ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:17 PM   #1
takumidesh
ninjette.org member

Name: Adrian

Motorcycle(s): ex250r '07

orthographic (blueprint) diagrams of the 250?

I was wondering if they existed somewhere? I am learning cad and drafting and I wanted to practice with the ninjette.
takumidesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:21 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i have seen them so i know they exist but i can't find them. sorry. maybe they were in the manual?

Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:24 PM   #3
takumidesh
ninjette.org member

I thought maybe in the manual but probably not, i know the 250 faq has diagrams but I am looking for this style

Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:32 PM   #4
jenkem
ninjette.org member

Name: really

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250

that would actually be super cool.
I doubt you'd be able to find one with actual values that could be used for replicating the bike though, unless an engineer from Kawasaki slipped them to the internet or someone else with way to much free time actually broke the bike down, measuring and modelling everything.

although, breaking the bike down and modeling everything would be super impressive. Can you imagine turning that in as extra credit or for some kind of assignment.
jenkem is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:38 PM   #5
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
You mean like this?

ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:58 PM   #6
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 06:03 PM   #7
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

In 1964 I was studying mechanical drawing.
I wrote to Harley Davidson, in handwriting. A month later a received a tube in the mail with top, side, front views. Not a projection , but it was a work of art anyway. You gotta know how to ask for things. Kawi can prob be coaxed to send you a pdf.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2014, 09:03 PM   #8
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumidesh View Post
I was wondering if they existed somewhere? I am learning cad and drafting and I wanted to practice with the ninjette.
Welcome, Adrian !!!

Almost every part of our bikes has some irregular surface or shape that will make your drawings more difficult.

Try simply machined engine parts like the ones in the transmission and clutch first.
Some parts of the front and rear suspensions, as well as brakes can be good subjects as well.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #9
takumidesh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post

Try simply machined engine parts like the ones in the transmission and clutch first.
Some parts of the front and rear suspensions, as well as brakes can be good subjects as well.
Yea that is what I was hoping to use, the issue is that since my bike has a lot of miles on it, almost all the parts are not in the original shape. my class requires measurements to be accurate within 1/16th of an inch. I am sure they exist somewhere, but I will probably have to ask a machine shop somewhere and I doubt they would give it up. the stuff is guarded so no one can make their own equipment but someone has to have them somewhere. my extensive googling has led me nowhere. aww well, i guess i will just use the default squares and circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Welcome, Adrian !!!
Thanks!!

Last futzed with by takumidesh; October 24th, 2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added a thanks.

Old October 25th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #10
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumidesh View Post
Yea that is what I was hoping to use, the issue is that since my bike has a lot of miles on it, almost all the parts are not in the original shape. my class requires measurements to be accurate within 1/16th of an inch............ aww well, i guess i will just use the default squares and circles
Don't give up!
You want to learn; completing an assignment without challenge means little.

Google will help you if you search for motorcycle individual parts rather than assembly drawings.

As the pictures below show, some parts are easier to represent orthographically.

Your Ninja 250 was built following specifications in the Metric system of units; hence, any dimension should be in millimeters.
Any part of your bike is good to represent; none has reduced its original dimensions beyond 1.5875 mm, which is 1/16 inch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system

Select a part of your bike that is easy to remove, easy to measure with a cheap caliper (Harbor Freight is your friend) and with simple planes, lines and circles that are simple to represent orthographically; for example, the plug for refilling oil or the CCT cover (cam chain tensioner).

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...sult?q=caliper

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote