ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #1
BlueDragon
Certifiably Awkward

Name: Ashley

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Kiosk Parking

Does anyone have experience parking your bike at a kiosk in the city? The area I am in doesn't have designated motorcycle kiosk parking spots so I want to just park where other cars do. My concern is where I should put the ticket that shows when I paid for parking. I don't want it to blow away, or worse, have some cheap car driver take it from my bike and place it in their car, causing me to get a ticket. What do other riders do if they use the kiosk spots at all?

Old October 27th, 2014, 10:34 AM   #2
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Not all cities have the same rules, here's what I do in Portland, OR.

The BS part of this city is that every motorcycle has to pay, even if you jam six into one parking spot, all six have to pay at the same rate as a car. Utter crap, but it is what it is.

I wedge the ticket between the seat and the gas tank, then I take a couple pictures. One close up of the ticket that clearly shows all the text, and a wider one that includes the license plate. If somebody jacks the ticket, I can show the city that I paid. I actually called them and asked about it and this is what they told me to do.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 29th, 2014, 09:40 AM   #3
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2015 Vespa GTS 300 IE Super, 1989 Honda Elite 80 (SOLD)

In Chicago ours are stickers and you're supposed to write your plate number on it and stick it to your windshield. I usually half-stick it to the spot underneath the windscreen when I absolutely have to park in pay parking. Most of the time I'm able to find a free spot.

Check out my music at http://www.proteusmusic.com
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote