ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old August 31st, 2017, 10:40 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - MO’s Top Five Reasons To Consider The New GSX250R

When I was invited to the 2018 Suzuki GSX250R introduction I had mixed feelings. I have only owned one personal motorcycle under 995cc. Small bikes just aren’t really my thing. While I have plenty of reasons for my bias, I was willing to go into this bike launch with an open mind and I am glad I did. This lightweight bike was tons of fun.

One: Looks matter

In the 250 class motorcycles really aren’t performance driven. To some, of course, they may be, but most buyers just want an affordable bike that looks great and that they can be proud to ride. The new 2018 Suzuki GSX250R harkens back to the days of the Katana in multiple ways: the fact that the GSX250R is designed to be the “everyday sportbike” and the importance of iconic design. To me personally, it is by far the best looking bike in the class.

Two: LCD Display

The little Suzuki has a fantastic backlit LCD Display that, upon flipping the key to start, gives a fun “READY” then “GO”. The display also includes service interval indicators, tachometer, gear selection, fuel level, and trip meters. A lot of info for a $4,499 motorcycle.

Three: Stability & Comfort

The GSX250R suspension is what I would call plush, it remained comfortable and compliant without bottoming-out on our sporty test loop. It’s no GSX-R1000R, but given the price and mission, its suspension performed admirably. This is an everyday sportbike, an entry-level machine to introduce people to motorcycling in an unintimidating way. The KYB fork and single rear shock soak up bumps without jarring the rider’s spine which is a*welcome comfort. Sure, those performance oriented folks may want stiffer suspenders in the twisty, bumpy stuff but the GSX250R’s suspension offers an all-around great ride.

Four: Affordable

With a $4,499 MSRP, Suzuki’s small displacement sportbike comes in right on par or even $500 less than some rivals in the category. Not only is the price reasonable, but with a claimed 78 mpg and a four-gallon tank, you may not need to fill up for weeks.

Five: Fit & Finish

Building bikes in this price range requires sacrifices to be made in some places, so components and parts can end up bearing the brunt of cost saving measures. That is hardly the case with the GSX250R. The bike feels incredibly well put together with nice components, exceptional styling and feel that might even make you proud to say there is a Suzuki GSX250R in your garage.

MO’s Top Five Reasons To Consider The New GSX250R appeared first on Motorcycle.com.

Click here for full story...