had to do it over again, I wouldnt have dished out the ~$500 for it, but thats just me.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #4
mapolley07
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
I got in on the area-P group buy a few months ago. I really like the exhaust, and it cuts the weight down a lot. It shoulds like a 2 stroke 4 wheeler, but its better than a sewing machine like you said. As for performance, cant really tell a difference. I think if I had to do it over again, I wouldnt have dished out the ~$500 for it, but thats just me.
Exactly. I want better sound and more ground clearance, but I'm not willing to pay that much for it. I will on the next bike, but not on this one that I only have about 1200 in with everything I've done to it plus purchase price

Old December 9th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #5
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

lol same here, I only have about 1100 on my 06. but then buy a $500 exhaust. Doesnt make much sense I know, but oh well. I plan on keeping the bike for a long time. And actually it improved my mpg a little bit as well.

Old December 9th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #6
mapolley07
ninjette.org member

If I spend money like that its either going into my car or toward a bigger bike. I love my 250, but I'm a big Guy and its a little weak for my weight. I'm planning on riding this thing a few thousand more miles, but with my size a bigger bike is necessary, especially if I want to do any distance riding.

Old December 9th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #7
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Thats understandable, so if you're just gonna ride it, say next season, then I'd just leave it as it is, gain some valuable experience, and sell it and make your money back. You could do little things like choneofakind said, and shim the needles, and cut the airbox. That'll be cheap and people have said they can tell a difference.

Old December 12th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Mikey408
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 ninja

i have an area p carbon fiber exhaust on my bike, I'm gonna be taking it off and selling it because I'm selling my bike. let me know if you would be interested
Mikey408 is offline   Reply With Quote