ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 28th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #1
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

New street boots

Hi. I have had a pair of street boots for the last several years: Alpinestars 'Stage' boots. They are a good-looking plain black: I hate racer boy graphics. These boots have a nice quality zipper closure, GoreTex liner, etc. They are very comfortable on the bike and not too bad for walking.

The boots are now getting to the end of their life and I am looking for something similar. From looking online it doesn't look like they make this particular model. I'm wondering if I should try another Alpinestars model, or go for something different.

Any recommendations for a street boot that has similar features?

Old April 28th, 2014, 09:42 AM   #2
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
If the google image search for your boots is givng me the right style, they look along the lines of my current boots, TourMaster Solution 2.0.

I have found them comfortable, bit cold in the dead of winter without some good socks on, haven't had the, through a summer yet. But has kept my feet dry in the rain.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Yarhj
ninjette.org member

Name: Will

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (2001)

I've been using the Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex boots, and I really like them. So far I've worn them from the high 30s to mid 80s (Fahrenheit), and they've been comfortable at all temperatures. I normally wear a size 8 in US sizes, and 41 in Euro sizes, and these boots fit true to size, and feel great on and off the bike. I haven't ridden through any significant rain yet, so I can't comment on how waterproof they really are, but they've worked fine in the light spritzings I've encountered so far.

All that said, they're a bit pricier than the Tourmaster boots NevadaWolf linked, and it looks like the only additional features you're getting for the money are an actual Gore-Tex membrane and the AlpineStars marketing team.
Yarhj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #4
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Thumbs up

thanks...

Old April 30th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #5
Skullz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

I have worn these all winter and have been dry and warm even down to some really cold temps with some merino wool socks, i am looking into getting another boot from them for summer riding that breathes more then the WP ones i have now.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-move-wp-boots
Skullz is offline   Reply With Quote