ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 26th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Dogs love to ride too!

A saucer of dog, for one please!

OCCASIONALLY an idea comes along that you instantly know will revolutionise an element of your life. They often seem obvious in hindsight, leaving you slapping your head and wondering: “Why didn’t I think of that?”

This isn’t one of those inventions.

No, this is the DogSaucer. Despite its name, it’s not a shallow piece of tableware aimed at feeding our canine friends. It’s a trailer. For bikes. And for dogs.

Now those aren’t things that instantly go together. Trailers and bikes really aren’t a natural fit, for a start. Both perfectly good tools for their own purposes and in their own elements, together they just don’t gel. Just because you might like spaghetti just as much as you like ice-cream, it still doesn’t mean you’ll like ice-cream-on-spaghetti. Then you throw dogs into the mix. Not something you might instantly associate with either bikes or trailers, to be honest. So the combination becomes ice-cream on spaghetti with hoi-sin sauce, to take a metaphor way too far.

Still, back to the DogSaucer. It’s the creation of the aptly-named DogSaucer LLC, which has set up a Kickstarter page for the invention. So you can get anything from a $10 bumper sticker (for the bumper on your bike, presumably… you’ve got one of them to go with the trailier, right?) to a $5995 ‘fully loaded’ DogSaucer, which is a full $2k less than they’re planned to cost if the goal of $600,000 is reached and production starts in earnest. It’s a formality, right?

OK, so at the time of writing the DogSaucer has only raised $110, so it’s got little way to go before it hits that mark. But surely the other $599,890 is just around the corner. After all, there are still a couple of weeks to run.

In all seriousness, you’ve got to be impressed by the dedication of the inventor, Greg Hudome, both to his idea and to his dog, Nova. Crazier products have reached the market before, and there are sure to be at least some fellow dog-loving riders out there who’d like a DogSaucer. So even if it doesn’t reach its Kickstarter target, Greg Hudome, we salute you.

You can like his Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/DogSaucer

Related Content

Pooch Maxi
Dogging: an alternative view
It's just a dog on a motorcycle
Top 10 tips for pillion success
Meet Smudge, the biker dog...

Click here for full story...

Old June 26th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #2
daisha
ninjette.org member

Name: Daisha

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 250, 14 FZ-09

This is hilarious. And here I have been, wondering how I could take my dog along for a ride...
daisha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote