World Class Ninja

Name: Rusty

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250, 96 VFR750, 79 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Wuss. Just ride faster.

I'll just leave this here
Motorcycles on Water YouTube

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old October 14th, 2014, 08:17 AM   #42
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustitution View Post
@Racer x that is some clutch advice right there. I would like to tackle the event as a participant just to say I did it. And that is good advice for the TT a nice 2 week vacation on a beautiful Scottish island.
My wife and I visited Ireland in May 2013. One of our tour guide's parents own a pub right along the TT route. They said we can come stay upstairs in the pub anytime we want.
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #43
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
@Racer x that is some clutch advice right there. I would like to tackle the event as a participant just to say I did it. And that is good advice for the TT a nice 2 week vacation on a beautiful Scottish island.

@Ducati999 that looks like a nice beautiful road do you think it would be better even later in the year july august time?
Rusty.
When we were up in NH was several years ago. The snow was from a mid spring/early summer storm but I dont think that is the norm.Temps were nice while we were riding so I think July would be great but the raging river will be more of a trickiling brook the later you go after the snow melts! Really beautiful road with lots of big boulders and a nice curvy bit of highway. We actually rode thru some low clouds which made the trip so memorable. Let me know if you plan a trip up as we may be willing to head up and ride with you.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #44
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Isle de man
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2014, 08:56 AM   #45
chrly
ninjette.org member

Name: Charley

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Kawasaki EX300 , 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1200.

Beartooth Highway on the NE side of Yellowstone is worth the trip...Climbs to almost 11000 ft..

chrly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 20th, 2014, 07:44 AM   #46
Rustitution
World Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrly View Post
Beartooth Highway on the NE side of Yellowstone is worth the trip...Climbs to almost 11000 ft..

wow that is one gorgeous view. put that on the list with pikes peak.

Old October 20th, 2014, 08:20 AM   #47
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

Quote:
wow that is one gorgeous view. put that on the list with pikes peak.
The road going through Rocky Mountain national park has similar views. Absolutely breathtaking. There's usually too much traffic to really have fun on the roads, but it's worth it for the scenery.

I have some video from my trip through there a few years ago.

If you go that way, let me know. I can get you a screamin' deal on a timeshare in Estes Park. (we are owners there.)
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 20th, 2014, 08:39 AM   #48
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Devil's Tail

A ride I have heard a lot about and want to experience is the Hell's Canyon ride in Oregon. Otherwise known as Devil's Tail. Great name. Supposed to be an epic ride.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/19...vils-Tail.html
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 20th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #49
Rustitution
World Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
The road going through Rocky Mountain national park has similar views. Absolutely breathtaking. There's usually too much traffic to really have fun on the roads, but it's worth it for the scenery.

I have some video from my trip through there a few years ago.

If you go that way, let me know. I can get you a screamin' deal on a timeshare in Estes Park. (we are owners there.)
I will totally keep you in mind if i make my way out that way

Old October 20th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #50
APEmike
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300

Its hard to form a bucket list of roads to visit when you live in SoCal... No matter where you live, an hour or less gets you to an epic road. There is Woodford-Tehachapi road 5 minutes from me. 8 minutes of awesomeness that brings you by the world famous Tehachapi Loop. Then there is Caliente-Bodfish road, a.k.a. Lion's Trail. A back way in to Lake Isabella that is nothing but miles and miles of esses, switchbacks, and hairpins... An hour south of me there is Angeles Crest Highway (highway 2), Angeles forrest Highway, Big Tejunga, Little Tejunga, Escondito canyon, Soldad Canyon, Castaic Lake Rd, Azusa highway 39, Glendora Mountain Road/Glendora Ridge Road... 2 hours away are the too many to be named roads above Malibu, and of course Pacific Coast Highway (highway 1). Thats just within 2 hours or so of my house... Same range finds Buttonwillow Raceway, Fontana, and within walking distance of where I work, Willow Springs Raceway. 3.5ish hours gets your to Chuckwalla, 4 Gets you to Laguna Seca. 6 gets you to Infineon...
APEmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 20th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #51
Rustitution
World Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by APEmike View Post
Its hard to form a bucket list of roads to visit when you live in SoCal... No matter where you live, an hour or less gets you to an epic road. There is Woodford-Tehachapi road 5 minutes from me. 8 minutes of awesomeness that brings you by the world famous Tehachapi Loop. Then there is Caliente-Bodfish road, a.k.a. Lion's Trail. A back way in to Lake Isabella that is nothing but miles and miles of esses, switchbacks, and hairpins... An hour south of me there is Angeles Crest Highway (highway 2), Angeles forrest Highway, Big Tejunga, Little Tejunga, Escondito canyon, Soldad Canyon, Castaic Lake Rd, Azusa highway 39, Glendora Mountain Road/Glendora Ridge Road... 2 hours away are the too many to be named roads above Malibu, and of course Pacific Coast Highway (highway 1). Thats just within 2 hours or so of my house... Same range finds Buttonwillow Raceway, Fontana, and within walking distance of where I work, Willow Springs Raceway. 3.5ish hours gets your to Chuckwalla, 4 Gets you to Laguna Seca. 6 gets you to Infineon...
oh how jealous am I yes we have some great roads out near me but you have some great tracks I have NJMP, thats 2 hours, 3 hours gets you to pocono Raceway, and 7 hours gets you to summit or VIR. although I have some good ones near me you sir are spoiled

Old October 20th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #52
Tigerpaw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 '09 Boulevard C50. '08 250r(TOTALED BY DEER)

I want to ride coast to coast, or even the lower 48. Taking my time seeing the sights.

Old October 24th, 2014, 09:09 AM   #53
APEmike
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300

Rustitution, I am a bit jealous of that. VIR looks like a real HOOT!! One day I hope to visit several east coast tracks.
APEmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #54
Rustitution
World Class Ninja

I've done VIR in an ariel Atom and it was a lot of fun, I like watkins glen in NY I've done that in a car as well, neither have I dont on two wheels

Old October 24th, 2014, 01:54 PM   #55
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote