ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old October 29th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #41
JosueDG
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Kawi Ninja 300

I've got roughly 17k on mine. It sounds and feels perfectly fine to my amateur motorcycle mechanic skills.
JosueDG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2017, 05:23 AM   #42
Norway
ninjette.org member

Name: S n 0 r r £
Location: Stjoerdal, Norway (San Diego, CA, USA, 2015-2016 , Bielefeld, Nordrhein Westfalen,Germany 2021-'22)

Motorcycle(s): TMZ 5.952 "Tula" 200, Ninja 250 -Special ed. '11, ZZR 1400 (ZX14), Honda CB 1100 F Super Bol D'or

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREY NINJA View Post
How many miles do you have on your ninja now? Be honest-----I'm at 6454 miles
Almost 25 000 miles (39800 km) on my 250R, bought in Februar 2012.

Saw one that had 62 000 miles at one point in time, here: http://thesundaybe.st/
Norway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2017, 08:33 AM   #43
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
I'm currently at ~27000 miles on my 2011 250R and I'm not gentle with it. Still runs beautifully!

Old May 2nd, 2017, 08:45 AM   #44
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
25,300 right now on my 2011. All trouble free, too. I'd say the bike is very high mileage friendly.
I sold that bike I mentioned in this old post with 34k miles on the odo. Rode it for nearly 4 yrs without issue.
Lil_Green_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2017, 08:56 AM   #45
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
I sold that bike I mentioned in this old post with 34k miles on the odo. Rode it for nearly 4 yrs without issue.
Hey! I have the same fairings as you had. I guess that means that mine will keep going strong until at least 34k too. I hear the black ninjas start conking-out around 30k.

Old May 2nd, 2017, 09:09 AM   #46
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
What kills most vehicles (and machines of all kinds) isn't use.

It's neglect.

Bad things people do:
- Park it outside where the weather can get to it.
- Stuff it in the back of a shed where critters can get to it.
- Ignore basic maintenance, or do a half-a$$ed job.
- Fail to winterize/store properly. (fuel, battery)
- Fail to keep it clean.
- Fail to replace rubber/vinyl parts as they age and oxidize.
- FAIL TO USE IT

I've never run a bike to truly high mileage, but I routinely do it with cars. The record-holder was a 1989 Honda Civic that I drove to 254,000 miles (on the original clutch!) and sold only because my father passed and left me enough money to buy a new car.

My current car (2008 Honda Fit) has 169,000 on it and I fully expect to get at least another 100k out of it, because I do the maintenance and drive it pretty much daily.

Anything more than 10 years old, low mileage isn't a plus. It's a warning sign.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 12:05 PM   #47
psykown
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 "sold" 2014 ninja 300 "Gold" 2000 DRZ400S (Sold the POS) K7 GSXR600 (Also POS...see a pattern?

42k on my 2014 300. Only issue has been a bad stator. This includes plenty of off roading in places she wasn't designed to

Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:59 PM   #48
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Hey! I have the same fairings as you had. I guess that means that mine will keep going strong until at least 34k too. I hear the black ninjas start conking-out around 30k.

That's an old pic. That bike was involved in a hit & run crash and I replaced those fairings with the white & green ones that were on the 2010 Ninjas.
Lil_Green_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2017, 09:41 PM   #49
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
These bikes will last forever, unless you are @Trailerboy531...

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2017, 03:24 AM   #50
StuntPuppy
ninjette.org member

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r SE, 02 CBR600F4i

Mine had about 18k when I bought her in February 2013, 33k when I took my dash and fairings off in spring 2015. I'd assume she has around 40k now, maybe a little less, and she runs just as strong as the day I bought her. Not sure if she's ever had a valve adjustment, previous owner may have, but I never have, just oil changes and fluid top ups. No major mechanical issues other than ones I caused by crashing or going down. Something tells me it might be about time to start looking at a new set of clutch disks, but that's more paranoia than anything, as I haven't actually noticed any issue at all. I even do wheelies and have no issue. She doesn't particularly like it if I try and do a burnout, but these bikes aren't exactly known for an ability to light up the rear tire (though fully capable!)

In my experience, many consider ~30k "high mileage" for any bike, which is ridiculous to me. I'm going to see if I can't milk 100k or more out of my girl. I'll ride her until she dies or I die. Presumably the former will come first, and then I'll replace the engine or do a total rebuild and ride her another 100k. I LOVE this bike.
StuntPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #51
ninjala
ninjette.org member

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

I got about 63,000 miles on my 2008 ninja 250. Still running well.
ninjala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2017, 04:14 PM   #52
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
All well-made water cooled bikes are good for six-figure mileage.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 16th, 2018, 06:37 PM   #53
OhioGuy82
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Triumph Daytona 675, Yahama FZR600R, Honda XL350, Honda Grom, Honda CRF250L Rally

My 2011 hit 13k today.
Maintenance by the book.
2k OCI’s
Replaced groundwire assembly, thermostat, carbs rebuilt(long winter) brake pads and tires.
so far. Going to give it to a family member when it hits 30k.
OhioGuy82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2018, 07:46 PM   #54
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome Brett, make an intro thread in the new members section!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2018, 06:37 AM   #55
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I had an 88 with 138000 miles. The engine was replaced. Then I redid a bunch of stuff and VaFish has it now. Probably still going.

Old September 18th, 2018, 06:30 PM   #56
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
I had an 88 with 138000 miles. The engine was replaced. Then I redid a bunch of stuff and VaFish has it now. Probably still going.
Racer X: You are a collector of extraordinarily big numbers.

Old September 18th, 2018, 06:49 PM   #57
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Not really
I got
The bike from the original owner after it broke down . I fixed it and was going to ride is befor I sold it.

Old September 26th, 2018, 03:47 PM   #58
Norway
ninjette.org member

Location: Stjoerdal, Norway (San Diego, CA, USA, 2015-2016 , Bielefeld, Nordrhein Westfalen,Germany 2021-'22)

Motorcycle(s): TMZ 5.952 "Tula" 200, Ninja 250 -Special ed. '11, ZZR 1400 (ZX14), Honda CB 1100 F Super Bol D'or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norway View Post
Almost 25 000 miles (39800 km) on my 250R, bought in Februar 2012.

Saw one that had 62 000 miles at one point in time, here: http://thesundaybe.st/
It has now become almost 55 000 kms for my 250R, almost 35 000 miles.
Regularly serviced. Brake pads, tires, chain and sprockets and a couple of lightbulbs were replaced. That's all. Leaking fork seals were twice cured by using the SealMate tool. Fixed the problem for a few dollars.
No real problems with the bike. Impressing, when one compare it to certaion other (non japanese) brands.

Old September 27th, 2018, 11:23 AM   #59
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
The bike is probably still going, but I don't have it anymore. It went off to a new owner about a year ago.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2018, 01:08 PM   #60
Buzzerd
ninjette.org member

Name: Curtis

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

Newbie but longtime Ninjette rider here. Hey Everyone!

I will hit 69000 mile this week on my 2000 EX250R. Bought it with only 600 on it and has been my regular commuter for over 11 years. Original engine with oil changes every 5000 miles (Shell Rotella). It has been very reliable but not without hiccups - ignition module, 4 sprocket/chains replacements, chain tensioner, speedo cable, throttle/clutch cables and one exhaust valve that is getting tight (not sure what to do about this since the adjustment is now maxed out). I am not sure how many more miles but I am going to keep going...
Cheers!

Buzzerd
Buzzerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2018, 05:38 PM   #61
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Welcome, Curtis!
Bet you've gone through a few tires, too!
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2018, 10:47 PM   #62
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzerd View Post
Newbie but longtime Ninjette rider here. Hey Everyone!

I will hit 69000 mile this week on my 2000 EX250R. Bought it with only 600 on it and has been my regular commuter for over 11 years. Original engine with oil changes every 5000 miles (Shell Rotella). It has been very reliable but not without hiccups - ignition module, 4 sprocket/chains replacements, chain tensioner, speedo cable, throttle/clutch cables and one exhaust valve that is getting tight (not sure what to do about this since the adjustment is now maxed out). I am not sure how many more miles but I am going to keep going...
Cheers!

Buzzerd
Your mention of having an exhaust valve that is maxed out on adjustment reminded me of something I've wondered about.

While doing valve adjustments on my '05 EX250 I've looked at the rocker arm assembly and thought about what I might be able to do if one of my valves ever reached the limits of its adjustment. I haven't gotten to this point yet but I've wondered if you could re-grind the "ball end" of the adjustment screw on the rocker arm to take a little off the top of it, preserving the rounded profile while grinding it, then re-polish the new lower profile to original smoothness.

When you reinstalled it in the head there would be more clearance adjustment available. Sure would beat removing the entire head to replace the valve.

Another thought would be to wonder if you could take a bit of material off the underside of the rocker arm itself, so the adjustment screw could move further upward.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2018, 06:33 AM   #63
Buzzerd
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj13 View Post
Welcome, Curtis!
Bet you've gone through a few tires, too!
On my fourth set now. I have settled on the Kenda K671 as a good commuter tire.

Old October 4th, 2018, 06:43 AM   #64
Buzzerd
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
Your mention of having an exhaust valve that is maxed out on adjustment reminded me of something I've wondered about.

While doing valve adjustments on my '05 EX250 I've looked at the rocker arm assembly and thought about what I might be able to do if one of my valves ever reached the limits of its adjustment. I haven't gotten to this point yet but I've wondered if you could re-grind the "ball end" of the adjustment screw on the rocker arm to take a little off the top of it, preserving the rounded profile while grinding it, then re-polish the new lower profile to original smoothness.

When you reinstalled it in the head there would be more clearance adjustment available. Sure would beat removing the entire head to replace the valve.

Another thought would be to wonder if you could take a bit of material off the underside of the rocker arm itself, so the adjustment screw could move further upward.
Taking material off of the rocker arm would still leave the adjustment close to maxed out. I might look at shaving a few thousandths of the end of the valve stem if it looks like it might become an issue. The gap is tight now so it may only a matter of time before the valve doesn't fully close. Of course I would rather fix it correctly by replacing the valve and maybe freshen things up a bit while it is apart.

Old October 4th, 2018, 08:19 AM   #65
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Taking material off of the rocker arm would still leave the adjustment close to maxed out. I might look at shaving a few thousandths of the end of the valve stem if it looks like it might become an issue. The gap is tight now so it may only a matter of time before the valve doesn't fully close. Of course I would rather fix it correctly by replacing the valve and maybe freshen things up a bit while it is apart.
As I understand it, sometimes the valve seats will recess into the head. Would that explain your situation?

There is a thread here somewhere where a employee of APE chimed-in on the subject.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2018, 08:52 AM   #66
greg737
-

Quote:
Yes, I was just pointing to the fact that there are two very different paths you might follow in dealing with this issue:

Path 1. try to gain some adjustment without taking the head off the engine.

Path 2. give in and go ahead and remove the head from the engine from the bike for either a quick fix on the single bad valve or to perform a complete refurbishment (most people won't/can't go to this level of effort)

So things like shaving the bottom of the rocker arm and/or re-profiling the adjuster ball-end fall into the much easier "don't remove the head" category which puts you back to riding pretty quickly, while things like shaving off a bit of the valve stem end falls into the much more difficult "go ahead and remove the head" category.

"Shaving a few thousandths off the end of the valve stem" would require removing the valve from the head, which would mean first removing the head from the engine, which, if you're going to go that far why not just order a new valve from a parts supplier?

Your last sentence:
Quote:
Of course I would rather fix it correctly by replacing the valve and maybe freshen things up a bit while it is apart.
Indicates you are willing and able (tools, time, skills) to remove the engine's top end to perform a refurbishment. Most EX250 riders are not prepared/willing to do this level of maintenance.

Most EX250 guys will simply purchase an entire low-miles replacement engine off of Ebay (or similar web sales point). This is because the EX250 is a very high production volume, low-cost, entry-level bike, there exists a great availability of parts from "parted-out" bikes. So treating the EX250 engine as a "disposable" and "remove-and-replace" item often makes more sense than putting in the effort to rebuild. And in your case you might be able to upgrade from a high-miles 2000 year-model engine to a low-miles 2007 engine (this is the path most EX250 guys would take).

They say that the quality of the metallurgical work in both the composition of the metal alloys and the casting of EX250 engine structures improved as the years went by, meaning that later year-model engines were much less likely to undergo valve seat recession.

Old October 4th, 2018, 09:25 AM   #67
Buzzerd
ninjette.org member

I really appreciate everyones input.
What makes this valve situation interesting is that the other valves have plenty of adjustment left.
As jkv45 suggested, I suspect the seat is becoming recessed into the head. My thought of shaving the end of the valve would be to remove the rocker arm, cover everything and carefully remove material above the keepers with the valve in place. I have no idea if this is actually possible without causing more problems. End the end, an engine swap may be the best way to go rather than just rebuilding the cylinder head.

Edit: Looking at some images of the cam rocker assembly it would be difficult but not impossible to do this. I am not in a hurry to remove cams though.

To top it off, my wife has suggested getting a newer bike and I am sure we all know how dangerous that is!!

Old October 4th, 2018, 09:59 AM   #68
greg737
-

Quote:
To top it off, my wife has suggested getting a newer bike and I am sure we all know how dangerous that is!!
Well, that would just be an example of taking the concept of "EX250 disposability" to its ultimate level of expression.

Wha-cha-gonna-get? Wha-cha-gonna-get? Wha-cha-gonna-get? Huh? Huh?

Old October 4th, 2018, 11:21 AM   #69
Buzzerd
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
Well, that would just be an example of taking the concept of "EX250 disposability" to its ultimate level of expression.

Wha-cha-gonna-get? Wha-cha-gonna-get? Wha-cha-gonna-get? Huh? Huh?
I have always lusted after the Honda VFR but in reality I have loved the Ninjette as a daily commuter - great gas mileage, easy to work on, parts are (relatively) cheap and available and they are fun to ride without risking triple-digit speeding tickets. The Ninja 300 looks like a nice bike.

Old October 4th, 2018, 12:01 PM   #70
greg737
-

Quote:
I have always lusted after the Honda VFR but in reality I have loved the Ninjette as a daily commuter - great gas mileage, easy to work on, parts are (relatively) cheap and available and they are fun to ride without risking triple-digit speeding tickets. The Ninja 300 looks like a nice bike.
I'm a huge fan of the 5th Generation Honda VFR800 (the '98 to '01 year models). The V-4 engine with its flat-plane (180 degree) crankshaft sounds like a little Ferrari, the gear-driven camshafts have a great sounding straight-cut gear whine, and the variable-length (2 path) intake gives it a very nice "intake honk" that changes at about 7,000 RPM when the second path opens up and the engine-mounted single-sided swingarm looks great. And, the Honda PGM-FI makes it a truly modern bike (no carbs). Plus, Honda build quality.

The 5th Generation VFR was definitely the "best of the breed" among the VFR generations, it was the last year to have gear-driven camshafts and the first year to have Honda's PGM-FI system.

I like them so much I've got 2 of them: a '99 that I keep here in Denver and an '01 that I keep in Alabama where I spend a lot of time.

My '99 has an aftermarket Vance & Hines S4 Stainless exhaust canister on it which really lets you hear the unique V-4 engine sound, the firing order of this engine is wonderfully irregular, 1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-, and results in a nice burble at idle and a rumbly operating sound throughout the rev-range.

Here's what a 5th Gen VFR800 with an aftermarket exhaust canister sounds like (not my bike but a very good video, if you watch the whole video he takes the bike through its paces: highway and surface streets, neighborhood):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcZcY2oJ-nM

V-4 engine sound explained:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwEbwKBic6w

But with all that said, I still love my '05 EX250 and so does my daughter. She has pretty much taken it over from me and her feeling of ownership is so strong she's even given it a new pet-name that she prefers.

Old October 6th, 2018, 05:14 AM   #71
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Cool

I have owned two pre-gen Ninja 250s, both purchased under $1k each.

I rode about 10k miles on each of them before selling them at prices right about the amount that I purchased them.

The ease of care and price for replacement or repair on pre-gen Ninja 250 is a very valid point.

I used to commute on highway 100+ mile one way on the Ninja 250 twice a week, 80+ mph, sustained 11-12k rpm for solid 40-50 miles non-stop. Ninja 250 never miss a beat.
Ninja 250 would still be my choice for such mundane commute if I didn't have so much crap to carry along with me, even among my other choices of bikes:

Last futzed with by "A"; October 6th, 2018 at 04:12 PM.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2018, 07:35 AM   #72
Buzzerd
ninjette.org member

Nice stable, "A"!!

Old June 9th, 2019, 03:29 PM   #73
willis9076
ninjette.org member

Name: Henry

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R

100k Miles on a 2012 Ninja 250!!

https://youtu.be/U58YdYPFN4o

So I hit 100k Miles on my 2012 ninja 250 back in March.

This bike is ridden about 300 miles a week on average on the freeway to and from work 70-85mph.

Still running pretty good considering. Original motor and clutch. I think I am out of adjustment on the timing chain tensioner.

Had to replace the throttle cable due tie it snapping on the freeway at 51k miles.

Low beam bulb replaced once. High Beam still original.

Oil Changed every 3-5k with Rotella T6 and valves done about every 15-20k by me.

Been through probably about 5 chains, 4 front brake pads, 2 front sprockets, 3 rear sprockets I think.

Original front rotor, but it does need to be changed with next brake pad change.

Original rear pads and rotors but I hardly ever use them. But also, the rear brakes don't work anymore and I think there is a leak where air gets into the system and I have to bleed the air out, but that only works for about a month or 2 before I have to do it again. Probably needs a rebuild.

I think I'm on my 3 or 4 front tires and twice the amount for the rear tires.

With regular use and maintenance, these bikes will last a long time.

But I am gonna pick up a 400 soon and put another 100k on that too!

I haven't really been riding much the past few weeks, but my odometer right now says 1613!!

Last futzed with by willis9076; June 9th, 2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Added more details
willis9076 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old June 9th, 2019, 06:47 PM   #74
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Wow, Henry, that's quite a workhorse you've got!

How many valve-adjustments, actual shim-replacements, have you had to do during those miles?
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2019, 07:13 PM   #75
willis9076
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Wow, Henry, that's quite a workhorse you've got!

How many valve-adjustments, actual shim-replacements, have you had to do during those miles?
I think I did 6 adjustments. The first 1 or 2 times I had to replace shims on both the exhaust and intake. But the later ones it was only on the exhaust sides with an occasional intake shim being replaced.

Old June 9th, 2019, 07:29 PM   #76
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by willis9076 View Post
I think I did 6 adjustments. The first 1 or 2 times I had to replace shims on both the exhaust and intake. But the later ones it was only on the exhaust sides with an occasional intake shim being replaced.
Ah, good to know what to expect! Did clearances increase or decrease with mileage?
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2019, 07:41 PM   #77
willis9076
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Ah, good to know what to expect! Did clearances increase or decrease with mileage?
They got tighter over time. I almost always had to replace them with a thinner shim.

Also, in the beginning, I was getting about 55mpg. Now I am getting about 50mpg. Still not too bad.

Old June 10th, 2019, 06:15 PM   #78
ninjette.org member

Name: Garry

Motorcycle(s): GPX250 1989 model and 1990 model

Quote:
Taking a small amount off the underside of the rocker arm to allow the ball to move up slightly is the least obtrusive solution. The place where material is removed in this case is not subject to friction or wear and should provide an effective solution. My second choice would be to reprofile the ball but this will probably cause a loss of hardening on the ball bearing surface which may lead to added wear on the ball - with any luck this could compensate for the ongoing valve seat recession?

Old August 17th, 2019, 04:38 PM   #79
nocturncal
ninjette.org member

Name: Cal

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Holy moly Henry, that's awesome. I've got about 25,852 miles on my bike, hoping to hit 6 digits some day. Half of that is all city driving.
nocturncal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2022, 03:07 PM   #80
Norway
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norway View Post
It has now become almost 55 000 kms for my 250R, almost 35 000 miles.
Regularly serviced. Brake pads, tires, chain and sprockets and a couple of lightbulbs were replaced. That's all. Leaking fork seals were twice cured by using the SealMate tool. Fixed the problem for a few dollars.
No real problems with the bike. Impressing, when one compare it to certaion other (non japanese) brands.
About 39 600 miles / 63757 km now. Owned since new. (Still below my 2000 Toyota Camry
having about 438 000 km / 272 000 miles.)