Closed Thread

Old July 14th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #201
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
I'm considering getting an F4i or an R6 as a track bike this winter if I feel like I'd be able to use enough of the bike to justify getting it rather than just using the 250 (if I total the 250 at the track then I'll definitely be in the market)

do you have a website or anything to see what you have? or would I just have to ask you if you have anything good at a good price when I'm looking for my next track bike
You'd have to ask. Incidentally I have both an f4i and an r6 but neither are ready.
Have a 2006 636 and a 2008 bmw f800st

Old July 14th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #202
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
This is my point,
well that's nice, but try and read into my point correctly instead of misreading and using it to prove a point about a group of people I never fit into.

Why am I trying to get him to think more before he blows a buttload on a SS? because 1) he's going to wad it. He's a noob. He has no idea what he's doing. He crashed in a parking garage and blamed the slick cement finish. and he knows the limits of his bike? right. pigs can fly, and We can telaport too. 2) he's going into college. I don't care what he's doing now that's legal to make money, he does NOT have enough money for a more expensive toy. He will NOT have time to ride it and be successful in college past freshman year.

I've never said the 250 is all you'll ever need. Never. I've never said that. Bigger bikes are a blast. Been there, done that, loved every minute. Will get a larger bike when I can afford it. Please note the self restraint here, not just falling into the instant gratification that brian wants to fulfill.

I've also not told him to rev it out every time he rides. Often, I never go above 8k. I ride twisties fast. I commute fast. I don't always do it at high rpms. Why? because it's calming and it's good practice to be fast without trying.

Finally, the informed decision part. We've tried. we've talked about the 650R, the SV650, the FZ-07, the FZ6R, etc etc in this thread. What's he set on? What gets him going? A SS. why? Because it's pretty. that's it. Not exactly the informed decision he could make.

I really don't give two ****'s about what he rides. In the end, it's always going to be his choice. I just am frustrated by his lack of reality, his constantly flawed logic, and his blind masshole stubborness. I'm all for fast bikes. I'm all for young guys getting out and enjoying some power to weight ratio. But I want that to be done with full knowledge of what situations he's putting himself into. He has NO CLUE what his current ride is capable of. He's a novice still. He. needs. more. experience. to learn valuable skills that will keep him alive when his balls overtake his brain in control of his right throttle hand during a ride.

Don't put me in a category with the 'the 250 is the best thing ever!' crowd. I'm all about riding what you like. But I'm even more about being technically proficient and skillful with what you have so you don't kill yourself just because the bike you ride looks sexy. That takes skill and experience; two things he doesn't have.

bueno?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #203
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiant View Post
*ahem* @thisisbenji - Maybe you'll understand why certain people are coming at him the way they are. Yes, they are excuses. He hasn't changed one bit, neither in maturity or riding skill. Some just ignore him or find him entertaining, in a train wreck sense.

Brian's timeline

1. Bought a bike, somewhere around November 2013

Post #7 "Cool I'm in no rush, I might be ordering an after-market pipe soon anyways, still deciding because it's not in season yet and I ride around in my basement so it would be better with the stock exhaust for now.

Post #9 "I live in an apartment building in the city so I can ride around my basement until I get me and everybody else high off the fumes. Then I usually just hop off my bike and go upstairs..

*Blames basement for his crash (of course it's not his fault!), wants to sue the owner of the building.

2. Doesn't take MSF class until around March 2014

Rides bike before getting MSF Endorsement.

Still riding without MSF Endorsement.

Plans on taking MSF now in the Spring.

3. Bikes are for showing off, I want to look stylish and loud pipes save lives! Awww yeahhhhhh!

Post #90 "As you can tell I want to remain in the stylish-ish gear with out being to race oriented in full leathers."
*He wants to look stylish, so he can look good showing off his motorcycle!

Post 107 "That's plenty of ankle... I've honestly looked through 6 different websites and can't find anything that looks relatively stylish in my price range except for these or maybe even these. Why are the boots so damn ugly?"
*Screw my ankle, I want to look stylish in my boots!! Wahh wahh, wahh!!

4. Watch my immaturity blossom like a beautiful budding flower!

Post 132 "I will change my ways!"
*Yep, suuuuure. *looks at this thread and continues to eat popcorn*

Post 139 "I already fell a lot doing other stuff man it's scary for sure and definitively deadly at 40+mph."
*I wonder what "stuff" that was?!?!

Post 142 *Yeah, yeah, I know accidents happen, but hey motorcycles are meant to look cool, damn it!

MOAR IMMATURITY!

NO LOGIC

5. Forum members, try to warn Brian

MOAR REASONS WHY PEOPLE GET ON HIS CASE!

AND MOAR!

6. *It's his first bike, he only has a little over 4 months experience, oh yeah and everyone on here doesn't have much experience either because they are on a 250 forum.

7. For thisisbenji

8. Wait, what? He just bashed people for their opinion on the Zero SR... now he posts his excitement for the Harley LiveWire?!?! Say it ain't so?!

* = my own commentary

I wish this would be something you could say to me in person with out mumbling. Looks like you just forwarded all your anger out on me for apparently no reason at all. Learn some respect. This is my thread and I've responded back to each of the recommendations with my honest opinion, you don't like it? Too bad, it's my opinion; take yours elsewhere if you don't want to give me any constructive criticism that will help me become a better rider. All you're doing is being a bully

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #204
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
^ more like pointing out that you've blatantly ignored all constructive criticism that has been offered, and by ignored it isn't meant that you didn't respond to it it's meant that your response shows that you aren't doing what is suggested when it is suggested for a variety of logical reasons.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #205
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
it's my party and...

... you get the point

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #206
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
^ more like pointing out that you've blatantly ignored all constructive criticism that has been offered, and by ignored it isn't meant that you didn't respond to it it's meant that your response shows that you aren't doing what is suggested when it is suggested for a variety of logical reasons.
Blatantly ignored?! I'm with thisisbenji. You guys are pushing me up against the wall because I dislike how a specific bike looks? I honestly don't care how illogical it is for me buy a supersport, I didn't buy my 250 because I had to, but instead because I wanted to. I enjoy riding so much, but I also want to be able to look back at my bike and say "Wow. Isn't she a beauty"... Motorcycles are extremely dangerous, I would rather have a freaking car if I cared about my logical commute, seriously.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #207
Skullz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Motorcycles are extremely dangerous

Riders are extremely dangerous!!!!!
The motorcycle is just the tool.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #208
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
If you knew what she was truly capable of, you'd love her for her character, not just her shallow good looks.

See my signature? Why do you think I love my ugly pregen so much? Because I only know part of what she can do an I'm already hooked. People look at my bike and can't figure out how I can stand her looks. I can't stop staring as I walk away.

It's about more than just the fairings.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #209
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
Riders are extremely dangerous!!!!!
The motorcycle is just the tool.
I'm talking about riding in general. If a car t-bones a motorcyclist rather and it was the car's fault, it had nothing to do with the rider's skill.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #210
Skullz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
I'm talking about riding in general. If a car t-bones a motorcyclist rather and it was the car's fault, it had nothing to do with the rider's skill.
What exactly did you learn in your MSF class?

Old July 14th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #211
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Quote:
I wish this would be something you could say to me in person with out mumbling. Looks like you just forwarded all your anger out on me for apparently no reason at all. Learn some respect. This is my thread and I've responded back to each of the recommendations with my honest opinion, you don't like it? Too bad, it's my opinion; take yours elsewhere if you don't want to give me any constructive criticism that will help me become a better rider. All you're doing is being a bully

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old July 14th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #212
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiant View Post

Closed Thread