ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 7th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #1
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eduardo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r special edition

Exclamation Has anyone had any problems with the DanMoto JISU exhaust??

:/ I will be replacing my DanMoto Carbon fiber GP exhaust with a Jisu. Since I've had problems with DM Carbon exhaust. I was considering the Jisu but want to know if anyone has had that burning issue or discoloration problem with it, before I go ahead make the switch.
NinjaBoyEddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Mine is turning slightly reddish-brown but no problems at all.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #3
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Mine is turning slightly reddish-brown but no problems at all.
Can you post picture I what's happening to your jisu?

Old July 7th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #4
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Just imagine black, with a slight red/brown tint only on the top part...kind of like black chrome:

xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #5
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

discolored paint, I'm guessing due to the silencer and use during my ERC course. I removed the silencer, no more discoloration since

Old July 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #6
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

I noticed mine has been discoloring as well.
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #7
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Wow. I didn't realize how bad the discoloring was. All in all, you get what you pay for. It doesn't bother me too much but it would be great for a replacement that stays the original color. I just sent an email in seeing what can be done. Hopefully it's safe to continue running it..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-07-09 19.09.39.jpg (77.6 KB, 25 views)

Old July 10th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #8
Skyfox16
ninjette.org member

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by broilmebk View Post
Wow. I didn't realize how bad the discoloring was. All in all, you get what you pay for. It doesn't bother me too much but it would be great for a replacement that stays the original color. I just sent an email in seeing what can be done. Hopefully it's safe to continue running it..
How long / how many miles has the exhaust been on your bike? I was thinking of getting this exhaust, but not if its going to turn like that.
Skyfox16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #9
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfox16 View Post
How long / how many miles has the exhaust been on your bike? I was thinking of getting this exhaust, but not if its going to turn like that.
It's been a month.

Old July 10th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #10
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Save the money, get a full exhaust with a long can. It will be less obnoxious, have a better tone, and perform better.

If you still want to spend the money right now, switch back the stock exhaust, ditch the airbox, and re-jet. See above statement for reasoning.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #11
cmSAE
ninjette.org member

Name: Connor

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

i have the same problems as stated above. ive only had mine for a month and its starting to get discolored. glad i saw this post and im not the only one with this problem. if it gets really bad, i think im going to go buy engine paint or grill paint. if that fails, its back to the old exhaust.
cmSAE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #12
cmSAE
ninjette.org member

Name: Connor

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...044#post527044
cmSAE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #13
ROADandTRACK
R&T Suspension

Name: K Hertell

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

M4, best performance for the $$$.

Stay away from the overseas homestyle stuff like DM,AP and some others. Heck even the Yosh kinda sucks compared to the M4.
ROADandTRACK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #14
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Save the money, get a full exhaust with a long can. It will be less obnoxious, have a better tone, and perform better.

If you still want to spend the money right now, switch back the stock exhaust, ditch the airbox, and re-jet. See above statement for reasoning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Save what money? If he wants to keep the exaust and have the like-new look all he has to spend is $5 of a can of hi-temp grill paint

Old July 17th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #15
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by edxmon View Post
Save what money? If he wants to keep the exaust and have the like-new look all he has to spend is $5 of a can of hi-temp grill paint
That stuff never works like promised. It peels and turns colors. OP was talking about buying a whole new can to replace the fading one. I suggested to save that $100ish and put it towards something that actually makes a difference. I've owned slipons; I know all that they produce is excess noises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBoyEddy View Post
:/ I will be replacing my DanMoto Carbon fiber GP exhaust with a Jisu. Since I've had problems with DM Carbon exhaust. I was considering the Jisu but want to know if anyone has had that burning issue or discoloration problem with it, before I go ahead make the switch.

Old July 17th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #16
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
That stuff never works like promised. It peels and turns colors. OP was talking about buying a whole new can to replace the fading one. I suggested to save that $100ish and put it towards something that actually makes a difference. I've owned slipons; I know all that they produce is excess noises.
I painter the header on my car in 2004, around the year I got it, with ceramic hitemp paint, still looks good, besides the baked in dust.

Old July 18th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #17
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
congratulations on getting good results with high temp paint edxmon.

I'm not sure why you're getting all upitty with me, but from my experience, high temp paint doesn't work but pod filters do. So I suggested that instead of replacing a cheap can with an equally cheap can, or painting the first cheap can, that the whole thing be replaced with a system that actually works and makes an actual improvement on how the bike performs. I'm not sure what's wrong with that suggestion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 18th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #18
ROADandTRACK
R&T Suspension

Name: K Hertell

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

I'm w/ CHONE.

Spend the money one time on quality stuff and you will see a vast performance improvement. Don't buy anything because of the sound it makes, with a good performaing pipe you will get a great sound.
ROADandTRACK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #19
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

I was going to replace it with a new replacement from DanMoto..
I'm saving money for better one. Yoshi or two bros.

Old July 19th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #20
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You know that for less money than a Two Brothers slip-on or a yoshi slip-on costs, you can get a full Tyga exhaust right? There is a legitimate improvement in performance when you switch to a full exhaust system. Changing to a slip-on can just makes the bike fart louder.

For real though, a full exhaust, snorkel delete, up a size on the main jets, and add 2 or3 washers to the needles, and you'll have a bike that rips and sounds amazing.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...a6bf6206817e55
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 19th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #21
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
congratulations on getting good results with high temp paint edxmon.

I'm not sure why you're getting all upitty with me, but from my experience, high temp paint doesn't work but pod filters do. So I suggested that instead of replacing a cheap can with an equally cheap can, or painting the first cheap can, that the whole thing be replaced with a system that actually works and makes an actual improvement on how the bike performs. I'm not sure what's wrong with that suggestion.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not being uppity with any one, you must be reading too much into it.

A Jisu runs $135 shipped, you suggestion implies "saving" the $5 for a can of high temp paint to buy a $300+ full system, plus jetting. Not much in net savings there.

Nothing wrong with your suggestion, but mine is an option just like yours. He already has this exhaust (slip-on), $5 isn't going to break the bank. Moreover, if he does take your suggestion and "saves the money" for a full system, painting the Jisu will only make it easier to sell and help offset the cost of whatever he decides to get.

And thanks, I'm glad my paint is still in good condition too.

Old July 19th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #22
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post
M4, best performance for the $$$.

Stay away from the overseas homestyle stuff like DM,AP and some others. Heck even the Yosh kinda sucks compared to the M4.
slip or full system?

Quote:
You know that for less money than a Two Brothers slip-on or a yoshi slip-on costs, you can get a full Tyga exhaust right? There is a legitimate improvement in performance when you switch to a full exhaust system. Changing to a slip-on can just makes the bike fart louder.

For real though, a full exhaust, snorkel delete, up a size on the main jets, and add 2 or3 washers to the needles, and you'll have a bike that rips and sounds amazing.

Posted via Mobile Device
how does tyga rate for the rest? their full system is like the price of a slip on.

Old July 21st, 2012, 12:41 PM   #23
NJ Ninjette
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Husky TE 250, 2002 KTM EXC 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
slip or full system?

how does tyga rate for the rest? their full system is like the price of a slip on.
I'm digging mine. The quality was good, install a snap, nice growl at idle, and my co-workers tell me it sounds awesome under power. I can feel the difference in power, especially merging onto the interstate or passing as it's night and day.

Old July 21st, 2012, 11:01 PM   #24
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
A Jisu runs $135 shipped, you suggestion implies "saving" the $5 for a can of high temp paint to buy a $300+ full system, plus jetting. Not much in net savings there.
Painting the can had not even been mentioned at the point when I made a valid suggestion; there is no way I could have implied that the $5 for paint should have been saved because paint hadn't been mentioned by the op or anyone in the thread at that point. The only way someone could have read into it the way you did is if they were intent on making a big deal out of nothing. And for what; the sense of accomplishment attained by upholding the honor of a can after it has been called cheap and inferior? Woah. That's totally worth your time.

Seriously, I don't understand the hate here. Get a full system and you'll never want to uphold another danmoto's honor. They just aren't worth the time or effort because all they do is make noise and showcase their low build quality.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:28 AM   #25
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Painting the can had not even been mentioned at the point when I made a valid suggestion; there is no way I could have implied that the $5 for paint should have been saved because paint hadn't been mentioned by the op or anyone in the thread at that point. The only way someone could have read into it the way you did is if they were intent on making a big deal out of nothing. And for what; the sense of accomplishment attained by upholding the honor of a can after it has been called cheap and inferior? Woah. That's totally worth your time.

Seriously, I don't understand the hate here. Get a full system and you'll never want to uphold another danmoto's honor. They just aren't worth the time or effort because all they do is make noise and showcase their low build quality.
Posted via Mobile Device
cmSAE mentioned paint in post 11, guess you missed that. My post backed his mention of high temp paint. Now you intend on guessing my intentions based on my past posts. Talk about reading into it. I'm just giving my opinion bud, I don't understand your fixation in finding malice any where in my comments.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:07 AM   #26
YMCMB
YMCMBillionaire

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R(Wrecked&Gone), 2004 Honda CBR1000RR (Trading back to dealer for 600cc)

I have a half off coupon for a TBR exhaust 50% off of the full system or a slip on any one of the types black series anything. Won on their fb site for the old Fan Of The Month they were doing.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:02 AM   #27
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
cmSAE mentioned paint in post 11, guess you missed that. My post backed his mention of high temp paint. Now you intend on guessing my intentions based on my past posts. Talk about reading into it. I'm just giving my opinion bud, I don't understand your fixation in finding malice any where in my comments.
yeah and look above post 11 to post 10. I posted before cmSAE. That means there's no possible way I could have implied anything about the paint because my suggestion was before the paint was even brought into this. That's my whole point. Your whole suggestion of me making a dumb implication is completely invalid because there's no possible way I could have implied about a post that didn't exist yet.

You went off on a tangent at me on a post made after I posted. That's why I'm finding malice in your posts. From my perspective, your tangent is unwarranted. He. Posted. After. I. Did. Then you went off on me about money and implications that I still cannot find in any of my posts in this thread.

If you're the one telling specific posts to go check out for reference, maybe you should check post #10, the one that you quoted without thinking. Last time I checked, 10 comes before 11. In fact, post 10 was made almost 10 hours before post 11, so there's REALLY no way I could have implied that. You just had paint on the mind and read it that way. Obviously you didn't think about it or we wouldn't be having this issue.

I repeat, there's no way I could have made a pointless and dumb suggestion of saving a tiny amount of money towards an expensive exhaust. I only suggested saving the money that was already considering being put towards a new can ($135) because it was actually a significant amount of money compared to both the suggestions I made.

Again, my post (post 10) was made almost 10 hours before the paint was even suggested the first time in post 11. You read into it with paint on the mind and went off on me.

This is pointless.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:24 AM   #28
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
yeah and look above post 11 to post 10. I posted before cmSAE. That means there's no possible way I could have implied anything about the paint because my suggestion was before the paint was even brought into this. That's my whole point. Your whole suggestion of me making a dumb implication is completely invalid because there's no possible way I could have implied about a post that didn't exist yet.

You went off on a tangent at me on a post made after I posted. That's why I'm finding malice in your posts. From my perspective, your tangent is unwarranted. He. Posted. After. I. Did. Then you went off on me about money and implications that I still cannot find in any of my posts in this thread.

If you're the one telling specific posts to go check out for reference, maybe you should check post #10, the one that you quoted without thinking. Last time I checked, 10 comes before 11. In fact, post 10 was made almost 10 hours before post 11, so there's REALLY no way I could have implied that. You just had paint on the mind and read it that way. Obviously you didn't think about it or we wouldn't be having this issue.

I repeat, there's no way I could have made a pointless and dumb suggestion of saving a tiny amount of money towards an expensive exhaust. I only suggested saving the money that was already considering being put towards a new can ($135) because it was actually a significant amount of money compared to both the suggestions I made.

Again, my post (post 10) was made almost 10 hours before the paint was even suggested the first time in post 11. You read into it with paint on the mind and went off on me.

This is pointless.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sincerely, didn't realize, and still don't think I "wen't off" on you. Forgive me for hurting your feelings.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:44 AM   #29
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

I saw a like new used yoshi pipe on cl in California a couple weeks back you should get on search tempest and pick one up for 100 bucks!
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:13 PM   #30
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
edxmon: accepted. I likely could have handled myself better and taken a breath.

NinjaBoyEddy: sorry for gunking up your thread and forcing you to sift through the crap for good information, there's been some good suggestions here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:36 PM   #31
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Went on there site looks like they are completely out on exhaust for 250r

Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM   #32
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

So I have no choice but to make due with the DM exhaust. I'm not going to spend money on another one they are going to replace for free meanwhile saving and looking for a full exhaust.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM   #33
DennyV
ninjette.org member

Name: Dennis

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

why not just keep the danmoto slip on and install it with the headers tyga sells?
DennyV is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:59 PM   #34
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyV View Post
why not just keep the danmoto slip on and install it with the headers tyga sells?
Did you do this?
And they seem to have nothing left for ninja 250r looks likeThere going out of buisness

Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:08 AM   #35
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
For real?? Sorry about the bum link then! I thought only tyga USA was backing away from the 250r. I thought international tyga was still up and running?

Hmm. Well if you have the money for an area p, Kerry is a good guy and is a member here and makes great products.

Other than that, keep checking on eBay religiously for systems; my Muzzy is a little roughed up, but not terrible. Only cost me 170ish + shipping and is a great addition to my bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:59 AM   #36
NJ Ninjette
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Husky TE 250, 2002 KTM EXC 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBoyEddy View Post
Did you do this?
And they seem to have nothing left for ninja 250r looks likeThere going out of buisness
Based on my email conversations with Matt @ TYGA, the new website, and their facebook page, it's actually the opposite and they are retooling the operation and expanding. It may be worth while to drop them a line and ask about what your looking for if your really inteterested.

Old September 4th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #37
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Many

Quote:
Based on my email conversations with Matt @ TYGA, the new website, and their facebook page, it's actually the opposite and they are retooling the operation and expanding. It may be worth while to drop them a line and ask about what your looking for if your really inteterested.
That is correct. we are working on a batch of Ninja pipes right now. We are also looking to increase our range of silencer types to include the infamous Moto Maggot and some other types so we are definitely here for the long run.
www.tyga-performance.com
tygapaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #38
toua70
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toua

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 and Gsx-R 750 k8 (out of commission)

What kind of problems? There's an article where they put a danmoto cf exhaust and a LeoVince exhaust on a gsxr 1000. After synopsis, everything was identical as far as HP gained

Old September 6th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #39
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^ That's because they're both slip-ons.

Slipons can only do so much.

Old September 6th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #40
toua70
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toua

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 and Gsx-R 750 k8 (out of commission)

Quote:
^^ That's because they're both slip-ons.

Slipons can only do so much.
well yeah.. you do have a point there. I like the DM exhaust though. Haven't had any problems with it.