ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old April 10th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #1
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Name: Abhijit

Motorcycle(s): Many Two Wheels ..

Exciting opportunity for CVMA and AFM racers from Team EKR [Eric Kondo Racing]

Team EKR (Eric Kondo Racing) and QstarZ are pleased to announce their partnership in data logging and laptime analysis using QstarZ's flagship product LT-Q6000

The partnership would like to extend an exciting offer to CVMA and AFM members. We have worked out with QstarZ on a 20% discount program for novice and expert racers. Racers are required to provide a photocopy of their license and need to run 2 stickers on their motorcycle.

Please contact EKR [info@erickondoracing.com] for the coupon code. You can also contact Eric "Kazman" Kondo or myself here for the coupon code and order procedure.

The LT-Q6000 GPS laptimer yields valuable data which can be overlayed with on-track video. Integrations are possible with Dashware and Adobe Premiere showing acceleration and braking. On-Track review of the product would soon be available on EKR website.

Please visit EKR's redesigned website at : www.erickondoracing.com

Information about QstarZ LT-6000 can be obtained at : http://racing.qstarz.com/Products/LT-Q6000.html
[ex-AFM #828 | SMUSA #828 |
Sponsors : MotionPro | LeoVince | Insurrection Racing Gloves | QstarZ Laptimers
+ OEM Parts @ 30-40% OFF : Harry @ 1-877-437-1631,17 harry@hondaeasttoledo.com

Last futzed with by abhijitz; April 14th, 2014 at 08:07 PM.
abhijitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2014, 06:36 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Looks like quite a neat gadget!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #3
JBinSD
ninjette.org guru

Name: Joel

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300, '99 SV650 tracked

Anyone know the cost of these? Does the data-logging have gear positioning and GPS-specific track positioning, ie exact raceline imaging? Not sure if it has all the sensoring that other products have, but could be interesting if its cost-effective. . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #4
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Name: Abhijit

Motorcycle(s): Many Two Wheels ..

These go anywhere between 400$ - 450$ on ebay or amazon. We are working with the direct US QstarZ counterpart on this partnership.

Unfortunately, the QstarZ do not have any inputs for sensors such as gear position, throttle, brake pressure or suspension. The units relies on GPS data and collects samples at a very fast rate.

The G-meter data is more effective for cars but can be used as a tool to co-relate with lean and mid-corner or exit-corner speeds.

Here are some key features :

1. Braking and acceleration zones
2. Overlay laps with Google maps of the track
3. Hot Lap vs Cold Lap, Fast Lap vs Slow Lap indicated by Green flash or Red flash on unit .. [very helpful, when passing Start/Finish]
4. Overlay video in the new software revision [though integration with Dashware is still popular]
5. Replay of laps and speeds at various traps [such as mid-corner, exit-corner, etc]

We will have some on-board reviews on the website soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Anyone know the cost of these? Does the data-logging have gear positioning and GPS-specific track positioning, ie exact raceline imaging? Not sure if it has all the sensoring that other products have, but could be interesting if its cost-effective. . .
[ex-AFM #828 | SMUSA #828 |
Sponsors : MotionPro | LeoVince | Insurrection Racing Gloves | QstarZ Laptimers
+ OEM Parts @ 30-40% OFF : Harry @ 1-877-437-1631,17 harry@hondaeasttoledo.com

Last futzed with by abhijitz; April 14th, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
abhijitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #5
shane liberty
ninjette.org member

Name: Shane

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

How much monies do I get off if I just make a sex tape with my wife and we put your logo in the bottom right corner?

Seriously….. 20%? Give me a break.
shane liberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:06 AM   #6
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane liberty View Post
How much monies do I get off if I just make a sex tape with my wife and we put your logo in the bottom right corner?

Seriously….. 20%? Give me a break.

Shane, out of respect for the wife whom is an , you would probably be better served to not have yourself in the video. If you truly want to be in the video it's +25% for as we all know, what has been seen, cannot be unseen.

For everyone else, I am currently finishing up a review as I put this device through some testing. However, what I found very interesting and could be a great tool, was that although no attachments for throttle/brake are available, the G-force meter was accurate enough to pick up acceleration and deceleration through the coners (defined by line width) and at the Buttonwillow round I could see where I was coasting or applying maintenance throttle. You can also compare 3 laps against each other with splits and that was neat to take my 3 fastest times and see where I was faster, slower, or inconsistent.

Again, there will be a full review shortly, but for the price point, it's a very solid device and not only will improve my racing, but at yesterdays track day with Z2 at Thunderhill, it became a great coaching device as I could see where my students were inconsistent and/or showed improvements. So I am buying more mounts so I can have this unit on every bike I use at a track.

And thanks for looking everyone! Very much appreciated as we begin our next phase of motorcycle life after racing.
KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.