ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Motorcycle shipping companies?

I'm looking for a reputable motorcycle shipping company. I've tried googling for companies then I google reviews of those companies and find out those companies are crap. Ive got a bid up on uship.com but have only had 1 offer which might fall through.

So anyone know of a reputable motorcycle shipping company that can ship cross country and insures their deliveries?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I'm looking for a reputable motorcycle shipping company. I've tried googling for companies then I google reviews of those companies and find out those companies are crap. Ive got a bid up on uship.com but have only had 1 offer which might fall through.

So anyone know of a reputable motorcycle shipping company that can ship cross country and insures their deliveries?

I haven't looked into this in a long time but aren't there companies where you drive up put it in a crate and they ship it??? Not sure if you buy the crate or rent it.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #3
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

uship.com
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 26th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcadoo View Post
uship.com
+1
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

He said he had a quote on uship.com but isn't that site depended on someone actually bidding on what you want shipped? Isn't that the website that Shipping Wars are using?
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #6
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

Oh sorry, I didnt read the post. Yeah you post the load, and shippers will bid to handle the load. It is much different from the show vs. real life however.
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #7
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

I went through this when shipping my car. It'll be hard to find what you're looking for. I ended up just shopping around a bit, picking one with decent rates and had convenient pickup and dropoffs for me. Take LOTS of pics. Every detail of your paint or anything that can be damaged.